January Q&A Question Submission (1/2/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year! It's time to gather questions for the first Q&A session of 2018.

If you have a question you'd like to have Oktagon answer, please feel free to include it down below. Please note that this is NOT a place to start discussion or debate. This is purely a thread to submit questions. If you would like to discuss various topics, then please contribute to an existing thread, or start a new one, if one doesn't already exist.

We will be closing this thread on Tuesday, 1/9, at 6pm PST / 9pm EST / 2am UTC, Wednesday 1/10

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think most questions were answered in last month's Q&A, but here goes.

1.  Any new updates on Ixalan?  Any way you could "leak" a few of the mythics and/or new mechanics early (like they do for paper MTG) to build hype?  We could use some hype now.

2.  What game improvements come after Ixalan?  I don't mean specifics, but what will you be working on once the set is out and the bugs are fixed? 

3.  How goes the progress on fixing the freezes and Something Went Wrong errors? 

4.  Can we get the old loading Mana Wheel back?  I'm sure the code for it is buried in there somewhere (if memory serves it was removed when Kaladesh came out and the game graphics were completely redone).  It should be a fairly simple fix, and I really miss that thing.

All in all, though, keep doing what you're doing! 
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a small question that I'd just like to know the answer to personally, any plans on putting the names of the creators to the starter decks in game? Do you still have the name somewhere so that you can out them in eventually?

I'm err, asking for a friend. :D
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can you tell us what Planeswalkers you have planned for Ixalan and what their colors will be? We all want to talk about the crazy new decks we will be building.

Can you tell us more about the extra story mode content you've crafted?
  • timthes
    timthes Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Would it be possible to make it so that we could play our game on Ios as well as Android?, with the same account that is, not possible at the moment, in the past there was some talk about fixing that.... 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will there ever be an event with BFZ rares as prizes?

What happened to the weekly single-player PvE event? 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Back in the October q&a you mentioned a few things I'd like to bring up again:

Any new details on story mode plans?

How about changes and additions to events? I'd personally like more events with supercharged and other interesting twists, though probably as individual rather than coalition.

Also, Ixalan and deck slots are things I agree with previous commenters about, I'd like to know your plans.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1. Would you consider allowing storymode to be played off line? (i miss the game when in a plane)

2 any plans to make mana jewels interesting again? (non dupe draws or masterpiece only) 

3 any plans for coalition legacy events? 
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just one question. While I am thrilled with and really appreciate these monthly Q&A threads, I would like to see members of the dev team make an occasional visit to the forums to discuss the game, their plans for future content, what funny thing their dog did, etc., with the community. 
    Would that be something Oktagon would be open to or willing to do at some point in the future?
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What are your thoughts on different ranking systems?  Perhaps more like chess ranking than checking off ribbon goals?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    timthes said:
    Would it be possible to make it so that we could play our game on Ios as well as Android?, with the same account that is, not possible at the moment, in the past there was some talk about fixing that.... 

While this would be good there are _currently_ people with 2 separate accounts linked to the same FB account and using both.

So this would need to be _very_ carefully implemented. 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd like to second the request for a low effects mode, both for battery saving and speeding up games.

Also, any indications how long we'll have all the Planeswalkers in the vault?
  • Feiticiera
    Feiticiera Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any possibility of incorporating a rotation on weekly events?  It's been a breath of fresh air having RotGP on rotation with AM - I would sure appreciate seeing some more of the previous legacy events work their way back into rotation along with new events when time is available to develop them.
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1) Will we be seeing new type of content? New modes, events that differ from the basic system already implemented?

2) As of now, i noticed that players were satisfied with the holiday rewards. Any chance you could increase rewards not like holidays, but a little tweak so to get players to play more?

3) Ive been asking this a lot in the past: any chance to get a tweak at TG? Even how it was during holidays was good enough for me. Now its just sad and players want to do it even less then before you tweaked it for holidays.

4) Would it be possible to implement a system, that for example, after buying 10(?) 300 crystal boosters, we get 1 booster with only non dupes in it? (can have same drop rates, but at least non dupes)

Thank you!
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there any chance of changing the free card every 2 hours back to 3 cards to help with orb creation? 
  • Ejmoose
    Ejmoose Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    One thing that many people loved about playing this game was Quick Battle. It was a huge part of the game that training grounds hasn’t quite filled up. Most of us don’t play past the 4 matches to get our crystals. What can be added in to replace this gap we are still missing? 

One idea I thought of is fast moving event with full nodes available right from event start, no refreshes. Either 6 hr or 12 hr format would allow most players to be able to put in all their attempts on each node before event end, also giving people more reason to log in daily. I know this is some what akin to TotP, but sometimes I can finish TotP in an hour and I know would do another type of that event, multiple times a day.  
This discussion has been closed.