Comments

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bil said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    One word.... Slivers 

The original incarnation that is. 

Good lord what MTGPQ would be like with those in a deck. 
    I think it would work a bit like rally, wouldn't it? Though with the limit of 3 creatures there are more limits placed on the slivers.
    Me, I think the Urza lands might be interesting (gain one Mana at beginning of turn, if all three are on the board each gives three Mana) especially with the potential of them just getting eaten by matches and support removal. Could act as a risky colorless ramp.

I like the idea but I doubt I would sacrifice 3 card slots for it. It would be a nice option for new players if they are easy to collect though. 
    Most lands become supports, it would be very hard to turn those lands into creatures wouldn't it?
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
       We are talking about urzas mine,  tower and power plant not urzas factory, right? 
       When I'm talking about card slots I'm talking about 3 cards among the 10 you can use to build the deck.
       There are many mana generating cards that already produce mana on each turn but the good ones are rare cards. 
        3 mana generating supports in a single deck is something I wouldn't risk in platinum as if you get bad draws you get ripped of in 2 seconds. 
        But it could be useful for new players if they ain't got access to the rare ones, that's what I meant. 

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bil said:
       We are talking about urzas mine,  tower and power plant not urzas factory, right? 
       When I'm talking about card slots I'm talking about 3 cards among the 10 you can use to build the deck.
       There are many mana generating cards that already produce mana on each turn but the good ones are rare cards. 
        3 mana generating supports in a single deck is something I wouldn't risk in platinum as if you get bad draws you get ripped of in 2 seconds. 
        But it could be useful for new players if they ain't got access to the rare ones, that's what I meant. 

maybe give each of the urza's supports cycling 2? ;)
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Bil said:

maybe give each of the urza's supports cycling 2? ;)
    With Urza's love of sacrificing everything, it would make sense for them to cycle.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    From invasion:

Last stand: Gain 2x life, draw x cards, convert 2X gems, your opponent discards X cards, create 2x 1/1 haste tokens. X is number of colours of permanents you control.

Coalition victory: your opponent takes x*x damage and you gain x*x life, repeat this x times. X is number of colours of permanents you control.

(1 colour is 1, 2 is 8, 3 is 27, 4 is 66, 5 is 125, simulates the wincon of coalition victory)

Others:

Back to basics: opponent takes 3 damage for each support they control.

Cromat:
    Activate 1 (blue): gain flying
    Activate 1 (black): gain death touch
    Activate 1 (red) gain first strike
    Activate 1 (white) gain vigilance
    Activate 1 (green) gain trample

Yes, permanently ;)

Draco: converge, cost 22 mana 3/3 flying trample, cost 3 less and gain +2+2 for each converged colour.

Opposition: activate 3 - disable target creature your control: disable target creature an opponent controls

Just off the top
  • Navgoose
    Navgoose Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'd like some new mechanics. Like an ability that triggers when you have a card in hand at full mana but don't cast it.

Maybe a creature ability that nullifies the abilities of a creature that blocks or blocked by it.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's that one Eldrazi card that inverts which cards are defenders on your opponent's side each turn. I'd like more stuff like that. Maybe a spell that removes one random 'evergreen' ability from each creature your opponent controls?
  • asm0deus
    asm0deus Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Coat of arms. Colorless mythic support. 15 mana to cast. 2 shields. Your creatures get +2/+2 times the number of the same creature type on the battlefield. This support does not reinforce.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    this card right here:

httpsstatictappedoutnetmtg-cards-2scourgegrip-of-chaosgrip-of-chaos-croppedjpg
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would improve the odds of the AI hitting one of your creatures with Skywhaler’s Shot!
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Dragonstorm, fun times with Sarkhan
    https://magiccards.info/query?q=!Dragonstorm
    I AM NOW BECOME THE DRAGONSTORM HERMIT
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Dragonstorm, fun times with Sarkhan
    https://magiccards.info/query?q=!Dragonstorm
    I AM NOW BECOME THE DRAGONSTORM HERMIT
    haha a DtG for dragons, I like it.  Just hope it would be a bit more expensive then DtG, just because it would be silly in red/white with legacy with tryant.

Just imagine a deck with Dragonstorm, firegoggles, DtG, HuF.  That's practically half the deck.  That would be even a bit much for me lol and I'd hate to see any further push for nerf than there already is lol
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is one that might have been interesting considering how Cruel Reality, Herald of Anguish and Hapatra work. Possibly adjust it to something like restoring one of your creatures to full power and toughness and giving it hexproof until your next turn.

This one would have been good during Aether Revolt as well. Energize when it enters, and overload to give it a permanent +1/+1 with double strike. Would have potentially been a card that would have made that Chandra more playable.
  • p2dr
    p2dr Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2018
    Options
    So many cards I'd like to see but these ones I often wish I could use when I'm playing...

Fling a 600/600 bye

deploy the gatewatch anyone?

Combomachine
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    God Pharaoh's Gift is almost Sneak Attack. 
  • p2dr
    p2dr Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2018
    Options
    God Pharaoh's Gift is almost Sneak Attack. 
    with sneak attack they come from your hand, i think that makes a lot of difference. 
    Also the sacrifice instead of exile is worth more, because... combo
    But yeah, I do really like Gift too.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Dovescape? ;)
  • Dutchrudder
    Dutchrudder Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Make it happen
    City of ****
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Don't joke, I actually lost a single elimination tournament match to  the card cheap **** xD

It adds up a lot, really fast ;)
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    httpwwwkelz0rdkmagicimagesimg2miramira147jpg

Would also be cool to see a Level Up mechanic, maybe could be done through activated gems?

httpsmythicspoilercomroecardstranscendentmasterjpg