Whole bunch of Strange Sights tokens

MojoWild
MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
I opened the game just now and got a whole bunch of Strange Sights tokens, as if the event already ended... anyone else?
Pretty sure it said something to the effect of congrats to your alliance on finishing x in Doors 1-3. Wary about opening anything if it was a glitch.
I played Door 2, slice 5 fwiw.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would that be a glitch?
    3 subs per day x 3 tokens per sub for every participating alliance = 9 tokens each day.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Ok, I didn't remember it like that before. I thought each sub was the whole 3 days.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I think I recall someone saying if you play SCL 9 you still get tokens instead of ISO. I’m in SCL 8 and got 4000 ISO per door. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 said:
    I think I recall someone saying if you play SCL 9 you still get tokens instead of ISO. I’m in SCL 8 and got 4000 ISO per door. 
    9 gives 3 tokens and 2250 iso.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I snagged the Cloak and Dagger cover with one of my tokens. The flood is quite nice. :)

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL 9 gives tokens.  Others did too up until last June.  Then this:

Below is the amount of Iso-8 Players will receive per Sub-Chapter each day (please note that players will still receive rewards for each Sub-Chapter each day)

Iso-8 Per Sub-Chapter for each S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level

1 - 1,650 Iso-8

2 - 1,750 Iso-8

3 - 2,000 Iso-8

4 - 2,200 Iso-8

5 - 2,500 Iso-8

6 - 2,750 Iso-8

7 - 3,500 Iso-8

8 - 4,000 Iso-8

Why 9 gives tokens has not been addressed,but it should stay that way as far as I’m concerned.

• Quebbster
    bluewolf said:
    SCL 9 gives tokens.  Others did too up until last June.  Then this:

Below is the amount of Iso-8 Players will receive per Sub-Chapter each day (please note that players will still receive rewards for each Sub-Chapter each day)

Iso-8 Per Sub-Chapter for each S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level

1 - 1,650 Iso-8

2 - 1,750 Iso-8

3 - 2,000 Iso-8

4 - 2,200 Iso-8

5 - 2,500 Iso-8

6 - 2,750 Iso-8

7 - 3,500 Iso-8

8 - 4,000 Iso-8

Why 9 gives tokens has not been addressed,but it should stay that way as far as I’m concerned.

Correct me if I am wrong, but SCL 9 did not officially exist in June, right? It could be that when it was added to later runs someone took the rewards from old runs by mistake. And the World was a better Place for it.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Does an alliance have to have at least one person compete in each door every day to get the 3x sub rewards?
    I only got two sub rewards today (doors 1 and 3).  I'm in a public alliance that does not communicate/coordinate (temporarily), so I don't know if anyone did door 2.

Wish I had known SCL9 gives tokens, I would have made my first attempt in there for the tokens.
  • Quebbster
    Does an alliance have to have at least one person compete in each door every day to get the 3x sub rewards?
    I only got two sub rewards today (doors 1 and 3).  I'm in a public alliance that does not communicate/coordinate (temporarily), so I don't know if anyone did door 2.

Wish I had known SCL9 gives tokens, I would have made my first attempt in there for the tokens.

I Believe you need at least one player competing there to be eligble for sub rewards, yes.

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler

Yep, at least one member has to enter each sub.  If you don't have somebody in a sub then you can't place in that sub and earn the rewards. This happened to me once last time this event happened since everybody in the alliance avoided door 1 for day 1 due to the glitch.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    There’s speculation if it’s a bank error in our favor for the cl9 sub rewards being tokens, or it’s an intentional incentive for playing the highest available CL.

As with most stuff, getting confirmation isn’t the easiest thing to do, but I’ll happily take an additional 27 tokens for this run.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Actually I wish people would stop mentioning it.
    If this is an error, it certainly will be fixed for the next run if people keep talking about it enough.

That door bug, on the other hand...
    That may be the saddest, most accurate post I’ve seen.
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2018
    Bowgentle said:
    Actually I wish people would stop mentioning it.
    If this is an error, it certainly will be fixed for the next run if people keep talking about it enough.

That door bug, on the other hand...
    Perhaps. I assume the first time they changed from tokens to iso was because token sales dropped during Strange Sights runs.  I also assume that they fix mistakes that hurt their bottom line ASAP unless it’s an intentional giveback.

Edit:  I am done bringing it up.....
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daaang, I wish I would have known that before I entered.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Something new learned today, CL9 still gives tokens on Strange Sights subs...  :o

If I were a betting man this is where I would say: "Enjoy it while it lasts, this is an oversight and will be corrected when the event is up again." I mean, 27 tokens is too much to give away nowadays, right?

Still, I doubt I would have chosen CL9 in stead of my usual CL8. Some of the nodes contain some straight up evil combinations already IMO, no need to make it harder than it is on CL8.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i had 13 this morn. 12 2*...
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it had been an incentive to play SCL9, then they could have advertised it a bit better: I dropped down to SCL7 because of a lack of Archangel, a bunch of extra tokens might have kept me in SCL9. Then again, T10 in SCL7 with little effort vs T200 in SCL9 might be worth it.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Alfje17 said:

If it had been an incentive to play SCL9, then they could have advertised it a bit better: I dropped down to SCL7 because of a lack of Archangel, a bunch of extra tokens might have kept me in SCL9.

Then again, T10 in SCL7 with little effort vs T200 in SCL9 might be worth it.
    Go to Discord if you want information in advance. This forum only releases information 3 hours after you needed it
  • bluewolf
    I posted a bug report on Monday the 8th, on the forum.  Sorry if people missed it, perhaps I should have posted a thread in GD.  I am not sure if this is a bug or not; but I suspect this intended since it's happened twice now.  This is the second run of SCL9 Strange Sights and both times, they are giving tokens as alliance sub rewards.

There was no announcement from the devs this time or last time, in any location.

Discord is players informing players 99.99999% of the time, btw.  Devs sometimes hint that news is incoming or that they are working on issues, but don't do things like "Hey everyone, we have Strange Sights giving tokens for SCL9!"

Devs are most likely to dodge questions on Discord.  They will say "The forum is the official channel for news about Marvel Puzzle Quest".