New to 5* land

2»

Comments

• elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Good job on hitting 1200 playing solo! However, as I understand from experts in this forum that's supposed to be impossible.
    I have four 5* championes: Gambit, Thor, 5pidey and DD i climb to about 1000points and from there two shield hops, it has worked for the past 6 events 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    elko90 said:
    Good job on hitting 1200 playing solo! However, as I understand from experts in this forum that's supposed to be impossible.
    I have four 5* championes: Gambit, Thor, 5pidey and DD i climb to about 1000points and from there two shield hops, it has worked for the past 6 events 

Really, all you need is Gambit. More fivestar champions certainly help though.
  • elko90
    Quebbster said:
    elko90 said:

Really, all you need is Gambit. More fivestar champions certainly help though.
    Yeah, usually I use Thor with him and matches end really fast because below 50% thor and Gambit is just battery crazy :) 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if this is irony, but I am going to assume it is not :P

It can be done 'easily' IF you have the big guns. I used to get to 1200 for a long time, I think I started getting to 1300 (by then it was 1300 if I remember correctly) with xforce and thor era and I continued until the beginning of the Thanos-BP era. Always playing on my own, most of the time on sub4, but sometimes also in 1 and 3. 1 and 3 were a bit more, lets call it 'belligerent' to people hitting them while doing their coordinated staff (that I was obviously unaware as I was not using battlechat), but in general I didn't have too many problems. The key was that I always had the meta team. I went casual a bit more than 6 months ago so If I wanted to do it right now I would probably struggle a lot more, as I don't have the big guns anymore (I don't have Gambit basically).

I also tried to not hit anybody more than twice, respect baking, etc. but you are never sure you are not messing with someone else's plans if you don't have battlechat so the big guns was the thing basically.

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try to hit each person just once. If you hit someone multiple times, try to wait at least 10-20 minutes or more.

If you see a grille, wait at least 10 minutes to hit it.

If you are doing a hop with numerous battles, do your best to not double-tap.

If you're coming out of a shield and only doing at most 3 battles, then queue each up and wait at least 10-20 minutes if possible, so that those three targets have hopefully shielded by the time you fight them.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Here's what you do:

Climb til you run out of packs, then float.  Make sure to only hit 75 point targets so they won't retaliate.  Once packs regen, make your push as fast as you can.  If you get to 1000 points, don't shield.  Just keep hitting as many 75 point queues as fast as possible if you can find them.  If there's 3 you can find, save 2 of them and just keep hitting the third guy over and over and over again.  That way if he shields up, you've still got the other 2 targets to hit.  If you are quick enough you can hit 1.2k without shields.  Good luck!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tell you what, whoever said not to champ a 5* unless it's Gambit was absolutely spot on.

I now have a champed 452 Thanos and a 450 Daredevil (need that 20k) and I reached 560 points in IM40'sPvP and it's Gambit + Blackbolt, Gambit + Thanos, Gambit + Spiderman and literally nothing else.

I can't beat any of that. I have two 5* champs and Gambit's auto AP generation just ruins me regardless. I skipped just so many people and none of them had a 4* that I could attempt to beat. PvP for me now is completely dead. I can't even hit the 575 CP reward now, never mind try for the 3* cover at 800 like I used to, or maybe be licky enough to get to 900.

So....yay! PvP is now completely dead. I'm going to trundle to a stop this season, try to get what I can and then maybe skip next season completely. I now no longer can hit the full progression for a season because I champed two 5* characters.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Tell you what, whoever said not to champ a 5* unless it's Gambit was absolutely spot on.

I now have a champed 452 Thanos and a 450 Daredevil (need that 20k) and I reached 560 points in IM40'sPvP and it's Gambit + Blackbolt, Gambit + Thanos, Gambit + Spiderman and literally nothing else.

I can't beat any of that. I have two 5* champs and Gambit's auto AP generation just ruins me regardless. I skipped just so many people and none of them had a 4* that I could attempt to beat. PvP for me now is completely dead. I can't even hit the 575 CP reward now, never mind try for the 3* cover at 800 like I used to, or maybe be licky enough to get to 900.

So....yay! PvP is now completely dead. I'm going to trundle to a stop this season, try to get what I can and then maybe skip next season completely. I now no longer can hit the full progression for a season because I champed two 5* characters.

