New 1/2* characters for new players

Options
2»

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Perhaps they should slowly phase some of them out.  Is there really a need for four Black Widows?  Why not gradually retire the 1* Black Widow in favor of a new 1* Molly?  Four Hawkeyes?  Slowly cut back on the 2* Hawkeyes covers and eventually retire him in favor of 2* Chase.

I dont understand why you would want to remove characters known by most new players that have a basic knowledge of marvel and replace them by more obscure ones, while you seem to focus on new player introduction and quickly getting beloved characters..
    Does it make sense that B-List X-Man Gambit is the best character in the game? No, not really.
    Blasphemy!!! B list? Gambit is too OP, sure, but he is a cult character for sure!!

And farming 2* is fine. Surely no need to phase them out.

And as a collector (even have all 1* rostered), i wouldnt be happy if anyone was removed.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    I dont understand why you would want to remove characters known by most new players that have a basic knowledge of marvel and replace them by more obscure ones, while you seem to focus on new player introduction and quickly getting beloved characters..
    Removing the 1* Black Widow wouldn't remove the character when there are three other versions of her in the game.

If remove/retire is too stark, perhaps they could stay in-game for players who already have them, just retire the covers in favor of covers for new media characters like Molly.  That way, "gotta catch 'em all" players who enjoy 1* Black Widow can keep her, but have a new character to collect.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First of all, as you argued, the other 3 arent all that easy to get rostered perhaps. And im sure most new players rather start out with a very familiar toon, than with a more obscure one.

i agree, some have too many verslons, but most have their own specifics usually, especially BW. Some 2/3* have been really lazy designed though.
    Making certain characters unavailable for new players will surely create jealousy and with that irritation..

And i know it’s just an example, but BW1 is used by many many many players every day in TeamUps.. Its the most used of them all im sure.. So removing her would surely bring the whole community into an uproar... :-)

Having said that, i wouldnt mind new 1/2* releases, as that would take pressure of iso requirements a bit, as long as its not paired with 3/4/5* release... But for that reason, it might just not happen anyway. Iso must remain scarce.. ;-)