Cards you'd like to see in this game

FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
What are some cards from the MTG game you'd like to see in MTGPQ and how would they work?

Example: LLanowar Elves: CMC 3 mana.  Green Uncommon.  1/2 elf with "When this creature enters the battlefield, convert 1 gem to green.  At the beginning of your turn, convert 1 gem to green and gain 1 life."

I could see this card being a nice addition to most beginning/intermediate players decks as a good way to helping them gain footing in competitive play.  What are your card ideas? :)

Comments

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I'd like it they added gem converters for the color pairs that don't have them. A creature that couldn't be disabled would be interesting too, maybe a 3 power uncommon, or a 4 or 5 power rare.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Time Walk? wait...we already have that; it's called by another name: cycling. :D
  • FindingHeart8
    Time Walk? wait...we already have that; it's called by another name: cycling. :D
    you're not wrong lol.  However I'm not too against cycling.  Yeah get the right cards and you can --at least by the rules of mtgpq-- take infinite turns until victory.  That being said, it's tedious and not really enjoyable.  Even before booster crafting, I had all the best cycling cards, and a pretty much guaranteed win to every game I played, but I'd rather take a chance to lose and have fun then play magic solitaire with myself until I win.  There's a hidden tradeoff there.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    you're not wrong lol.  However I'm not too against cycling.  Yeah get the right cards and you can --at least by the rules of mtgpq-- take infinite turns until victory.  That being said, it's tedious and not really enjoyable.  Even before booster crafting, I had all the best cycling cards, and a pretty much guaranteed win to every game I played, but I'd rather take a chance to lose and have fun then play magic solitaire with myself until I win.  There's a hidden tradeoff there.

Exactly! I hate the _gameplay_ of cycling and aren't willing to do it to win. I'll cycle a card here or there but no longer the whole deck.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've said this more than a few times, but... Prey Upon.

There's also a nice large list of cards from earlier sets, notably since we're getting more vampires next set: Stromkirk Occultist, Ravenous Bloodseeker, Incorrigible Youths, and Vodalen Duelist.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Emrakul is almost literally a time walk, on a stick. and it's colourless.
  • FindingHeart8
    Kinesia said:

Exactly! I hate the _gameplay_ of cycling and aren't willing to do it to win. I'll cycle a card here or there but no longer the whole deck.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Overall (even though I won't use it) I think it's a good mechanic.  In addition to the AI not being able to abuse it, the majority of the cards are easily obtainable by new players (commons/uncommons).  All you really need are to get is 1 or 2 key rares and you have a good shot at winning every game.  Yeah they'll learn to hate it, but knowing you could win battles against the best players will definitely help in player retention, even if they don't use it and still lose a lot.
  • wereotter
    Kinesia said:

I did a lot of it early on, but realized quickly just how boring it is as a strategy. Now I only use it in events where I don't see any other way to win but to try to cycle into the cards I need to hit objectives.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Anything frim the Ixalan set would be nice. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    more vampires, werewolves, eldrazi in general

Werewolves:

Scorned Villager
    Afflicted Deserter
    Daybreak Ranger
    Mayor of Avabruck
    Huntmaster of the Fells

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Many ones, but I'd love liliana's caress to make damage on discards.
  • FindingHeart8
    edited January 2018
    Bil said:
    Many ones, but I'd love liliana's caress to make damage on discards.
    that would be eviiiiiiiil lol.  Would have to cost a lot though, as that is basically Ob Nix's ultimate ability on a card.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    library of Alexandria. just to see what it'd turn out like. 
  • Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    How bout chaos orb...maybe change a huge block of 5x5 to loyalty (excluding supports in area)
  • FindingHeart8
    Gotcha617 said:
    How bout chaos orb...maybe change a huge block of 5x5 to loyalty (excluding supports in area)
    I would love that :D
  • FindingHeart8
    Tibalt as a new planeswalker.  We need a gambling planeswalker in this game for the people who just want to make their matches total chaos lol.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Ob's ultimate is on drawing cards, not discard, but I already had in mind a combination of both  >:)
  • wereotter

Here's one I felt like they could have done some interesting things with. Possibly something like "When you make a match gain +1 loyalty" or "when you match loyalty gems, you gain 3 mana"
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    One word.... Slivers 

The original incarnation that is. 

Good lord what MTGPQ would be like with those in a deck. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Gunmix25 said:
    One word.... Slivers 

The original incarnation that is. 

Good lord what MTGPQ would be like with those in a deck. 
    I think it would work a bit like rally, wouldn't it? Though with the limit of 3 creatures there are more limits placed on the slivers.
    Me, I think the Urza lands might be interesting (gain one Mana at beginning of turn, if all three are on the board each gives three Mana) especially with the potential of them just getting eaten by matches and support removal. Could act as a risky colorless ramp.