Options
2»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,502 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    bluewolf said:
    There is a current job listing on Demiurge’s website for a QA Tester. It’s a contractor position. I’m not sure if it requires being in Cambridge MA.
    Interesting. I hope this isn't a joke because I'm going to look into it. And before you Forumites start razzing me, yes I am likely qualified to fill this role.

As long as I don't have to move. Then no.
    I’m fully serious. They have a number of positions that suggest a new game being in development, actually.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I've seen some outrage on the forums about the change to 1* Spidey, even some calling it a nerf. I use him every day in the 1* DDQ node, I like the changes!! I think they made him better!! Is the outrage over the change or the lack of notification of the change?
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think that we are all living in the past here folks! Beta tester Zerokarma here and I’m super excited for our test docket that’s coming up for 2018. 

1) Win-based....PvE. Based on the work that Betatester Rockett put in on both win-based PvP and tapping in PvE, I think a marriage of the two makes sense, and I look forward to trying it out in-game. Rumor is that they have learned their lesson from PvP testing and WILL include the cp as part of progression. You just need 40 wins. Per node.

2) Balance changes - Taking our suggestions into account and based on our analysis of their in-game value, rather than wasting time in balancing powers, time better spent on other actions, 5* Bruce Banner and 5* Doc Ock will simply be renamed to Hot Garbage and Expletive Depleted.

3) Gambit nerf incoming! - Based on our previous analysis he will be nerfed as soon as he leaves latest and enters classics. His spot in the rotation will be filled by 5* Deadpool, whose main skill is a passive placing a big finger in the middle of the screen. Thankfully no one will notice because we all turned the animations off.

4) Betatester Colog’s precious works on 4* and 5* tier rankings will receive a new edition when 6* are released. They can’t be bought using CP or HP or $$ is the rumor. However you can earn special tokens by donating blood. DNA testing will be used to ensure people aren’t gaming the system by fooling relatives into contributing or sacrificing small woodland creatures. 

5) Cheating will be removed completely from the game as the $2 for 7cp test will be implemented game wide for good. This will allow all players an opportunity to get their own 550 heroes. The catch being that you won’t be able to q anyone and the skip tax will now be 7cp
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Options
    broll said:
    And people wonder why the devs don't come here anymore...
    Then why would a game have forums? Lol colog has done a lot for this game 

show a bit of respect

//Removed Insult -Brigby
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    broll said:
    And people wonder why the devs don't come here anymore...
    See this all the time, I hate these replies. 

When exactly DID the devs come here?  I've been here for over 3 years and don't remember any meaningful interaction with devs ever other than the videos they used to post, which barely counted as "interaction" any more than them posting a link to the Marvel articles that they do now.
    I remember that in the early days some of the devs (at the time) used to post here occasionally. It's been a while though, I give you that.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My biggest question for the devs is why 3* Gambit got gutted while 5* Gambit barely got a slap on the wrist. Ever since his nerf I simply can't comprehend any reason other than 5* Gambit makes more money. I hope I'm wrong, but I honestly sincerely doubt it.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Beta Tester @LifeofAgony I will join you in a glass of mead, but please be careful.  If you happen to drink too much mead and happen to make a mistake and sell one of your long and hard fought for treasures, the great Over Lords will shun you.  But as you know if you happen to rage sell you entire riches, then will come to your rescue to help you out in hope to receive some form or payment in the future.  So please be careful with this.  
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    P.S., the test sets covering erroneously triggering passive powers in wave nodes are still failing, as are those concerning character powers that consist of multiple parts being treated as separate attacks.

Please advise if the test sets are still up to the current standards, seeing as they were introduced over half a year ago.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    My biggest question for the devs is why 3* Gambit got gutted while 5* Gambit barely got a slap on the wrist. Ever since his nerf I simply can't comprehend any reason other than 5* Gambit makes more money. I hope I'm wrong, but I honestly sincerely doubt it.
    It's because an 0/0/5 Gambit was more advantageous than a champed 3* Gambit (regardless of build). Basic design principle of the game is that leveling/champing is good for you, and Gambit broke that, so they fixed him.

I mean, they literally spelled out why they changed him in the thread where they announced he was changing if you'd bothered to look for an answer to your question.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Anon said:
    It's because an 0/0/5 Gambit was more advantageous than a champed 3* Gambit (regardless of build). Basic design principle of the game is that leveling/champing is good for you, and Gambit broke that, so they fixed him.

I mean, they literally spelled out why they changed him in the thread where they announced he was changing if you'd bothered to look for an answer to your question.
    yes but they changed it in a way that was completely unnecessary and over the top. they needed to add one single line of dialog that said "Cannot fire powers from purple and red regardless of covers in ability"  that would have drained the battery with out brutalizing the character.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also there are many more 3* players than 5* so an imbalanced 3* is much more damning to the game than a 5*.  Those of us in the 5* tier do not account for bulk of players.  

Almost all recent changes have been geared toward early game engagement (0-2 year players).  Having a toon so out of whack at that level was too damaging to the bottom line of player acquisition and retention.

The 5* 3+ year vets are the loud and vocal minority.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You lie. There is no beta tester position opening. That role has already been filled by thousands of clearly capable players.

Also, I kept my word and voted with my wallet, opting to go for only my usual VIP renewal and not purchasing anything else. A lot of the vocal minority come to the forums to crib and then go spending thousands on the game. If you're so displeased with the devs, then maybe keeping the wallet shut is the best way? Isn't that why win based was dropped?
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Here you go get paid too:

https://jobs.lever.co/demiurgestudios/853ec368-6125-48c0-85bc-2f119b5e6811

edit - now I see it's already been mention. /edit

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beta testers are reporting another bug in the 5 star essential rotation, first we had Starlord featured a second time out of order,  now we're seeing Archangel pinch hitting for Thor