Thick As Thieves PVE: Tapping is BACK!!!!

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards

After a small break with the Boss event, time to get our tappers tapping again.  This is a great event to do it too!!!  Thor as a 5* essential and boosted!!!  I love Thor at 50% health for this event.   We should rename him the God of Cascades.  We also have some great boosted 4* too.  Well, here we go.    

Sub 1: Family Reunion

Tapping Target:  Family Reunion VII

Characters:  Goon, Goon, Goon

Point Total of Tapping:  3

Plan of Attack:  Hit the goons, very straight forward

Your Team:  Almost any fast team.   Again I love 50% health Thor with Dr S and Gambit for this.  Thanos will work too  

Sub 2: Anderson Bio-Technic

Tapping Target:  Anderson Bio-Tech VII

Characters:  Yelena, Goon, Goon

Point Total of Tapping:  3

Plan of Attack:  Kill Yelena first, then goons 

Your Team:  Same as first Sub for me.   Gambit and BB will be fast too.  

Sub 3: New Scotland Yard

Tapping Target:  Scotland Yards VI

Characters:  Goon, Goon, Goon

Plan of Attack:  Hit the Goons.  Very straight forward.

Your Team:  Same as Sub 1.   

Sub 4:  The Meeitng 

Tapping Target:  Toss up   Either Buiness Parteners or 5* E.  I think Buiness Parteners will be fast with Thanos and a low health Hood  

Characters:  Hood, Magneto

Plan of Attack:  Kill Hood first

Your Team:  Thanos and any other 5* you can spare.  Non Thanos team, BB/Gambit/Thor. 

Pleaae add your feedback and comments to help out. 

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    What are Buiness Parteners?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    What are Buiness Parteners?
    A node in sub 4.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. Just did my clear.  Took 25 mins. Half Health 5* Thor is amazing for this and will be for tapping. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    If you want lots of people tapping, you may want to suggest some 4* only teams.  I’m guessing most people reading the forums don’t have a champed 5* Thor.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 said:
    If you want lots of people tapping, you may want to suggest some 4* only teams.  I’m guessing most people reading the forums don’t have a champed 5* Thor.
    And thus it hardly matters for them as Thor is the essential 5. They would have to tap very hard too make up that point difference.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Stepping down from tap-tap-tapping this one.

no Champed Thor, and the last one almost broke me. Playing for 3 hours non-stop just for T10 placement (which I still missed due to others that are more dedicated to tapping) makes a person question their priorities.

I'll drop down to scl8 and have a nice little vacation-event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Thanos is boosted this week. That might be a good option for tapping on lower levels.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm confused. What's the goal here?
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    The goal of OP is to make tapping so over-abundant that devs *have* to take notice.  However, all it’s really accomplishing is making t5/t10 in the high CLs basically a requirement to tap.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also for the devs we will ignore data for every announced event that is tap danced.

• Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Just for reference, starting the Family Reunion VII node 30 min early will cost 3 regen points and result in a loss of 9 points from optimal play.  After only 3 extra clears, you break even and add to your optimal score. If you clear 20+ times over the 30 min, you gain 50-60 points.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Jarvind said:
    To encourage the devs to support and add more features like this by making sure their metrics show people love it. 
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Jarvind said:
    To encourage the devs to support and add more features like this by making sure their metrics show people love it. 

In the past, I have stated that previous efforts like Rockett's data-based approach to create an argument for points-based vs. win-based PvP, are not necessarily the driving factor in seeing changes. At the same time, I find it unlikely that the devs are completely oblivious to such efforts as that and the Tap-a-Thon. They absolutely know why people are doing it and are not going to see this as an exuberant show of tappiness. 

If anything, this is a different problem for them to fix in a way that squares with their vision for PvE, which may not be clearly defined. They don't want a fixed stop and relaxed progression-only experience and at the same time they don't want people to tap forever. Their previous attempts give you some insight into this process. They just aren't there yet. 

So in the meantime, tap away. To be honest, more people are tapping because this is now a requirement for placement depending on your bracket and slice. So, for those who said that the tappers deserve it? You're right. They're getting it, but they have company. 

• TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    #1 in TaT 4.7 has a lead of 300 points so the tap dance is real. 

Solution has been posted in these forums but no intention to implement it. 

I'm surprised people are tapping for Sandman covers but maybe I just haven't discovered his secret winfinite yet.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Sandman was just updated that he will be giving 5* goblin covers so there’s suddenly much bigger incentive for sandman.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have still yet to tap and am currently 6th. Have been top 10 (CL8) in most events as long as I can remember with the exception being Nicos release where I totally just forgot to do my end clears one day. 

I also have no Iso in any of my fives and most have only a few covers. So I’m 4* only. 

To all of the tappers out there I wish you best of luck. To me if you do it, you deserve it but I just can’t get behind doing that for some 4* covers that I’ll get eventually anyway. I’m at a point where I’m regularly tossing covers because I don’t have the Iso to champ them and my CP reserves are getting ridiculous (over 6k). 

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have still yet to tap and am currently 6th. Have been top 10 (CL8) in most events as long as I can remember with the exception being Nicos release where I totally just forgot to do my end clears one day. 

I also have no Iso in any of my fives and most have only a few covers. So I’m 4* only. 

To all of the tappers out there I wish you best of luck. To me if you do it, you deserve it but I just can’t get behind doing that for some 4* covers that I’ll get eventually anyway. I’m at a point where I’m regularly tossing covers because I don’t have the Iso to champ them and my CP reserves are getting ridiculous (over 6k). 

Your in the hardest phase of the game where you have to make some really really hard decisions.

1.  Do you want to just play casual like a match 3 for guys?  maintain what ever play is convienet for you.
    2.  Do you want better placement?   Your at the phase of hte game where you need to really refine your play tactics.  You've passed all the **** marginal players and your now effectively competing against players who have as much or most likely more information than you have.  Thats why you see so much alliance and partner collaboration.  In any case you'll have to refine your tactics to either play friendly with or snipe against. 

Just randomly playing when its at your convenience will no longer be sufficient.

3.  Do you want to grow your roster?  6k cp is actually enough cp to get you the next 3 5* champions.  Of course you'll have alot of wastage in your pulls and trashing a ton of covers in the process.  How effectively have you prepared your 3* and 4* tiers to absorb the pulls.

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:

Your in the hardest phase of the game where you have to make some really really hard decisions.

1.  Do you want to just play casual like a match 3 for guys?  

Are match 3s considered "girly?" Is that a thing?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    How do you explain tapping to your girlfriend / boyfriend / parent(s) / boss?
    "It's better than Tourette".
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    If you can do this then congrats?...i guess. Im just happy playing at my own pace. I have a job and a family. I dont want to make puzzle quest a second career lol