evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
Revamped with new rewards structure and Thano5 as the 5* essential
...please

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Trade out Thanos for Daredevil and I'm down.

Actually, just run Gauntlet the way SHIELD Training is. No one's boosted, it lasts a week, play as you can when you please. 

I'd really like the chance to see if I could completely finish the thing off. I think the last time it ran I hit progression for the 4* cover, then green checked the first sub, but I think that was it. 
  • winter37
    winter37 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    This. I really miss the Gauntlet, it feels like it hasn't been run at all in the last year.
  • evade420
    Options
    It's really a great event and one of the few true pve events, and there's a lot they can do to bring the rewards up to date ... like maybe a 5* cover for final progression  ;) 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes I was just thinking the other day I'd probably be able to complete the Gauntlet now ... if it was ever run again
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the last time it ran it rewarded Eddie Venom? Was hardly worth the effort.  And I think it ran after a boss event so the iso shortage was painful.  Also an issue is that it was scaled by roster, so that makes it probably harder than your normal PVE with less rewards.

If if they can’t/won’t update the rewards to be more in line with current PVE rewards, it’s fine not being run, for me.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When was the last gauntlet? Over a year ago? Cuz I think I started playing this game after it then
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    winter37 said:
    This. I really miss the Gauntlet, it feels like it hasn't been run at all in the last year.
    Exactly right.

bluewolf said:
    I think the last time it ran it rewarded Eddie Venom? Was hardly worth the effort.  And I think it ran after a boss event so the iso shortage was painful.  Also an issue is that it was scaled by roster, so that makes it probably harder than your normal PVE with less rewards.

If if they can’t/won’t update the rewards to be more in line with current PVE rewards, it’s fine not being run, for me.
    The last one was 4* Luke Cage iirc. Having reached 10 or 11 4* champs, that was the very first Gauntlet that I completed. Turns out it was also my last.
    Yeah, I seem to remember C4ge being the 4* reward too. I can't remember exactly when it ran, and I can't be bothered to dig through the sneak peek threads right now, but for some reason late spring/early summer timeframe sticks out in my mind. I was in the same boat, champwise, which was around that time. I could be way off base though. 
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I concur!!
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    they should rerun gauntlet with character locking.  that would be cool...  some nodes with gambit, and of course one node running the royal family hahaha
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
  • evade420
    Options
    Think the last rewards were luke , venom, and prof X.
    But we need like 50-70 cp added to the rewards structure to make it worth while , maybe a few 4* cpvers as well 
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    Ick, I'd be happy if the gauntlet never happened again.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love to see Gauntlet if it's updated to support SCLs and provide much better rewards.  Otherwise pass.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ugh, Gauntlet combines the worst in trolling nodes, character lockout, and poor rewards.  At least Simulator gives you something for your efforts.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Mattjimf said:
    Wow, I was way off. I thought I had at least a handful of 4* champs the last time this ran, but I didn't champ my first until right around the time vaulting was implemented. 
  • evade420
    Options
    One of the big problems with gauntlet was that it's a 7 day event,  which many people ( myself included) end up finishing by day 2 or 3 . So maybe by day 3 they can run a heroic pve alongside ( we have t seen one of those in forever) to fill the void 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    They really should just start running Gauntlet concurrently with the boss events.  For high-level alliances, it counteracts the iso draught and gives something to do after Round 8 & Max progression are hit.  For lower alliances, it gives something to do after the side nodes inexplicably scale out more casual rosters.  This would also reduce the perception of rewards of Gauntlet being as out of date, as you also have 3x 3*'s, 3x 4's and an LT from the boss, which exceeds the normal PVE payout.  Just a thought...

When are you going to apply for a job? We need an inside player that pitches these kind of ideas!
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One of my biggest wishes is for a pve season and I would have gauntlet be run as side content a week out of each season. They could also do the same with heroic events. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bring back Gauntlet! :D