MPQ 143!!! Update on IOS. Please check forums for details

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
um.....guess what.  There are no details on the forums.  

Comments

• The rockett
    Should we go to Discord? 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oooh, mystery update! Call Scooby and the Gang in the Mystery Machine! 

Say, where's that poll on whether or not we feel informed about MPQ?

I kid, I kid... kind of. 
  • The rockett
    edited January 2018
    DarthDeVo said:
    Oooh, mystery update! Call Scooby and the Gang in the Mystery Machine! 

Say, where's that poll on whether or not we feel informed about MPQ?

I kid, I kid... kind of. 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69797/do-you-feel-informed-on-the-state-of-mpq#latest

Dont worry.   I got you @DarthDeVo. LOL
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Supposedly it contains some amazing UI change. I am not updating until I finish my seeds in LR at the soonest.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello, I'm visiting here to read the full update notes on d3go.com as stated in the update. Can someone link me to them?
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Should we go to Discord? 
    Nothing there either as of this post. 
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor

I'm most interested in the character balance changes, which are normally accompanied by an event AND normally don't happen until season end IIRC.

Thankfully, we can check here and find out the details.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma said:

I'm most interested in the character balance changes, which are normally accompanied by an event AND normally don't happen until season end IIRC.

Thankfully, we can check here and find out the details.

It turns out that the balance changes text is boiler plate, and always there, even if no changes occur.  I recall a recent season end with no rebalance, but notes were there.  We will find out details next week.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor

Strike and attack tile calculations now.

• The rockett
    I wish I could post a picture here. You can now click on the strike tiles and see how much damage.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    That change is awesome. More of that please.

You actually get a little flyout box that tallies up all the novelty tile totals for both teams no matter what gem you click on. If it's a countdown the power description appears above the totals.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    That change is awesome. More of that please.

You actually get a little flyout box that tallies up all the novelty tile totals for both teams no matter what gem you click on. If it's a countdown the power description appears above the totals.
     Well, color me impressed. With all the UI changes they've made recently, that was about the last major upgrade we've been asking for, wasn't it? 
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Ability to turn off "story" dialog please.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great way to start the new year.
    Improved communication doesn't seem to have been a resolution.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish I could post a picture here. You can now click on the strike tiles and see how much damage.  

I'm guessing there was no way before to see what a strike tile or attack tile did?
    Cos on Steam you can hover your mouse over to see that tile's individual damage.

I was hoping they'd added a bar somewhere to show your accumulated attack/strike/protect tile amounts
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm guessing there was no way before to see what a strike tile or attack tile did?
    Cos on Steam you can hover your mouse over to see that tile's individual damage.

I was hoping they'd added a bar somewhere to show your accumulated attack/strike/protect tile amounts
    You get a box that totals up all special tiles by type for both teams, you could always see an individual tile's strength when you clicked it.

The only thing missing now would be the ability to click on a particular countdown tile, and see which goon it belongs to. That way if you had like two Kishu, and one of them had a tile about to reach 0, you'd know which one to slay to get it off the board.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget the additional bonus black bars on the side of the screen.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    ZeroKarma said:

Yet they still can't count those extra strike tile % when Punisher is on the team.
    So I'm guessing it won't show Chavez boosted match damage either when she's tanking?
    Isn't it doing that, though?  Grockets strike tiles are 146 at 5 covers w/o another Guardian.  Pun buffs them by 25% when Weapons Expertise is at 5.  That equals 182.5.  So it is accounting for the buff.  Right???

Hmmmm... Wonder if they round up on the damage applied or just on the value displayed?  ;)
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    You just can't make this stuff up!

Demiurge failure again.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    ZeroKarma said:

Yet they still can't count those extra strike tile % when Punisher is on the team.
    So I'm guessing it won't show Chavez boosted match damage either when she's tanking?
    Isn't it doing that, though?  Grockets strike tiles are 146 at 5 covers w/o another Guardian.  Pun buffs them by 25% when Weapons Expertise is at 5.  That equals 182.5.  So it is accounting for the buff.  Right???

Hmmmm... Wonder if they round up on the damage applied or just on the value displayed?  ;)
    I have to check again.

Team 1: Punisher, Grocket, Chavez. Black strike tile: 183.

Team 2: Grocket, Chavez, MEHulk. Black strike tile: 183.

Same same. Are you on iOS maybe?
    Nope, Android. 

Weird.  183 for Team 2 makes no sense.  What was the total?  1281 again?  Maybe it didn't refresh the numbers displayed or something.  I'll have to play around next LR.

On another note, looks like they do round up on the dmg.  182.5 x 7 = 1277.5.  183 x 7 = 1281.  We get a little extra.