Tinykitty archangel required

Copps
Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
tinykitty requiring a five star a week after they hit tokens. I've pulled 1/45 since he hit tokens and the one was gambit

**Removed attacks - Ducky

Comments

• Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I've put every 3* and 4* on the cusp of a ledgen token champion level as a bonus hero, so far zero bonus hero's.

Will be up against the wire if I get and archangel before I join :(
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I feel your pain... I’ve gone 5*-less since 2018 started, 0/22 to today, yay. Looks like I’ll be slumming this pve which is a bit sad!
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    They were doing this likely because next weekend will be a new character release and they want the more readily available Thor to be the 5star essential.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    They were doing this likely because next weekend will be a new character release and they want the more readily available Thor to be the 5star essential.

Come now, after 4 years you give them the benefit of the doubt still?

They threw darts and it landed on Archangel is what it was.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it is Thor that will mean 4 Latest in a row, which breaks their stated pattern of 3 Latest, 2 Classic, repeat. So I will accept that but it would be nice if they told us that pattern is out the window.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    bluewolf said:
    If it is Thor that will mean 4 Latest in a row, which breaks their stated pattern of 3 Latest, 2 Classic, repeat. So I will accept that but it would be nice if they told us that pattern is out the window.
    Unless they twist it and count Daredevil as a Classic 5*, which occurred halfway through EotS
    They didn't when Spidey switched mid.  So if they're consistent it will be classic.  But they are not consistent so no one knows for sure till the tell us....
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I was quite upset at needing to blow my hoard prematurely to get this guy. I was trying to wait until Thursday when America entered tokens, at which point it would have been too late for this event. Should have just taken that loss and said screw it. 
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I was quite upset at needing to blow my hoard prematurely to get this guy. I was trying to wait until Thursday when America entered tokens, at which point it would have been too late for this event. Should have just taken that loss and said screw it. 
    yeah, I was starting my horde for thursday, blew 10 LTs in anticipation of an AA 0/10 (big whoop, I know). I'm just going to wait for her to be in latest Thursday before I open any more with cp.

Still, it's an unfriendly move by the developers.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    robertbah said:
    One possible explanation:
    When EOTs starts, DD was latest #1. 
    When Unstable-Iso starts, Gambit was latest #2. (Should be Thor instead but the long break change this order)
    When Strange Sights starts, latest #3 will be the essential which is AA.
    This is probably the most reasonable post in this whole thread.  That sounds plausible and still fit in with their intended rotation.  It's still a little odd, but unless they sync up characters leaving/entering packs with PvE release dates it's always gonna be weird when one transitions mid event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    robertbah said:
    When Unstable-Iso starts, Gambit was latest #2. (Should be Thor instead but the long break change this order)

Unfortunately the fivestar rotation happened on Tuesday January 2nd and Unstable ISO didn't start until Thursday January 4th, so by this logic Gambit should have been skipped instead of Thor.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    robertbah said:

Unfortunately the fivestar rotation happened on Tuesday January 2nd and Unstable ISO didn't start until Thursday January 4th, so by this logic Gambit should have been skipped instead of Thor.
    Yeah but Thor is only the God of Thunder, Gambit is the God of MPQ so he rules over any situation.
  • DAZ0273
    Quebbster said:
    robertbah said:

Yeah but Thor is only the God of Thunder, Gambit is the God of MPQ so he rules over any situation.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    robertbah said:

It could also have something to do with Gambit being skipped as essential as he was up during the Apocalypse boss battle. Daredevil was about to leave the token pool, Gambit was skipped last cycle... If they had to skip someone to fit Archangel this time Thor makes the most sense.
  • DAZ0273
    Quebbster said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quebbster said:
    robertbah said:

It could also have something to do with Gambit being skipped as essential as he was up during the Apocalypse boss battle. Daredevil was about to leave the token pool, Gambit was skipped last cycle... If they had to skip someone to fit Archangel this time Thor makes the most sense.
    Quite possibly. They presumably want to get a set amount of rotations for each latest 5* so may mix things up because of that, Thor has longer left in Latest tokens so will get another chance.

It is a shame thematically what with the Thor/Strange link from their respective movies though.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

I was really looking forward to playing around with my now 9 cover Thor.  He was at my "first time featured 5* PVE" Park point of 325 - I was intending to dump my Iso into him (maybe enough to soft cap him, certainly enough by the end of the event,) and get a preview of what he'll be like when I finish him.  I was disappointed when Archangel was announced, and more so when it was confirmed in the preview.  Playing the event with a 2 cover (both green,) 285 Archangel is going to be a slog - he'll contribute almost nothing.  I'd get a much better sense of what he's like in two weeks, so that would be more fun for me.

That being said, I really can't hold it against the developers to reward people who are playing the game the way they intend it.  The clear intent of a 5* intro is that you're supposed to go for the new one - possibly spend CP on their own Token pack, but definitely pull for it when it's in.  >shrug<

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    My pop-up notifications for this thread have been showing the original title, and it's quite hilarious. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    5*s should not be required before they leave Latest token... period.
    This system of latest 5*s being required is stupid and does not make much sense, unless you want to promote Pay to Win system.
    I dont have a single Archangel card and with 0/0/3 Gambit last campaign was not very great.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    5*s should not be required before they leave Latest token... period.
    This system of latest 5*s being required is stupid and does not make much sense, unless you want to promote Pay to Win system.
    I dont have a single Archangel card and with 0/0/3 Gambit last campaign was not very great.

Hi Everyone. When it comes to the 5-Star Essential rotation, it cycles between the 3 Latest Legends to 2 Classic Legends, then back again to the Latest Legends.

As for Gambit (Modern) entering the rotation, I will be sure to ask the developers.