Dec 29: Amazon 50% off sale -- you buying?

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Except that this is limited to amazon only which precludes a pretty significant portion of the player-base.  Will they stuff the coffers that day?  Yes, for sure.  Will it be record breaking numbers?  Not a chance.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except that this is limited to amazon only which precludes a pretty significant portion of the player-base.  Will they stuff the coffers that day?  Yes, for sure.  Will it be record breaking numbers?  Not a chance.
    All you need is a cheap Amazon Fire for like $39.  After the first few Starks, you made your money back. In fact, some actually return them after this sale. 
  • The rockett
    mexus said:
    All you need is a cheap Amazon Fire for like $39.  After the first few Starks, you made your money back. In fact, some actually return them after this sale. 
    I was recommended to just install MPQ via Amazon App Store. Isn't that a workings method to take part of the sale?
    Yes if you are on Andriod.  If on IOS, you have to get another device. 
  • The rockett
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    I was recommended to just install MPQ via Amazon App Store. Isn't that a workings method to take part of the sale?
    Yes if you are on Andriod.  If on IOS, you have to get another device. 
    OK! I guess (it seems) you've been through a similar sale before.
    When I open my MPQ during the sale day(s) will I see an actual lower price than regular or do I have to pay full price then await a refund / go through some process in order to reclaim 50% of what I payed?
    Lol. Yes a few time. If you go through the Amazon App, you will see it automatically. You won't have to do anything. I would also suggest looking into Amazon Coins depending on where you live and see if you can use them. They are a big discount as well if you can use them 
  • DjinnBabba
    DjinnBabba Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    $37.50 for a Stark??!!!  You bet I’ll be buying. Beats every deal. Discounts on Costco and eBay iTunes Cards don’t even compare.  Just buy a Fire tablet from Target/Walmart for $~40. Use it on sale day, then return it after. 
  • The rockett
    $37.50 for a Stark??!!!  You bet I’ll be buying. Beats every deal. Discounts on Costco and eBay iTunes Cards don’t even compare.  Just buy a Fire tablet from Target/Walmart for $~40. Use it on sale day, then return it after. 
    See, he knows.  Like I said earlier, it the amount of Starks that will be bought.  Would blow some people's minds. 
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    I guarantee there will be multiple people dropping 5K + on this sale.  Best sale of the year, 3 good 5* in rotation = money in the bank.
  • I_am_Zero
    I_am_Zero Posts: 92 Match Maker
    How are you getting it for less than 50%? How do we find out if the Amazon coins will work inside mpq?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am Zero said:
    How are you getting it for less than 50%? How do we find out if the Amazon coins will work inside mpq?
    Amazon Coins work. It's how people already buy at continual discount.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    mexus said:
    Looks like Amazon forgot about this Digital Day. 
    I was going to do a buy in a buy-club but everyone went all like "whaaaaaat no sale?" and contacted Amazon who admitted a technical issue. :)
    Do you know if they are going to fix it later today, or just leave it as no sale?
  • salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    works on steam?? and how to buy
  • Daiches
    salve1 said:
    works on steam?? and how to buy
    No. Steam is not an Amazon device 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Check the t10 season alliance standings. People are buying.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Do i see a 10.
    Going once to the Group with 10

Going twice to the group with 10..

Blow me we have a 20...
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Yep, got a Stark this morning, still waiting for it to process though. :#
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Can you do this on iPad?
  • Daiches
    Can you do this on iPad?
    No. An iPad is also not an Amazon device, nor does the Amazon Store exist on iOS.
    You can via the Amazon Store on Android though. 
  • SandTiger
    SandTiger Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the heads up, worth it with the sale on Amazon coins. Got 2 starks.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches said:
    Can you do this on iPad?
    No. An iPad is also not an Amazon device, nor does the Amazon Store exist on iOS.
    You can via the Amazon Store on Android though. 
    Thank you sir
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Bought 1 Stark. Trying to decide if I want a second one...