Thick As Thieves PVE: Tapping is BACK!!!!

2»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    I have still yet to tap and am currently 6th. Have been top 10 (CL8) in most events as long as I can remember with the exception being Nicos release where I totally just forgot to do my end clears one day. 

I also have no Iso in any of my fives and most have only a few covers. So I’m 4* only. 

To all of the tappers out there I wish you best of luck. To me if you do it, you deserve it but I just can’t get behind doing that for some 4* covers that I’ll get eventually anyway. I’m at a point where I’m regularly tossing covers because I don’t have the Iso to champ them and my CP reserves are getting ridiculous (over 6k). 

Your in the hardest phase of the game where you have to make some really really hard decisions.

1.  Do you want to just play casual like a match 3 for guys?  maintain what ever play is convienet for you.
    2.  Do you want better placement?   Your at the phase of hte game where you need to really refine your play tactics.  You've passed all the tinykitty marginal players and your now effectively competing against players who have as much or most likely more information than you have.  Thats why you see so much alliance and partner collaboration.  In any case you'll have to refine your tactics to either play friendly with or snipe against. 

Just randomly playing when its at your convenience will no longer be sufficient.

3.  Do you want to grow your roster?  6k cp is actually enough cp to get you the next 3 5* champions.  Of course you'll have alot of wastage in your pulls and trashing a ton of covers in the process.  How effectively have you prepared your 3* and 4* tiers to absorb the pulls.

I play this game A LOT. Both PVE / PVP as well as special events. I’m in a casual alliance so no big prizes there, but I like the guys I’m with.

PVE I just play optimally with boosted 4s and can usually net T10 if I enter a fresh bracket.

PVP I’ll climb in the last 3-8 hours hit 900 in one climb and shield out with a 3 or 8 hr depending on when I end.

[Side note: I actually did NOT hit 900 first event of the season despite having every boosted 4 Champed. Tried to climb in the last 2 hours and was hit way more than I could recover. That was sad/embarrassing but I learned a lesson and only missed a Fury Champ reward at the end of it all.]

I have 17 (and counting) 4s unchamped and will have to start the 3* dupe farm very soon- all of which is Iso-intensive as I want to keep all my max Champed 3s. I have no desire to jump into the 5 tier at present. I don’t know if I ever will. I like the 4 game too much. And I’m winning a lot. I’m mostly free to play (not even VIP), and have enough 4 champs to keep me competitive while slowly adding to my army. To me the end goal is to be Iso positive but that is a LONG way away. I want every 4 Champed, every dupe 3 champed, my 2* farm humming without having to destroy it to save covers, and even all the 1s maxed. I guess if I’ve reached that level I might consider dipping into 5 land. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I'm happy to just place top 50 in a PVE day to get the 100 hp. Doing 6 clears usually gets me there (provided i have all essentials). If stuff gets close i sometimes do a 7th clear. But no tapping to get a bit higher. It's just not worth my time.
  • Alphateam
    Alphateam Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    W.T.F. is tapping?
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Alphateam said:
    W.T.F. is tapping?
    An endless time sucking void from hell where players hit the same node over and over again (hundreds of times in some cases) to artificially inflate scores to secure top rewards.  It eliminates all skill and competition and comes down to who has the most time to devote. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alphateam said:
    W.T.F. is tapping?

You never tapped that tinykitty before?
  • LifeofAgony
    mexus said:
    This is basically a troll-thread right?
    Regrettably, it’s not.  The OP logic is the more people tap, the more the devs will “have” to take action to fix this problem which they stated was a problem 9+ months ago.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is only doing what the devs want you to do. Play their game more. You are only playing into their hands. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alphateam said:
    W.T.F. is tapping?
    An endless time sucking void from hell where players hit the same node over and over again (hundreds of times in some cases) to artificially inflate scores to secure top rewards.  It eliminates all skill and competition and comes down to who has the most time to devote. 
    To be fair, "skill" has never really been that big a deal. You would probably win a decent chunk of matches by just taking the AI-suggested match every turn and firing powers whenever you had the AP.

Denial, team composition, target prioritization, and an eye for cascades obviously matter, which is why we almost always win. At the end of the day, though, amount of time to dedicate has always been the deciding factor in how far you can get.
  • LifeofAgony
    When smaller rosters can beat larger rosters, I would argue there is a modicum of skill that does separate the top of the heap.  In the level playing field of set scaling, I think there is definitely a skill element.  Skill will not overcome not having Thanos but does separate the similar rosters.  Tapping eliminates all that.  You don’t need anything other than time.