Interest slowly waning

2»

Comments

• Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I think all in all id just like a different path. Half my issue is that I don't want to stop playing totally and stop a 4 year investment and partial enjoyment the other half is the one that says. Just give it up man. It wasn't a whine although it may of come across as one. More of a wish / help list. Its interesting how many others who are long term and not so long term are feeling similar
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I really felt a burning need to grind on everything until i was able to roster all the 4*s recently. Now I've settled into a more comfortable pve to progression in CL7, pvp to 575 routine that's more livable. I still enjoy the game, but I get less excited to pull tokens now that the only 2 5*s I'm missing are Goblin and Iron Man and the bulk of the new slots I get are going to the 3*s I dumped awhile ago to make room for all the 4-5*s. It's a shame that I have such a big roster, and the only characters I ever really need to play from it who aren't featured are 4ocket, 5* Lord, and Medusa for the most part.

The answer for me wouldn't be a character release schedule I couldn't keep up with either; I'd much prefer some more intricate play game modes where I was incentivized to really learn the characters and strategize more, rather than the "do it as fast as possible on this schedule we give you" game loop we have now.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    I understand where you're coming from.  My problem is with PVE:  

To be a top player, you have to play anywhere from (approx) 25mins  to 2hrs (assuming no tapping)  just before and just after the event ends and starts.  That's a lot of time to dedicate to anything - especially if you're an adult with any kind of obligations or responsibilities.  Not just that, but I don't like being made to play a game at a certain time if I want to do well.  I want to play it on my own time. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand where you're coming from.  My problem is with PVE:  

To be a top player, you have to play anywhere from (approx) 25mins  to 2hrs (assuming no tapping)  just before and just after the event ends and starts.  That's a lot of time to dedicate to anything - especially if you're an adult with any kind of obligations or responsibilities.  Not just that, but I don't like being made to play a game at a certain time if I want to do well.  I want to play it on my own time. 
    This is all well known though, its part of the game, and something that will never change. They are never going to make it less time consuming because thats less time on the game and thats bad to them. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I'm not really asking for it to be less time consuming per se, I'd be interested in spending time in the game if it were engaging to do so, not merely obligatory. Which is why I suggested longer, more rewarding to play single matches as we see in boss fights or 1 on 1 DDQ crashes where it isn't about just racing to a nuke and being out. I don't play for placement hardly at all, unless I determine that I'm somehow in a super lazy bracket, which removes the burden of clock-watching to a degree, but it doesn't lift the monotony of grinding the same nodes over and over with the same team using the same strategy.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interest ebbs and flows for me, however Gambit is trying to kill it (at least kill the interest in pvp).