Tinykitty archangel required

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    5*s should not be required before they leave Latest token... period.
    This system of latest 5*s being required is stupid and does not make much sense, unless you want to promote Pay to Win system.
    I dont have a single Archangel card and with 0/0/3 Gambit last campaign was not very great.

Don't be silly, that wouldn't encourage you to use your Latest Legends tokens. Besides, it's a lot easier to roster a specific Latest Legends than it is to roster a specific Classic fivestar.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    veny said:
    This system of latest 5*s being required is stupid and does not make much sense, unless you want to promote Pay to Win system.
    I dont have a single Archangel card and with 0/0/3 Gambit last campaign was not very great.

Don't be silly, that wouldn't encourage you to use your Latest Legends tokens. Besides, it's a lot easier to roster a specific Latest Legends than it is to roster a specific Classic fivestar.
    I am not buying latest but still i have plenty of them as promotion rewards or DDQ (or rarely from vaults).
    And no, it is much easier to roster 5*s in classic - mostly you get at least one before it leaves Latest token.
    Maybe for newcomers it is easier, since they did not experence oldest 5*s in latest.
  • Quebbster
    veny said:
    Quebbster said:
    veny said:

I am not buying latest but still i have plenty of them as promotion rewards or DDQ (or rarely from vaults).
    And no, it is much easier to roster 5*s in classic - mostly you get at least one before it leaves Latest token.
    Maybe for newcomers it is easier, since they did not experence oldest 5*s in latest.
    Number of fivestar characters in Latest Legends: Three
    Number of fivestar characters in Classic Legends: Eighteen.
    Since the chance to get a fivestar character is equal for both types of tokens, that means on average you need to open six times as many Classic tokens to get one cover for a given character. You can reasonably expect to get three fivestar covers in around 20 pulls, but to get 18 covers you need to pull 120-125 tokens. Which one is easier to accomplish?
    Sure, you might beat the odds and get the character you need early, but you could just as easily get a whole lot of covers for one of the seventeen characters that aren't the essential character this time around...
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    What percent of players have Archangel?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Quebbster said:
    veny said:
    Quebbster said:
    veny said:

Since the chance to get a fivestar character is equal for both types of tokens, that means on average you need to open six times as many Classic tokens to get one cover for a given character. You can reasonably expect to get three fivestar covers in around 20 pulls, but to get 18 covers you need to pull 120-125 tokens. Which one is easier to accomplish?
    Sure, you might beat the odds and get the character you need early, but you could just as easily get a whole lot of covers for one of the seventeen characters that aren't the essential character this time around...
    You missed my point completely:
    1st - its not about comparing classics vs latests. IF 5* node contained only 5*s from classic, it would be win for most of us. So far i was ALWAYS able to get 5* from latest before it moved to classic. On the other side Archangel is relatively new and i dont have him yet. 5% chance.
    Still, i am sure i will get him before it gets in Classic, SO THIS is my point - give players time to get required 5* (that means wait before 5* gets in classic).
    2nd - Not mentioning the fact that you can always chose the bonus hero and you cant deny that opening classics will give you bonus 5* sooner than opening Latest with same CP expense.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    veny said:
    Quebbster said:
    veny said:
    Quebbster said:
    veny said:

1st - its not about comparing classics vs latests. IF 5* node contained only 5*s from classic, it would be win for most of us. So far i was ALWAYS able to get 5* from latest before it moved to classic. On the other side Archangel is relatively new and i dont have him yet. 5% chance.
    Still, i am sure i will get him before it gets in Classic, SO THIS is my point - give players time to get required 5* (that means wait before 5* gets in classic).
    2nd - Not mentioning the fact that you can always chose the bonus hero and you cant deny that opening classics will give you bonus 5* sooner than opening Latest with same CP expense.
    If you can't get a single cover of the required 5* opening Latest tokens you can purchase it directly with CP from the HfH store.  The point is to discourage hoarding Latest tokens (and spending too I suppose), and waiting until character has left the Latest pool doesn't serve that objective.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Raud said:
    What percent of players have Archangel?
    My guess would be 30-40%, but in SCL 1-7 probably ~20% in SCL 8/9 probably closer to 80-90%. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I don't mind this, since we aren't on a new character release. I can survive taking the break and just hitting full progression. On a new character release, it would have aggravated me, since I would've had to drop all the way down to 6. I hate that. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Luck would have it i pulled an Archangel from the LT i got from Cyclops VS Hulkbuster in DDQ. How's that for timing.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Dogface said:
    Luck would have it i pulled an Archangel from the LT i got from Cyclops VS Hulkbuster in DDQ. How's that for timing.
    I did the very same. thank you karma
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    With a few characters already being in need of iso to champ and save covers I was reluctant to spend tokens to get AA today, but decided to go for it.

