Unannounced HP Sale

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
Well, it seems they will be doing an HP sale after all.  Didn't see that communication.  Oh well, at least there was a pop up. 

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alot of times we never even got pop up notification.  so there's that...
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Now to take ultimate advantage and combine it with Digital Day deals on Amazon! Best bang for your buck :)
  • The rockett
    mexus said:
    I tried making a thread about it but I can't since I'm jailed for posting a meme.
    Lol.  Well, at least I was here to help you. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    mexus said:
    I tried making a thread about it but I can't since I'm jailed for posting a meme.
    If in doubt, always a stick to cat memes.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Tried to buy a Logan’s, “unable to complete purchase” message. Womp womp. Anyone else get that?
  • Pico
    Pico Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Does any get this offer also?  124,99$ for 26k hp
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    HP sale with nothing to spend it on, A+ marketing.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    but if they did we would have tons of "what a money grab" "pay to win " posts
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Now to take ultimate advantage and combine it with Digital Day deals on Amazon! Best bang for your buck :)
    So, can I take advantage of the Amazon sale on my iPhone, or do I have to go through the Apple app store? (Sorry for the ignorant question; I'm old lol) If I can, could you perhaps please tell me how? Thanks!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 said:
    smkspy said:
    That's because the goal on the forums is to complain, not to have reasonable and measured responses to things.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    It’s not unreasonable to wonder why the steam sale was posted and that they released 10+ days of previews and didn’t make any mention of this sale before it went live.

It comes back to the same fundamental that most people want from this form - communication.  We have a community manager that was either unaware there was a sale coming, or failed to update the masses.  

Both of those are bad looks, and with a 15 second post, would have eliminated any of the negative responses.

The line community caught wind of this and there were multiple posts asking about it, so why there was no confirmation or communication is ponderous.

• The rockett
    It’s not unreasonable to wonder why the steam sale was posted and that they released 10+ days of previews and didn’t make any mention of this sale before it went live.

It comes back to the same fundamental that most people want from this form - communication.  We have a community manager that was either unaware there was a sale coming, or failed to update the masses.  

Both of those are bad looks, and with a 15 second post, would have eliminated any of the negative responses.

The line community caught wind of this and there were multiple posts asking about it, so why there was no confirmation or communication is ponderous.

I think this is the one thing we all ask for. Commutation with correct information and responding to ongoing issues with a resolution (see Banner boosted but not Hulk). While it is great for the in game pop ups, here on the official forums would be great.   
  • smkspy
    Wonko33 said:
    smkspy said: up
    Don't remember too many people complaining about the sale during the apoc event. You know, vaults worth buying out.

But hey, we should be grateful to yada yada yada 
  • Pico
    Pico Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    mexus said:
    Pico said:
    Does any get this offer also?  124,99$ for 26k hp
    Yep. Amazon Appstore? When I run the game from Google Play Store the starks are cheaper.
    So the only offer from Amazon with this price 124,99$ will be on digital day  ? Regardless this price?!  I know that with the app from play store is normally cheaper but no benefits on digital day.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    Wonko33 said:
    Don't remember too many people complaining about the sale during the apoc event. You know, vaults worth buying out.

If I recall, the sale preceded the Apocalypse event.  They tend to run sales independently of things like Anniversary vaults.  The sale this time will actually overlap with the America and Friends vault; whether that’s worth buying is up to the players.
  • TarjanVK
    TarjanVK Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    I think the timing is actually better than last year on the HP sale, at least.  Last year, IIRC they had the sale the week before Christmas (Dec 21st was it?).  This made it somewhat inconvenient for those who celebrate as the opportunity came when people were still in the midst of buying presents or hadn't yet received presents of gift cards, etc., that they would have likely used on the sale had it been running at this time last year.
    smkspy said:

The America and Friends vault is coming up (and had been announced in the preview for her) so there's that.  Not quite instant gratification from day 1 of the sale, but it's on its way.
  • smkspy
    edited December 2017
    bluewolf said:
    smkspy said:
    Wonko33 said:

If I recall, the sale preceded the Apocalypse event.  They tend to run sales independently of things like Anniversary vaults.  The sale this time will actually overlap with the America and Friends vault; whether that’s worth buying is up to the players.
    Yeah, they did, but we also knew we were going to get a Gambit vault and an anniversary vault. 

So this time a HP sale (directly after Christmas so we with only a lousy regular 4 release vault to potentially use it on. Wonder who this is suppose to cater :::roleseyes::: 

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    bluewolf said:
    smkspy said:
    Wonko33 said:

Yeah, they did, but we also knew we were going to get a Gambit vault and an anniversary vault. 

So this time a HP sale (directly after Christmas so we with only a lousy regular 4 release vault to potentially use it on. Wonder who this is suppose to cater :::roleseyes::: 

I mean, you’re right that the store offerings are not that exciting. I figure they want people to use their gift cards on Hero Points vs a movie, music, another game, etc.

Something interesting to consider:  the reward structure is largely based on getting a lot of unexciting stuff so you feel better when you pull a 4* from a Heroic, 5*, etc.  So they offered an iso sale that was much derided, followed by the HP sale that many players were looking for.  Did they hope the players would buy more then?  Trying to make the HP sale feel more exciting?  Just trying different sales? 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I don’t think having something to spend it on is the issue - you can buy at the discount rate and save for something cool (hp doesn’t expire ‘member).  

The bigger concern i believe the OP is inferring is there was again no warning this was coming which would allow people to plan.  And it’s not like the dev team didn’t know this was coming. They just, once again, couldn’t be bothered to communicate the information. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Announcing sales in advance is a bad business move.  People stop spending until the sale.  No matter how much people complain about the lack of notice, it won’t change.