Unannounced HP Sale

2»

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    The bigger concern i believe the OP is inferring is there was again no warning this was coming which would allow people to plan.  And it’s not like the dev team didn’t know this was coming. They just, once again, couldn’t be bothered to communicate the information. 
    IIRC, they rarely give prior notice of a sale. I just hit 460 days yesterday, and I think I’ve only seen 2-3 sales announced in advance. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I’m not saying it’s never happened;  just saying I don’t understand why this time it wasn’t.  This wasn’t a big secret as it was going around the other communication platforms a week ago.  People came here and asked.  The devs knew were planning the sale.  And while maybe it would’ve curtailed spending for a few days, it likely would have increased spending if some people would have had the opportunity to plan for it.

As it was, being that the other platforms had caught onto this, the spending slowed anyway.  There were few if any buyclubs going the 3-5 days leading to the sale.  

It’s just another odd decision to add the ever growing list.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey just so you know, this is the last day of the HP sale.