It took me about 65 tokens to finally get him, but when I did I also hit a bonus cover so I got my first 2 at once. Over all 5*rate was pretty bad 7/65 I think, but I did get one of each Gambit and the 2 Thors were in the colors I didn't have yet. The 4*s were mostly safe too. I don't expect any to go to waste, but will have to harvest a lot of maxed 2*s which will be well worth it, but I probably need to hoard until the next 5* now.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    I got a Riri blue from mine.  Champ level.  0/58 for AA now.
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I know a lot of people won't like the idea, and I DO have a few AA covers so this wouldn't benefit me, but I'd almost like to see the 5* node having a 1/1/1 loaner option like required PvP characters. More people being able to play those nodes means more competition and more options available to newer players, and having a minimum leveled 1/1/1 doesn't make the nodes much easier, as anyone who's done it can likely attest. Even if it was limited to only the first time a character is the essential 5*, it would be a nice option for those with bad luck/other issues. 
  • Quebbster
    veny said:
    Quebbster said:
    veny said:
    Quebbster said:
    veny said:

1st - It would not be "win for most of us", it would be "win for veteran players". That was my Point to begin with - for a player just moving to the fivestar tier, it is a lot easier to get a cover for the essential fivestar from a Latest token than it is to get it from a Classic token.

I won't deny that people haven't had much time to get Archangel covers at this Point, but on the other hand everyone is in the same boat - those who have Archangel will have an advantage but those who don't are so many that it won't be a significant disadvantage. I don't have Dr 5trange, who is the essential in the new character release this weekend, but that just means I will hit the other nodes harder to make up the difference and Place as well as possible.

2nd- the chance of getting a bonus fivestar cover is 1 in 140, so it's not really a practical option (which is why I won't put 5trange as my bonus hero). But yes, I will agree that the 2800 CP you need to pay for 140 Classic Legends pull is a lot less than the 3500 CP you need to pay for 140 Latest Legends pulls.

If you can't get a single cover of the required 5* opening Latest tokens you can purchase it directly with CP from the HfH store.  The point is to discourage hoarding Latest tokens (and spending too I suppose), and waiting until character has left the Latest pool doesn't serve that objective.

As nice as the HfH store is, 500 CP is probably better spent on 20 Latest Legends pulls, since that statistically should get you Three fivestar covers instead of just one... but then there's no guarantee you'll get the one you need.

Bowgentle said:
    KinDM said:
    I know a lot of people won't like the idea, and I DO have a few AA covers so this wouldn't benefit me, but I'd almost like to see the 5* node having a 1/1/1 loaner option like required PvP characters. More people being able to play those nodes means more competition and more options available to newer players, and having a minimum leveled 1/1/1 doesn't make the nodes much easier, as anyone who's done it can likely attest. Even if it was limited to only the first time a character is the essential 5*, it would be a nice option for those with bad luck/other issues. 
    That's the whole point they invented the 5* node, to get people to chase the shiny.
    A loaner would completely counter that intention.

This guy gets it.

• Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Probably worth dropping to SCL7 if you don't have him, the points for the 5* node is pitiful.
  • bluewolf
    edited January 2018
    I went scl9, chose door 1.  No AA.  Did 7 clears except 6 on waves. Second flip.  Still finished 17th in sub, 56 overall.  I’ll miss an xfdp cover but get more cp than any other scl.

Strange Sights is so goofy with the 3 doors, it’s probably the best one to be missing an essential on.

Edit:  Slice 1
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    KinDM said:
    That's the whole point they invented the 5* node, to get people to chase the shiny.
    I think SCL9 should be required (maybe 8 too) but SCL7 I think should give a 1/1/1 (or maybe even better) loaner.  If they design a good character letting people play with a loaner can actually do a better job of pushing people to chase it than making it essential.
  • bluewolf
    Bowgentle said:
    KinDM said:
    I think SCL9 should be required (maybe 8 too) but SCL7 I think should give a 1/1/1 (or maybe even better) loaner.  If they design a good character letting people play with a loaner can actually do a better job of pushing people to chase it than making it essential.
    But what about when they design a lackluster character?  Maybe they need to make those characters essentials sooner to spur pulling for them.
  • Quebbster
    bluewolf said:
    Bowgentle said:
    KinDM said:
    But what about when they design a lackluster character?  Maybe they need to make those characters essentials sooner to spur pulling for them.

That seems to be the plan this time around. The ridiculous level boost for new characters made sure Gambit and Thor got played anyway (not that Gambit needed the help...), but maybe people aren't chasing Archangel hard enough yet?