Whole bunch of Strange Sights tokens

2»

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Discord or Line always gets the Information out quicker than here.  
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please stop talking about Strange tokens. The tokens were the best part of this event and I am happy they exist within SCL9. This should be the last comment. Leave this alone and let it disappear off the front page. If you're jealous about tokens, just join SCL9 next run.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Alfje17 said:

If it had been an incentive to play SCL9, then they could have advertised it a bit better: I dropped down to SCL7 because of a lack of Archangel, a bunch of extra tokens might have kept me in SCL9.

Then again, T10 in SCL7 with little effort vs T200 in SCL9 might be worth it.
    Define little effort please. Im playing SCL7 too, but to get top 10 6 clears of all nodes wont do. And without Archangel it'll be even more difficult.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I joined CL9 for the progression rewards and took it casual since I didn’t have Archangel. Guess no one does since I’m close to top 50 anyway.

Then I pulled an Archangel on the last sub so I’ll probably be able to make top 50 after all. The tokens are just icing on the cake.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Orion said:
    I joined CL9 for the progression rewards Looand took it casual since I didn’t have Archangel. Guess no one does since I’m close to top 50 anyway.

Then I pulled an Archangel on the last sub so I’ll probably be able to make top 50 after all. The tokens are just icing on the cake.
    Define casual. I played SCL7 and 97k (that's 32k over max progression!) only got me 26 in placement. Top 10 needed 102k.
    So did you just enter a good bracket or is your definition of casual different from mine.

• jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I wish I had known about SLC 9.  I always loved strange sights because of all the token love and I was surprised not to receive as many as I had in the past.  Live and learn I guess.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Dogface said:
    Orion said:
    I joined CL9 for the progression rewards Looand took it casual since I didn’t have Archangel. Guess no one does since I’m close to top 50 anyway.

Define casual. I played SCL7 and 97k (that's 32k over max progression!) only got me 26 in placement. Top 10 needed 102k.
    So did you just enter a good bracket or is your definition of casual different from mine.
    Casual means that I waited to do my initial 4 clears the next morning instead of as soon as the sub opened. Also I only did 6 clears of most nodes instead of the needed 7 for top scoring. But since I did get an Archangel the last day, I was able to do 7 clears of that node and finished 46th in CL8 for a 4* reward.

Edit:  My score was 96.5k