Gone for Holidays and New Year (12/22/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that we will be out of office for the holidays, starting 12/23/17 to 1/2/18.

As always, I'll try to stop by the forums every now and then to make sure everything is alright, and to answer any messages.

Hope everyone has a happy holidays and a great new year!

Cheers,
Brigby

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for all your hard work Brigby.

Enjoy the break and have a happy holiday!
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    How does this affect cover swaps?  That’s 11 full days out of office and with a backlog I can see potential of covers expiring before they get attended to.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I plan to be out of office for that exact same period of time, I can only wish you happy holidays and enjoy your time off! I know I intend to!
  • LifeofAgony
    edited December 2017
    If I was a Christmas celebrating person, sure, But I appreciate you assuming everyone in here is a US based Christian with a family to celebrate with.

Some people don’t observe this holiday or have a family to speak of.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope you have a great hoilday break Brigby and get a chance to relax with friends and family. My job runs on the same schedule, so the fun begins in a little over an hour, wheee!
  • zaku
    zaku Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    If I was a Christmas celebrating person, sure, But I appreciate you assuming everyone in here is a US based Christian with a family to celebrate with.

Some people don’t observe this holiday or have a family to speak of.
    *Insert chiding remark about the username that only serves to further escalate the discussion and turn this thread  into extra insult removing work for ducky*
  • LifeofAgony
    edited December 2017
    Not sure what about my original question was unreasonable or needed any negative comment.  Just asking a question I’d like an answer to.

mexus said:
    Question @Brigby
    If we manage to pull a few Daredevil 5* covers while he's in the tokens will we still be able to request swaps from CS even if they return to office / can handle the ticket after he's left the Latest batch by then?
    And seems I’m not the only one.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Question @Brigby
    If we manage to pull a few Daredevil 5* covers while he's in the tokens will we still be able to request swaps from CS even if they return to office / can handle the ticket after he's left the Latest batch by then?
    The fair thing to do would be to see if the request was submitted when Daredevil was in the Latest token pool. If it was, it gets processed.
    That said, I obviously have no mandate to speak on behalf of Customer Service.
  • LifeofAgony
    .nexus said:

I'm thinking as long as we put the support tickets in before he leaves Latest we should be... Fine? Or not.
    I would think so too, but I prefer to get confirmation.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    CS usually is in the office even when the rest of the D3/Demiurge staff is not.
    I've even received emails on Sundays.

So I'm assuming business as usual on cover swaps.

Official confirmation can't hurt, though.
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I submitted a cover swap ticket earlier today and got the response

"Due to the Holiday season, response times may take longer than our normal 24 - 72 business hours standard, so that members of the team can enjoy time with family. We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this. Customer service is open Mon-Fri from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM PT, and Sat-Sun from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM PT. These services will be closed during major holidays and events."

I'm assuming they'll be back at breaking our hearts by Tuesday

• Daredevil217
    @Brigby

Can I ask before you head out, how long we will be offered the increased sell back rates/tokens for 5* Gambit?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Just a minor update:

Brigby actually went home sick yesterday so it's not clear how quickly he will be able to respond to some of the requests in this thread. I will try to answer some concerns but please keep in mind that this is not "official" information so do with it what you will.

From what I understand, customer support will still be available during the winter holiday break with the possible exceptions of the 25th and 1st. I also checked my email account because I had requested Thanos cover swaps last year at this time and can confirm that CS was able to help me during the break. So it should be business as usual, to borrow @Bowgentle's phrasing.

But if you do intend to pull for DD, I recommend you do it sooner rather than later as it's not certain that CS will provide a swap once he exits Latest, even if you do pull him from a Latest token at the last minute.

@Daredevil217: I looked up the information provided in the Soul Gem Season Updated thread but unfortunately there is no information regarding how long the sell back will last. I would assume 2 weeks, so the 28th, but that is simply a blind guess. If anyone has more information regarding the Gambit sell back please do share.

Also have a happy holidays for those that celebrate and to those that don't, may your pulls be filled with the characters you want! Best wishes everyone! 
  • Daredevil217
    Thanks Fight,

I looked in that thread and in the in-game news as well.  Didn’t want to bother him with questions without doing my own research first. 
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    So...Archangel not joining the latest group for a bit longer then?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Oh...and Happy Holidays :smile:
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    So...Archangel not joining the latest group for a bit longer then?
    Archangel should drop in in 1/2 under the normal schedule. It might push to 1/3.  Unfortunately, they don’t usually give firm dates for the Latest token changes.

Edit:  it is 2 weeks from 5* store close to the Latest update for a 5* entering tokens. The stores normally close at midnight EST on the Monday after launch.  Then the data push happens two weeks later on Tuesday around midday.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm.. that means no announcements then. So looks like no special holdiay events between Christmas and New Year and likely no HP sale either.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm somewhat surprised that the devs are off over Christmas. I presumed, by the weakness of the Christmas rewards and the moving of a new release to ensure it interferes with our Christmas celebrations, that Christmas was something not celebrated in the D3 offices. 

Oh well, enjoy your time off then.