New to 5* land

elko90
elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
Hello all, I tried writting to the alliance thread but got no response so I am making this thread just as advice because recently I entered 5* land and I am managing 1200 points in pvp, as I am doing so my worry is that I dont want to upset any questers or alliances and what is the way to go now. I am not on line or any kind of coordination just playing on my own. 

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    If you’re not utilizing any outside communication, just do your thing.  You’re making 1200 without any of the ancillary stuff.  Good on you, keep hitting prog and enjoy the game.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, without battlechats there's really no way to know if you are stepping on any toes. You can try to avoid it by waiting a little while before hitting the high point teams you find (thus giving the other guy a fair chance to shield) and by not hitting someone repeatedly - repeated hits on an unshielded front runner is probably the best way to end up on a sniper list.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only caveat is pay attention to who you hit in your climb. Are you tripling, or more repeatedly on the same player?  If so you might be targeted.  Otherwise don’t worry about it.

5* players know that the pool is small and probably expect some doubling anyway.
  • elko90
    Thanks, usually I try and skip and always queue targets but the worry is that I almost always see the same people so I try and wait before climbing myself. I play slice 1 or 2 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't worry if you're playing 2.

Give some time to high point queues in 1.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Don't worry about others, just have fun the way you want to play. 
  • Quebbster
    Some people think it's nice to at least try to play nice though. Personally, I try to avoid treating others in a manner I would not like to be treated myself - hence avoiding repeat hits and giving s breather so they have a chance to shield.
  • LifeofAgony
    Quebbster said:
    Some people think it's nice to at least try to play nice though. Personally, I try to avoid treating others in a manner I would not like to be treated myself - hence avoiding repeat hits and giving s breather so they have a chance to shield.
    These are just unwritten rules of etiquette.  Play however you choose,  Whatever you’re doing to make 1200 is working.  Why change?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    These are just unwritten rules of etiquette.  Play however you choose,  Whatever you’re doing to make 1200 is working.  Why change?
    Because pissing off people with more robust rosters isn't a good thing.

Yes; you should play however you want, but don't get surprised when you start getting hit hard by people you can' retaliate against.
  • LifeofAgony
    Or, you can just continue doing what’s clearly already working, and don’t worry about “pissing off” someone in a virtual game.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    If you see me then make sure you don't attack. Otherwise I will send Gambit to get you.  ;)
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I only recently joined a battle chat, but my personal rules before were:
    1. Don't pick fights I knew I couldn't win.
    2. If a queue is worth a lot of points, try to check leaderboards to guess if they're shielded before hitting. (@xyz points now and still there 15 minutes later, probably shielded)
    3. If it's an obviously easy team put out to let people get points, queue it and hit it later when you think they've had a chance to shield. They're being nice, it's only fair to be nice back.
    4. If it's very early in an event, be a little more reckless. If it's late in the event, be a little more cautious.

Generally, if you follow Wheaton's Law, you should get along ok a lot of places. 
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    If you’re consistently hitting 1200 and that all you want, do whatever you like. If you want alliance rewards, you may want to reach out to top 50 pvp hybrid teams. 
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    I'm all for multi tapping, especially when you have 3-4 of the same players every skip and get to hit all of them repeatedly. They're free to hit back, of course. More than welcomed.

Everyone should play how they want.

• elko90
    NMANOZ said:
    If you see me then make sure you don't attack. Otherwise I will send Gambit to get you.  ;)
    I have a Gambit of my own ;)
  • elko90
    Or, you can just continue doing what’s clearly already working, and don’t worry about “pissing off” someone in a virtual game.
    It is not about pissing somebody, its more because I know the agony of trying to reach 900 points and getting constantly hit and I dont want to do that to someone else.. my way is working yes but at the same time I dont want someone to experience what i experienced before 
  • LifeofAgony
    Short of joining line and getting into all the extra, there’s no reliable way to.  Those who aren’t in those rooms all get the same treatment.  Just play your game, anyone with tender feelings will get over it.
  • Quebbster
    elko90 said:
    It is not about pissing somebody, its more because I know the agony of trying to reach 900 points and getting constantly hit and I dont want to do that to someone else.. my way is working yes but at the same time I dont want someone to experience what i experienced before 

Wise Words. Really though, anyone who is Worth a significant amount of Points should know the risks of staying unshielded too long, so as long as you give them a grace period to shield up you should be good.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good job on hitting 1200 playing solo! However, as I understand from experts in this forum that's supposed to be impossible.
  • Quebbster
    Good job on hitting 1200 playing solo! However, as I understand from experts in this forum that's supposed to be impossible.

Far from it. I have been doing it for a long time when I was playing solo. Having access to a battle chat just means it is a lot easier, you can go higher, and you can make sure you aren't stepping on any toes on the way. All you really need is a strong roster and the right slice to play in though.