Happy New Year to Demiurge from your Beta Testers. A 4Q Summary

Options
Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
Happy New Year to our Aloof Overlords from your Paying Beta Testers.

I hope we all paid enough in the last couple of weeks to retain our position as your premiere quality control vehicle. I know many really put their wallet where their mouth is last Friday on Amazon Digital Day. I want to submit our Fourth Quarter report.

The quarter began with the roll out of wins-based PvP. The Beta Testing team was intently involved in thoroughly understanding the new system. Beta Tester The Rockett particularly stood out in compiling the rest of the Beta Testing team's data into a comprehensive report on an event by event status.

The value of our input was immediately seen when you decided to roll things back to points-based PvP. Thank you oh great lords and masters your humble Beta Testers feel listened to.

The continuing testing of 5* Gambit has been on going. It has been assisted by many more Beta Testers redeeming large hoards of tokens and CP. As a result we determined that the original version was the best character ever released. Thankfully in an environment where either you had Gambit and reaped the reward or had your previous years of effort invalidated if you didn't have him; clearly showed the inequity. Again the rapid response was appreciated when you chose to improve the character by allowing him to destroy two random enemy AP. Now the inequity was only made clearer and more definitive.

I await the next iteration of your wise and magnanimous response you incredibly smart Demiurge guys.

I have to admit the failure of the Beta Testing team when it came to SHIELD Training. In the Nico Minoru version of SHIELD Training we tried reaching out to the sage and beneficent masters, before the event, to let them know there were no tokens which allowed people to gain enough covers from Main Event Hulk so as to compete. The masters seemed irritated with this pointing out of a flaw and responded with anger and arrogance. We groveled from the throne room expecting a solution.

After the event was over we found a buried scroll from the Town Crier Brigby who mentioned it was an oversight and mistake.

We are so sorry as Beta Testers we let you down in not pointing out the obvious more forcefully. surely it wouldn't happen again.

Except some Beta Testers approached the sagacious Demiurge team informing them that the length of the SHIELD Training for America Chavez was not long enough. To get enough covers through playing to work your way through the entire training paradigm via winning covers you need the PvP which rewards the covers and the following PvP where it is in progression. The same is true for PvE. If you place high enough you have the covers to play through once you get the progression covers from the follow-up PvE. It was pointed out to you masters of time and space that the PvE progression covers were going to be rewarded after the end of the SHIELD Training. Once again irritation and anger was the response when informed prior to the beginning of the event. Again we groveled from the august Demiurge presence.

Somewhere Town Crier Brigby is humming "Ooops I did it again!" as he looks for an inconspicuous place to post the admission of another foreseeable mistake.

Finally as Beta Testers we want to thank you for throwing out surprises without notice. It really keeps us on our toes. Just this quarter completely changing the active abilities of 1* Spider-Man with no advance announcement was particularly fun. Not to mention updates with no advance notes. It really allows the Beta Testing team to fan out looking for all of the bugs so we can report them to you oh magnificent masters.

I respectfully submit this report on behalf of the entire Beta Testing team otherwise known as your players.
Mop in one hand, wallet in the other.
Happy New Year!

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    And people wonder why the devs don't come here anymore...
    Is it because of your sense of humour failure?
    *looks innocently around*
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The devs know exactly who they could reach out to in order to get good productive information to better the game and prevent many of the bugs and failures that colog points out. If they are too thin skinned to do it here, those people can be reached in other, non public ways. Point being, the devs could address all of this and avoid the flaming that often happens on this forum.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is a current job listing on Demiurge’s website for a QA Tester. It’s a contractor position. I’m not sure if it requires being in Cambridge MA.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I liked win based, don't speak for all beta testers.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    what about when 5* Star Banner was boosted but his Hulk ego was not. This being shown through rundowns of the Sakaar Arena
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oh great Beta Tester @Colognoisseur I hope the Over Lords don't punish you too much for this by putting you in jail.  You did bring up a lot of vaild points that is Beta Testers tried to warn the Great Ones about, but I will add a few as well. 

After the Q3 run of Strange Sights PVE, we are quick to report a bug in the system to Door 1 in Slice 1 pve.  They spoke with a loud voice saying this will be resolved. As they read from the great scroll of another Strange Sights PVE, some begged to make sure that this issues was resolved for this Q4 run of this event.  Alas, our meager voices were not heard and Door 1 in Slice 1 was still messed up.  I personally sent screen shots of this and the entire event to try and recoup lost rewards from our great Over Lords. It is still 2 months later and still not resolved yet. I hope I did not anger them looking for an update yesterday.  

During the Sakaar Event, reports came in to the Town Crier that Banner was boosted but when he transformed into Hulk, he was not boosted.  We were told that the Over Lords are aware of this issue and it will be resolved in the future.  While all of the Kingdom of Demi and D3 was away, and just us Beta Teaters still testing away, we had an PVE event (Venom Bomb over Christmas YES!!!!) with Banner as a boosted 5* Essential.  It was asked by a few testers to make sure that Hulk was boosted so while all were away we can still test away.  Beta Tester @ZeroKarma and myself both made pleads, since we were both in Slice 1, that Hulk was not boosted. Still to date the Over Lords have not even recognized that this was an issue.  

Beta Teater @Beta-Ray Bill reported quickly of points not adding up in a new release PVE.  I still don't think the Over Lords have deemed a response for him yet.  

During the outdated practice of Daylight Savings Time, the beta testers warned that the Season was not synced up with the last PVP. What happened it that the Season ended before the last PVP ended which one would seem impossible, but alas it is possible in this realm. 

I hope the our report to the Great Ones will not bring their fury upon us once again with a Boss Rush event to make us the true Beta Testers we are. 
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The use of Town Crier makes this my favorite post ever.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought I was signing up to be a butter taster.

:( 
  • _M4ru_
    _M4ru_ Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    inb4 this thread gets locked by the court jester ;)

• Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh great and mighty over lords of the puzzle quests. I performed a difficult and heroic beta test for Nico Minoru release. Like a race car driver you placed me in the back of everyone only to earn my front line winnings. 

But sadly, the battle was lost.. the missing points were not enough to secure some of your beautiful riches spowed upon me. I had failed the tests of shorted points and could not compete..

I still await your judgement..

daily I check the email in hopes that I hear what knowledge you have, but yet... nothing..

nothing for weeks.. months? Maybe even years?
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I liked win based, don't speak for all beta testers.
    Most Beta Testers pointed out that the DUAL change of wins-based progression AND moving CP (Command points - aka the only commodity that matters late in the game) dramatically skewed both of the previous Alpha Tests.

Coupled with the first Alpha test being run off season (when the majority of the competitive players take a break) only served to increase the skewing of the first-run results.

Had the great and glorious masters LISTENED to the feedback and implemented ONE of the two drastic changes, I don't think there would have been nearly as much negative feedback from the Beta Testers.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is January 4 too early to nominate post of the year?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    There is a current job listing on Demiurge’s website for a QA Tester. It’s a contractor position. I’m not sure if it requires being in Cambridge MA.
    Interesting. I hope this isn't a joke because I'm going to look into it. And before you Forumites start razzing me, yes I am likely qualified to fill this role.

As long as I don't have to move. Then no.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Interesting. I hope this isn't a joke because I'm going to look into it. And before you Forumites start razzing me, yes I am likely qualified to fill this role.

As long as I don't have to move. Then no.
    help us obi wan, youre our only hope
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    While I actually agree with everything Colog is saying here, I can’t  help but think of the sad cat diary video as I read these posts...the new and improved forum won’t  let me post a link, but google it, it’s rather amusing