Sold my Gambit3

Options
JaGo
JaGo Posts: 94 Match Maker
It sincerely pained me to sell my champed 3*Gambit, but after his "rework" it made more sense to sell and rebuild. Hopefully one day he will be worth a roster slot and he and sqeaker can come off the forgotten shelf and be useful again when his black is restored. I was so glad to see one of my favorite X-Men characters finally make it to MPQ, but you quite literally cut his b4llz off with the nerf to black that made him almost useless. All you had to do was reduce his black ap gen by one and not allow allies to fire purple or red powers regardless of whether or not gambit had covers for those active powers, just like his 5*version and he would have been fine.

Sincerely disappointed,

-JaGo

@Brigby

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also sold him. If they rework him (which I hope they do), awesome. If they don't, no great loss.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I kept by 3/5/5 level 192 but I sold my 0/0/5 because the nerf made it pointless.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Funny, I tried him out again for the first time since the nerf tonight. With champed Bl4de. 

Utterly, completely useless. I don't foresee ever using him again outside of a requirement node. Sad.

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was he 266 already with a dupe ready? Otherwise that was pretty damn stupid.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did too. Used the ISO to champ and level Antman. LT gave me Gambit black, ironically. He is still good with Bl4de!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I sold my extra 0/0/5 Gambit. That 500 HP came in handy. Might try to farm him a Little bit.

Keeping the champed one on my roster though. No reason to get rid of him.

• qandols
    Options
    I like his ants-ants-ants. It's a good yellow. Combined with e.g. Bl4des strong strikes they give quite a sting. Add Gambit to fuel bl4de and himself and it really rocks  :)
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    qandols said:
    Did too. Used the ISO to champ and level Antman. LT gave me Gambit black, ironically. He is still good with Bl4de!
    Antman is cool. I champed him some while back but haven't used him much. If you find good or fun use for him please elaborate.
    I enjoyed using Antsy (4/4/5) with Medusa and Ghost Rider (5/5/3). Attack tiles for days, plus the possibility of boosting them with Strike tiles. They get matched away? Restore health! The opponent also creates special tiles? Steal them with either Antsy's Blue, Medusa's Purple, or match them to gain AP!
  • qandols
    Options
    Ghostie is one of the fours that are on the road to champing. Good suggestions!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gambit will still be an essential for pve at some point.  Selling doesn't make a ton of sense unless it was a dupe.  
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless you're really hard up for hp, every champed 3* cost you more iso to champ than the sell price returns and that's even without counting the iso value of individual covers. And 3* champ rewards are serious business. I wouldn't sell any 3* before 266.

Though N00b did. Because it is really hard up for hp. :) 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don't count in him being reworked,  he's a 3 star character and they've already spent too much time messing with him .
    Moving on 
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Unless you're really hard up for hp, every champed 3* cost you more iso to champ than the sell price returns and that's even without counting the iso value of individual covers. And 3* champ rewards are serious business. I wouldn't sell any 3* before 266.

Though N00b did. Because it is really hard up for hp. :) 
    Don't forget the statements we made in itself.
    They took a top tier 3* and made him bottom ) gutter tier:
    Selling him to show our disregard: priceless.

I don't know how good or bad he is now given that I didn't really use him before, but his black was broken nonsense before. I'd rather have a weak 3* than a tinykitty one. I kept my fully covered sentry at level 94 until they nerfed him. Then I maxed him. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Gambit will still be an essential for pve at some point.  Selling doesn't make a ton of sense unless it was a dupe.  
    True! But to be honest those essential and boosted 3* for PVE don't make much of a difference if you're deep into 4* and 5*, they're still mostly just there to soak up punches while Rocket & Groot and Yondu kills everyone.
    You obviously know this at your roster level, but wanted to point out that having the essential 3 is useful in PVE for the points in their node, not really so much for utility once you’re in 4-5 land.  This is doubly important for players who are missing 5*s on their roster. But the 5E makes the 3E moot in terms of PVE progression, so we have more roster flexibility now.

My 3bit is at 205; the champ rewards will get good pretty soon, so he stays.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    True! But to be honest those essential and boosted 3* for PVE don't make much of a difference if you're deep into 4* and 5*, they're still mostly just there to soak up punches while Rocket & Groot and Yondu kills everyone.

its more about you throwing out a rewards bag before collecting it. That's what threes are for: to give you cp, covers, LT, hp through champ rewards.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 3* Gambit is 171. I looked at the sell price, which I think was 65000 iso and 1500HP if I remember rightly. That would definitely be useful as I have two or three 4*s fully covered awaiting iso for champing, however, I would love to get some more covers for Rogue, which I know 3* Gambit gives, so I might hang onto him for a while. Who knows, they might rework him again to put him to how he should have been in the first place.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3* Gambit is 171. I looked at the sell price, which I think was 65000 iso and 1500HP if I remember rightly. That would definitely be useful as I have two or three 4*s fully covered awaiting iso for champing, however, I would love to get some more covers for Rogue, which I know 3* Gambit gives, so I might hang onto him for a while. Who knows, they might rework him again to put him to how he should have been in the first place.

My level 209 3* Gambit has a similar sale price (1500 HP, 63292 ISO), so if you want to farm him it's probably better to sell him off when he's at level 166, I assume you will get the most bang for your buck that way.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    plus champ levels also get you Rogue covers, makes no sense to me either.  Selling the dupe 0/0/5 made sense for me but I have my champed gambit bh to get the rogue covers. already over lvl.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My nose is gone;  that’ll show my face.

in seriousness, 3* essential for pve, pvp and DDQ.  Makes 0 sense to sell it out of spite.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Only still have him due to eventual required PVE nodes.  He's still base level; no sense in wasting ISO on him.

Self damage, especially TEAM self damage, is the worst thing in this entire game.
    I have no idea why the 3 Star version was savaged so badly.
    He's now just about as bad as Sentry, but with the additional negative of locking out powers for the rest of your team.  So actually probably worse, if that's possible.
    Award winning design here...