New Survey

2»

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suggested doing something, anything, with the prologue. Let us go through it again with scaling opponent's and appropriate rewards, or make it a sandbox with no rewards, or completely remove the tab once you have gathered all the rewards.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    NotBAMF said:
    I put that I “prefer” Wins based, but I left some lengthy responses about how neither system is ideal and they need some kind of compromise such as either running both simultaneously with player choice or using a gross/net points system so you can’t lose points towards progression, but still have to play competently for placement. 

I also noted that PVE is too tedious these days and they need to either reduce the number of nodes or the number of clears. And I voiced displeasure at the ability to tap to the top placements. 

So you told them you hate both PVP and PVE? Seems like an odd game to play then.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Qubort said:
    NotBAMF said:
    I put that I “prefer” Wins based, but I left some lengthy responses about how neither system is ideal and they need some kind of compromise such as either running both simultaneously with player choice or using a gross/net points system so you can’t lose points towards progression, but still have to play competently for placement. 

I also noted that PVE is too tedious these days and they need to either reduce the number of nodes or the number of clears. And I voiced displeasure at the ability to tap to the top placements. 

So you told them you hate both PVP and PVE? Seems like an odd game to play then.

I'm really tired of the game as it is currently constituted. The reasons I'm still playing it right now are twofold:

1) I'm less than two weeks away from my 1 year anniversary, so... a whole week of nice rewards is something to look forward to.

2) I'm in a spot of the game where I have been champing my 4*'s with great frequency, and that has been fun and rewarding. But that is going to end soon--I think I only have two or three more on the immediate horizon.

That said, I was really enjoying the game a lot for a while. And RIGHT WHEN PVE started getting annoying to me, the Wins-Based season happened, and it gave me hope that PVP might become more enjoyable, and I could switch my playstyle from PVE-heavy to PVP-heavy. Obviously the reversion of PVP back to Points-Based has spoiled that enthusiasm a great deal, but I figured I'd ride out a few seasons while I'm in my 4* champing spree to see if they institute some other system that improves PVP. If not, when I hit the end of the tunnel on my run, I might bail on the game. But we'll see.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Qubort said:
    NotBAMF said:

I think that's a little harsh.  I totally get what he's saying because I feel similar.  I love the 3 match mechanic.  I love the pick your team of 3 vs another team of 3.  I love that it's Marvel licenced.  I like the animations and battle feeling.  But I loath the way they choose to give out rewards and factor in the competition/scoring aspect of it.  That that we don't like those aspects but like everything else about the game but not that aspect isn't that odd.  Unless you want to point to another Marvel licenced 3 match game with cool character moves but better scoring/competition design, I'd probably switch if you could produce such a game.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I really liked the new survey. I answered my usual 0 as a recommendation. I told them to lower their prices and just stopped there because I didn't want to take more time than that.

Then I got an additional question if I wanted to further participate in the survey. I have never seen that before so I answered a few more questions, and since it seemed like a bonus, I answered them very much in depth and gave an honest critique. 

Anyone else get that extended survey this time?
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I think everyone was given the option to answer the additional questions.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    Anyone else get that extended survey this time?
    Yes, I'm assuming that was an option for everyone.  They don't want people to not fill a survey at all because it's too long, but want to offer more options for those willing to take the time.  It's a smart idea.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    My "one thing I could change" request was to lower the cost of champing at least the 4*s. I think I've seen it posted in various threads on these forums that they revised the cost of champing 2*s and 3*s downward at some point, and this move is long overdue for the 4* tier. 

It's my understanding that when 4*s were first introduced they were considered very rare. I've seen the release dates thread, and months went by in between this first several 4* characters. 

Now it's the largest tier in the game, almost bigger than the 3* and 5* tier combined, which will happen if they continue with the current release schedule. Yet, in terms of ISO-per-character requirements, it's also the most expensive tier. 

It costs roughly 75K (including champ fee) to champ a 2*. For a 3* it's about 127K, about a 70 percent increase over the cost of a 2*. Using the same numbers, we should expect a 4* to cost 216K, yet they cost about 161K more than that (roughly 377K).

I've got about a dozen 4*s either fully covered or soon-to-be fully covered that are just sitting in my roster at various levels because I don't have enough ISO to champ them. I'm doing them one at a time, slowly but surely, as I earn the ISO, but each time I champ one and fall back below 100K or less, it gets a little more exhausting contemplating rolling the boulder back up the hill again. 

I mean, I have several fully covered 4*s sitting at 209. That's at least 10/13 covers and in terms of levels, 70 percent of the way to 270. Yet it will cost 216K to take them to 270, plus the 12,500 champ fee to finish them. That means to get them from Level 70 to 209, you only spend 39 percent of the total cost to champ them. The last three covers, 61 levels (out of 200), and champ fee account for 61 percent of the cost. That's kind of ridiculous. I think a total cost of 250K-275K would be much more reasonable.