More boss style events?

2»

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Yes, I also enjoy Boss events.
    I love boss events but they are really, really unrewarding for those in casual alliances.  And for everyone else, too, but for those in casual alliances, jeez.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Beer40 said:
    Something needs to change with them. That's how I feel. I don't like a few things about them but all in all I don't feel like its worth complaining over.

Maybe they could figure out a "rental" game mechanic where, once you and your alliance have completed max progression, you would be able to help another alliance reach that goal without actually being a true member of their alliance.

Couple ways for that: 1) An option pops up after you reach personal progression/alliance progression (whichever comes last) that says, "Do you want to help another alliance?" and clicking yes would allow you to jump in at their current round and help them. The alliance would be randomly pre-selected. You'd receive no more progression rewards, just only your individual match rewards. Say no and you just finish the event tacking on to your alliances score. 2) The exact same scenario, except that maybe instead of having an alliance pre-selected for you, there would be an option to choose between a few or even an option to filter based on what round you'd like to get in and help, something like that.

There is no incentive to help the other alliance. Big deal I get help them get their 5star token. What do I get? 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’d love more boss events as long they improve the reward structure. Needs to give more ISO and utilize SCLs to determine reasonable cover rewards.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Love boss events.

1. Could we not have nodes refresh at 3 AM?
    2. Could we also see VIP awards/some kind of further progression for alliance members going past personal progression?

Love my casual alliance, but it's always the usual suspects carrying on these events.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beer40 said:
    Something needs to change with them. That's how I feel. I don't like a few things about them but all in all I don't feel like its worth complaining over.

Maybe they could figure out a "rental" game mechanic where, once you and your alliance have completed max progression, you would be able to help another alliance reach that goal without actually being a true member of their alliance.

Couple ways for that: 1) An option pops up after you reach personal progression/alliance progression (whichever comes last) that says, "Do you want to help another alliance?" and clicking yes would allow you to jump in at their current round and help them. The alliance would be randomly pre-selected. You'd receive no more progression rewards, just only your individual match rewards. Say no and you just finish the event tacking on to your alliances score. 2) The exact same scenario, except that maybe instead of having an alliance pre-selected for you, there would be an option to choose between a few or even an option to filter based on what round you'd like to get in and help, something like that.

There is no incentive to help the other alliance. Big deal I get help them get their 5star token. What do I get? 
    Increased competition by them getting 5s from that token.
    Yep, brilliant idea to help other alliances, very well thought out.
  • BCblue27
    BCblue27 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    broll said:
    I’d love more boss events as long they improve the reward structure. Needs to give more ISO and utilize SCLs to determine reasonable cover rewards.

I agree with this entirely. I have recently scaled back my gameplay immensely/ceased altogether (at times) primarily due to burnout and being overall unmotivated with the handling of the game. There have been SOME improvements, but overall I do not feel there to be enough significant ones to improve the shelf life of the game.

That being said, I absolutely love the alliance based events, mainly because I am part of a stellar alliance and everyone works remarkably well together. If they were to do some positive restructuring of rewards all around, I would be more inclined to continue more consistently with the game. I enjoy there being larger gaps where play isn't necessarily "required" and is more leisurely instead. More team events as opposed to the continuously recycled PVEs would be nice.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Other (please describe)
    Beer40 said:

I can't speak for you, but I enjoy helping others out. Also, for me, once our alliance is done, its hard to continue to grind out the small match rewards for what I feel is nothing. So helping out those in need would give me incentive to play the event until the end.

Bowgentle said:
    Beer40 said:

Increased competition by them getting 5s from that token.
    Yep, brilliant idea to help other alliances, very well thought out.
    Thanks! Any time we can come up with ideas to help others it should be well received. And increased competition? Well, that sounds great for the game! Personally, I'm not too competitive with this game, so I won't get to see too much of those benefits.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    I really enjoy the alliance events, partly because of the teamwork that comes into play, and partly because the format is more interesting after the endless repetitive grinding of every other PvE. But I absolutely agree that the rewards desperately need to be addressed to keep people motivated to play in them, and to avoid pissing people off at how much they're losing relative to a normal PvE over the same time period.

Also, I've found the last several alliance events a little too easy for my 4* roster, so I have to believe that anyone with decent 5*s is walking through them with pretty comical ease. While that can reduce the time commitment and might offer a break to players, it also makes things significantly less interesting. When I just repeatedly use the three strongest characters on offer to beat the boss, there's not much thought going into the strategy. And when many alliances (not just the top few) finish the event days early, people are losing interest (and not gaining any resources in the lost days).

So if they could actually get the balance right, scaling difficulty to individual rosters might make things more interesting (I know this is difficult, which is probably why they don't do it any more). Alternatively, as others have suggested, bring SCLs into alliance events, so individuals can increase their difficulty for extra (meaningful) rewards. Or do something like offering three different 'doors' each time the boss is available, with more points if you pick the tougher one. Then there's an easier way to drop back down if you try something your roster can't handle, without just regretting your SCL choice from the start of the event.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Other (please describe)
    I'd rather they have something along side it. I enjoy the boss event but the ISO drought sucks during them. 
  • Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Love boss events! Play time is more flexible, you get tons of CP and the fights are fun. (only tried apocalypse....)

I'm in a casual-ish alliance, but we still managed to complete round 4 (or 5?) to get all 3 Angel covers. Wich seems it was our goal, since we pretty much all stopped after that.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Beer40 said:
    Beer40 said:

I can't speak for you, but I enjoy helping others out. Also, for me, once our alliance is done, its hard to continue to grind out the small match rewards for what I feel is nothing. So helping out those in need would give me incentive to play the event until the end.

Thanks! Any time we can come up with ideas to help others it should be well received. And increased competition? Well, that sounds great for the game! Personally, I'm not too competitive with this game, so I won't get to see too much of those benefits.
    Usually i do as well, but this game is particularly Haves vs Have Nots and if im gonna help someone possibly get something a lot better than i did, i would prefer to have something instead besides the goodness of my heart
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Other (please describe)
    Beer40 said:
    Beer40 said:

Usually i do as well, but this game is particularly Haves vs Have Nots and if im gonna help someone possibly get something a lot better than i did, i would prefer to have something instead besides the goodness of my heart
    Fair enough, maybe they could give us a special Vault token or something? Although it would probably be a 2*  :D
  • Pr0spect0r
    Beer40 said:
    Beer40 said:
    Beer40 said:

Fair enough, maybe they could give us a special Vault token or something? Although it would probably be a 2*  :D
    lmfao, probably or a handful of heroics seem fair
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Other (please describe)
    Beer40 said:
    Beer40 said:
    Beer40 said:

more likely standard tokens
  • Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker

more likely standard tokens
    Middle ground and we settle for elite tokens? =D