Dec 29: Amazon 50% off sale -- you buying?

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Won’t be a better offer between discount and extra resources.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    How much is the price on Amazon? Please post prices! :)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    0_efx_0 said:
    A stark is 10k amazon coins,  price of coins varries, digital day stark is 5k amazon coins 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    0_efx_0 said:
    Half price is 50%. Quick maffs.
  • 0_efx_0
    True now what will or should you use the hero points on?? Even if you have all character slot + extras slots vacant. 
    Do you use them to buy a 40X hero pack or save them for health and PvP shields??
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    0_efx_0 said:
    True now what will or should you use the hero points on?? Even if you have all character slot + extras slots vacant. 
    Do you use them to buy a 40X hero pack or save them for health and PvP shields??
    There's no such thing as having enough slots.
    Buy more slots. Always.
  • 0_efx_0
    So if I buy 20,000 hero points, spend at least 50% or more on slots?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep.
    Eventually you'll need slots for all your 3* dupes - don't underestimate that cost.
  • 0_efx_0
    Thanks, so stay away from buying a 40x hero pack?
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    0_efx_0 said:
    It all depends on your buying style, playing style, etc.  If you are hp positive on a normal basis, you will not need to buy slots as you can probably afford it with regular play.  The big spenders will buy lots and lots of 40 packs (heroics and off season) to get the additional lt and covers that they then use to get champ levels on all their dupes, etc.  If you are not hp positive, then hold the hp for slots, health packs, and shields.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    grunth13 said:
    0_efx_0 said:
    It all depends on your buying style, playing style, etc.  If you are hp positive on a normal basis, you will not need to buy slots as you can probably afford it with regular play.  The big spenders will buy lots and lots of 40 packs (heroics and off season) to get the additional lt and covers that they then use to get champ levels on all their dupes, etc.  If you are not hp positive, then hold the hp for slots, health packs, and shields.
    Note that those 40-packs (Heroic/Offseason) are the cheapest ones.  Other than buying out a really nice vault, those should be the ones you purchase, if you're going to.

The old PvP token packs for new releases used to be worth considering, if you were very interested in that character.  They were the best chance to target a specific character.  But those appear to not be a thing anymore, and that's a shame.

Only buy a 40-pack if you're set for slots, though.  It's a boring purchase in the moment, but it lets you build your roster bigger and get champ rewards.  Pays off long term.
  • SandTiger
    SandTiger Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I bought two starks, ended up being $75 for both. Should have been $65, but for some reason Amazon charges tax when Google doesn't, so I had to buy some more coins.
  • Arks
    Arks Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Uhhh....anyone have problems getting their purchase? I bought through the Amazon app, hp and cp showed up, logged off and came back and now they're missing from my account. I submitted a ticket but I guess everyone's on holiday. Should I not play till Jan 2? :(
  • 0_efx_0
    Arks said:
    Uhhh....anyone have problems getting their purchase? I bought through the Amazon app, hp and cp showed up, logged off and came back and now they're missing from my account. I submitted a ticket but I guess everyone's on holiday. Should I not play till Jan 2? :(
    Oh that’s no good. First I bought amazon coins from the Amazon website. Then logged into game on kindle fire, then used amazon coins to buy the $49.99 pack. Received coins and CP, though I did not log out at all. That may have been your mistake. I even continued to play on my iPhone 7 after the purchase and everything is okay on my end.
    So logging out, right after your putchase, may have caused your problem.
    Hope you get that fixed soon. Remember to restart your devices, that usually helps me when I’m trying to troubleshoot something.
  • Madau
    Madau Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Yeah I had the same thing happen.  One of my purchases went backwards or something :neutral:
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    How do you get the discount price to show up?

I open the game and the same price/ coin requirement is there.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    NMANOZ said:

You try to buy when the sale is still live in your part of the world. It's over all the way from Australia to Europe to West Coast USA.
    (Amazon 50%, that is. Mpq 30% extra is still a few days)
  • 0_efx_0
    NMANOZ said:

I believe it is only Kindle and Android users. If you’re on steam or iPhone, it won’t show. Plus I think the Amazon sale has ended.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    You really couldn't find a better deal on hp if you tried, yet as a seasoned player with plenty of disposable income, i have no interest.

'Member when they used to do stores instead of vaults for incoming characters? If I wanted to cover the new character I would have more incentive to buy 40 packs. I refuse to invest money in a vault for 1 cover!

This game is becoming so geared toward whaling its sad.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Madau said:
    Yeah I had the same thing happen.  One of my purchases went backwards or something :neutral:
    Yep, same thing happened to me.  How do you submit a ticket?