More boss style events?

alaeth
alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I really enjoy the boss events, the team-work to push (together) as a team to a common goal.  Seeing your ally-mates scores (and egging them on). The ability to almost play "at will"... with far less of a schedule compared to other competitive PvE events (timing end clears, optimizing clear strategies, etc)

Plus, our Alliance now has - basically - a full day "off" before the next PvE event.

But I know for some it can be frustrating, especially if you're in an Ally that is casual, or doesn't do Bosses well (due to rosters, time availability, etc)

More boss style events? 110 votes

Yes, I also enjoy Boss events.
90%
PorkBellyMattR42ragnaradyrixmithTaganovcarrion_pigeonsGrimSkaldabmorazXenoberyllTiggidadivouneferaldayorj0natsneodukealaethgrewhoriodokiyTrilateralusBlindman13Arctic_One 100 votes
No, I think there should be less
0%
Tony_Foot 1 vote
Other (please describe)
8%
octagon69Over__FlowQubortdudethtsawesomeAlfje17shadowyoshicrackninjaBeer40Thorstienn 9 votes

Comments

• Other (please describe)
    I like boss events, but not sure I want more of them ...there is no challenge playing them when you reach a certain point. And rewards are really meh...iso/hp/cp wise.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    I like boss events, but not sure I want more of them ...there is no challenge playing them when you reach a certain point. And rewards are really meh...iso/hp/cp wise.
    Boss events or Gauntlet running alongside real PVE . Fixed! 
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    7d weekly Boss event?!  Lovely.  :)
  • IceyOne
    IceyOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I like Boss Fights. I just need to join a better Alliance. I joined a public one just so I could do these types of events but I don't get very far round-wise because its not very active.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

If they applied SCL to Boss Events then the rewards wouldn't be an issue but right now it's dedicated to all players which sux. I hate beating the boss for the 20th and my progression reward is a 2* or worse, 140 iso. I don't understand why they haven't used SCL yet for things outside PvE and PvP
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I definitely wouldn't mind more boss events.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Boss Events are a good change of pace. At higher level play, it is essentially completed by the 5th or 6th boss refresh with 5 more to go. There is almost a 2 day break from PVE. Adding additional challenge or rewards to continue beyond the ISO for the small nodes would be good.

Also, first Civil War gave out a 5 Star reward. Let's be generous at Holiday time and give out 1 guaranteed 5 star and then some tokens with a chance for more.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Other (please describe)
    I like the boss events, and I like my alliance, but we have only completed round 6 one time in my two years of playing.  So while these events are a nice change of pace, I wouldn't really want more of them unless they altered the prize structure in a way that would be counter to the concept.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Other (please describe)
    I like the boss events. But they need to revamp the structure.
    Every time there is thread of the top dog Story alliances saying how quickly they beat it. I mean, yay for you guys. But can we stop with the time based node increase, and move to rounds. The "weaker" alliances rarely go far in these.
    Mine has completed one once, due to me and 2 others over doubling personal progression. And yes, I could move to another, but I'm just a stinking casual who doesnt ALWAYS pit in for thenother repetitive grinds and I like these guys.
    I put my all in for the boss events, but it' always sad to see us fall short due to "time restraints" and lower rosters.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I like boss events, as long as other members in my alliance hit them as hard as I do :angry:
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like boss events, as long as other members in my alliance hit them as hard as I do :angry:
    Then you need a new ally.  
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I think I do...
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    I think I do...

Careful the man offering you sweets to get in the back of his van isn’t someone you should trust (aka Rockett is always recruiting)
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    One of my favorite aspects of the Boss events is the removal of the necessity to play at a certain time to do well in the event. As long as I can play some time during each eight hour window I will achieve the full extent of the rewards for the event. And even if I can't play during a few of the eight hour windows, there is still time during the event for me to make it up later and still get maximum rewards. This is good!

I don't really think we need more runs of them (though more variety is always welcome). Or at most I could see doing one every season just for a little more PVE variety.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Other (please describe)
    As much as I enjoy the challenge and the alliance camaraderie, I don't really want more because of the loss of iso, my biggest bottleneck. Solve that one way or another and  we can add tons more, even if I never reach the highest reward in my casual alliance.

In other words, keep the current amount unless they get a big iso increase.
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Other (please describe)
    I think there is the right amount of boss events. They are fun but it becomes a drag when after a day and half you have nearly no PVE. Still hit the nodes for the ISO but it's not the same. If anything I'd love to see them pepper in some heroic events again.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Other (please describe)
    Something needs to change with them. That's how I feel. I don't like a few things about them but all in all I don't feel like its worth complaining over.

Maybe they could figure out a "rental" game mechanic where, once you and your alliance have completed max progression, you would be able to help another alliance reach that goal without actually being a true member of their alliance.

Couple ways for that: 1) An option pops up after you reach personal progression/alliance progression (whichever comes last) that says, "Do you want to help another alliance?" and clicking yes would allow you to jump in at their current round and help them. The alliance would be randomly pre-selected. You'd receive no more progression rewards, just only your individual match rewards. Say no and you just finish the event tacking on to your alliances score. 2) The exact same scenario, except that maybe instead of having an alliance pre-selected for you, there would be an option to choose between a few or even an option to filter based on what round you'd like to get in and help, something like that.

• Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Other (please describe)
    Beer40 said:
    Something needs to change with them. That's how I feel. I don't like a few things about them but all in all I don't feel like its worth complaining over.

Maybe they could figure out a "rental" game mechanic where, once you and your alliance have completed max progression, you would be able to help another alliance reach that goal without actually being a true member of their alliance.

Couple ways for that: 1) An option pops up after you reach personal progression/alliance progression (whichever comes last) that says, "Do you want to help another alliance?" and clicking yes would allow you to jump in at their current round and help them. The alliance would be randomly pre-selected. You'd receive no more progression rewards, just only your individual match rewards. Say no and you just finish the event tacking on to your alliances score. 2) The exact same scenario, except that maybe instead of having an alliance pre-selected for you, there would be an option to choose between a few or even an option to filter based on what round you'd like to get in and help, something like that.

Or better, treat it like a vault. Once progression is hit, it simply resets and allows you a chance to double up on rewards.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards

I love the boss events. I really enjoy the mechanical curveballs they tend to throw in with the fights. I wish they'd happen more regularly, or if they are happening on a regular schedule, that I knew what it was lol. 

I also think it's worth making a distinction between Boss Events and Alliance Events. I like both, but Alliance Events tend to shift the reward structure in such a way that you're getting CP mostly in dribbles and drabs as you take on the boss. HP income slows down to basically nothing, so for instance in this Apocalypse event, I was really scrounging to come up with the 55hp I needed to roster colossus, whereas in a normal PVE I'd have most likely either gotten it from progression or from a 2* champ level. Not sure I need that to be different, just something I noticed this time around.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, with the caveat that they need to include more ISO. I love Boss events but they suck when I'm on a champing run because ISO slows to a trickle.