Sold my Gambit3

Options
13»

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Daiches said:
    I sold my 2/2/2 to get the 300 HP required to save my 10th red 4* Blade dying on the vine by taking up the HfH offer, champion him, and then use the latest LT to pick up my first black Vulture which is arguably his best colour and which allowed me to have 3 active powers for him. Overall I think it was a reasonable swap as I figure a champion 4* Blade in the hand is worth more than a half covered Gambit in the bush especially now that he doesn't have the passive black. 
    Only 300 hp? Did you not put ISO in him? Level 90 1/0/5 Gambat gave 625 HP. Level 89 0/0/5 Gambat 500 HP. Consult forums or the community first next time for best sale points. You may have missed out on your dupe selling.
    I'm sure I maxed him out as it was cheap enough to do so at that level. It's not like I was short of ISO. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I think a 2/2/2 3* could only get to lvl 66. That would explain why it was worth 300 HP (or 375HP from last years data https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/52515/3-and-4-buyback-info-for-recently-adjusted-characters ; having said that, the sales price might have been adjusted since then, because a 0/0/3 lvl 63 can be sold for 250 HP at the moment)
    I have put 3* Gambit as my bonus hero to farm some HP while the offer lasts. I think I am close to five in one color which is when it makes sense to harvest the HP crop. When I do, I can double check that the list is accurate.
    It's very interesting that adding a sixth cover means you get another 100 HP, but the best bang for your buck may be if you can hit level 64 and get 375 HP... Not sure how many covers that would be. Three of a kind?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Quebbster said:
    It's very interesting that adding a sixth cover means you get another 100 HP, but the best bang for your buck may be if you can hit level 64 and get 375 HP... Not sure how many covers that would be. Three of a kind?
    Lvl 64 can be achieved from a 3/1/0 distribution.
    OK, not quite as cost efficient as I hoped then. Thanks.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OJSP said:
    I think a 2/2/2 3* could only get to lvl 66. That would explain why it was worth 300 HP (or 375HP from last years data https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/52515/3-and-4-buyback-info-for-recently-adjusted-characters ; 
    Yeah it was 375HP I said 300 because that's how much I was short of the 3600HP for the targeted 4* cover. 
  • Quebbster
    Options
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/52515/3-and-4-buyback-info-for-recently-adjusted-characters
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wuQKBLUTMFQrxVAtLm9nxA6EBc7T42b2AUMqgZQKoeE/pubhtml#

Using the info from these two threads I crunched the numbers a bit. I won't bore you with the exact details, but I will give you the highlight:
    - In order for a Gambit (in this case) to sell for HP you need to apply at least 4 covers.
    - 4 covers nets you 375 HP, 5 covers nets you 500 HP, 6 covers nets you 625 HP. This is calculated from all covers being the same color (or a 5/1/0 build), but I think it holds true for a 3/1/0 or 4/1/0 build too. Can't say for sure about a 2/2/0, 3/2/0, 3/3/0 or 4/2/0 build though.
    - The net ISO maxes out at level 66, where the net gain is just over 3 000 ISO. You need four covers to get there, so you get 375 HP too. If you have four covers, this is a good point to aim for.
    - For a five cover build, the optimal selling point is level 77. Net ISO there is around 2700 ISO, so slightly less than level 66, but you also get a better HP ratio with 500 HP for five applied covers.
    -With a six cover build, there's really no reason to go above level 90, where the ISO gain is only around 1000 ISO but you also get 625 HP. The net ISO decreases steadily and after level 95 you have put more ISO in than you get for selling the dupe.

Personally, I aim for the 77 level selling point since I am more interested in getting HP than ISO, and it's easy to manage getting five covers in one color. If I happen to have a single cover in a color and the increased sale price may be about to expire I might aim for level 90 instead.

• Quebbster
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Like I mentioned in my post above, the numbers might have been adjusted. My 0/0/3 lvl 63 can be sold for 4500 iso and 250 HP. 
    I didn't verify the sale price for each and every level, but I did make sure the leveling cost was accurate. I also checked the price upgrades at level 66 and 77 though, so I stand by my statement that level 66 and 77 are the sweet spots you want to aim for. It's good to know that you can still get HP with a lower number of covers though.
    If I were to guess I'd say the 250 HP sale price probably pops up around level 51, it would be consistent with my other observations.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Quebbster said:
    If I were to guess I'd say the 250 HP sale price probably pops up around level 51, it would be consistent with my other observations.
    Sure, I wasn’t arguing about the most profitable/efficient sale level. I just wanted to correct this statement (because I already mentioned it in the previous post and don’t want people to get confused:
    - In order for a Gambit (in this case) to sell for HP you need to apply at least 4 covers
    Yeah, that was based on the assumption that the list was accurate. _I'll make sure to update the data when I harvest my next Gambit.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Harvested another Gambit today. The 250 HP sale price does indeed pop up at level 51, so you need a minimum of three covers to get there.