Im in the same boat. Champed thanos and spidey. Only reason I got 575 was hitting a gambolt team. I boosted all colours and yellow so I could get im40 going quickly. Got lucky with a cascade so had enough to take them out quickly. Still needed 2 healthpacks. 

Now I skip endlessly looking at champed gambits and bolts. All fun that was left with 5* mmr is gone if you don't have gambit.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cartz said:

Im in the same boat. Champed thanos and spidey. Only reason I got 575 was hitting a gambolt team. I boosted all colours and yellow so I could get im40 going quickly. Got lucky with a cascade so had enough to take them out quickly. Still needed 2 healthpacks. 

Now I skip endlessly looking at champed gambits and bolts. All fun that was left with 5* mmr is gone if you don't have gambit.
    I think it's more if you champ more than one 5*. I champed Daredevil a little over a month ago, and I've still been hitting 900. In fact, I just hit 1200 for the first time in the IM40 event. 
  • Cartz
    DarthDeVo said:
    Cartz said:

I think it's more if you champ more than one 5*. I champed Daredevil a little over a month ago, and I've still been hitting 900. In fact, I just hit 1200 for the first time in the IM40 event. 
    You are right. 2 champed fives and it's no fun. Well it was until gambit showed up. No point Champing any 5* unless you have gambit.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cartz said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Cartz said:

You are right. 2 champed fives and it's no fun. Well it was until gambit showed up. No point Champing any 5* unless you have gambit.
    I do see him, but I'm able to skip and find enough fights that don't feature him that the process isn't nearly as miserable as it sounds like for people with more than one champ 5*. I usually don't even have to skip that much. 
  • Cartz
    DarthDeVo said:
    Cartz said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Cartz said:

I do see him, but I'm able to skip and find enough fights that don't feature him that the process isn't nearly as miserable as it sounds like for people with more than one champ 5*. I usually don't even have to skip that much. 
    It seems to have gotten worse. Usually I would skip around him but especially this event he seems to be everywhere. More so than usual. I'm guessing recent sales may have had something to do with that as more people got him covered.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    The post digital day landscape has made it even worse.  It’s a gambit world now.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    DarthDeVo said:
    Cartz said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Cartz said:

I agree with Darth, it isn't as bad as this forum makes it sound.
    I recently champed Hawkeye, Thanos and Strange and while i certainly see a lot of Gambit teams, its pretty easy to find targets without him. Its easier than finding a target that isn't Rocket and Gamora at the 4* level in my opinion. Pick your poison I guess.

I found it easier than ever to hit 900 in the im40 PvP, but probably because Coulson was boosted. 5eye/Coulson/im40 kinda reck shop
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    IM40 is also one of the easier pvp without a massive roster since he’s such an excellent bettery.  Can’t use it as the best litmus test for what 5* land is like.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018

Really?  I have a 451 Thanos and 453 Daredevil and I got my first T10 and second 1200 of any PvP in SCL9.  Thanos + IM40 + Gamora is a dream team.  Just tap skip around the minefield of Gambit and Bolts and the rest is cake.
  • elko90

There is still a lot of panthos teams out there 70% of the time I dont play against Gambit let alone Gambit and Bolt. Perhaps try a different slice 
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cartz said:

That's not what I'm seeing at all.  Against my own professed desire not to, I champed my second 5* (Spidey) over the holidays.  My other one is OML.  Most of my queue is one champ 5* and an underleveled 5 or high champ 4.  Double champ 5's are rare until I'm up around 7-800.  I get hit by plenty of them, but they don't populate my queue that early.

Probably is a slice difference.  I think I was in S4 for the previous, S2 for IM40.
  • Cartz
    Calnexin said:
    Cartz said:

That's not what I'm seeing at all.  Against my own professed desire not to, I champed my second 5* (Spidey) over the holidays.  My other one is OML.  Most of my queue is one champ 5* and an underleveled 5 or high champ 4.  Double champ 5's are rare until I'm up around 7-800.  I get hit by plenty of them, but they don't populate my queue that early.

Probably is a slice difference.  I think I was in S4 for the previous, S2 for IM40.
    Lucky you. Dual Champed 5's right after seeds. Sometimes see champ 5 with underleveled 5 or high level 4. Which immediately get hit but it's overwhelmingly dual champed 5's with mostly one being gambit. 

I alternate between slice 1 and 3 and it's the same for me in both.