Holiday event

Crnch73
Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
so last year, they nailed it with the holiday event. The thanos version of ddq was amazing, something people were clamoring for to happen all year round. 

This year? Meh. Don’t get me wrong, any extra game modes and prizes are nice, I am not trying to be greedy. But, they set the bar high last year, this year they just waltzed right underneath the bar. The event/prizes this year are...fine I guess. Nothing huge, nothing to be excited about. Kinda bummed

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    It's still technically possible there is more coming next week, we still are well over a week before Christmas and over 2 weeks before New Years.  I desperately need double ISO right now so I'm hoping it get's turned on after Apocalypse ends, but I'm also not counting on it.  

The Thanos DDQ was awesome, but that was clearly just an Alpha or Beta test of the DDQ format.  I would love to see them redo it, but I'm not expecting it to happen (unless they are planning another rework of DDQ next year which seems unlikely).
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I agree. They obviously timed the 12 days to end on Christmas (as one would expect due to the title), so that is what made me fear that nothing else was coming. In my head, I keep saying “there MUST be more coming”, but I’m afraid it might not happen 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they're actually listening to the common complaint every year that they run boss events during Christmas when we're trying to spend time with our families. 

The optimist in me thinks something more is coming, just not during Xmas Eve/day itself.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i spent the 3750 hp or whatever it was to empty the holiday vault. figured with at least 1 4*, a bunch of iso, legendary pull, and some 3* covers and other tokens it was actually worth the purchase. ended up with a 5* bp from the legendary. so def worth it.

just wondering why the final reward on 12 days couldn't have been an archangel cover though. you're not going to break the game giving out a 5* for christmas...
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    Maybe they're actually listening to the common complaint every year that they run boss events during Christmas when we're trying to spend time with our families. 

The optimist in me thinks something more is coming, just not during Xmas Eve/day itself.
    Boss events take less engagement than any other PVE event (except maybe the Gauntlet). If you want to spend time with your family, Boss events are a good thing.
  • Ironkodiak
    Ironkodiak Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Agreed. As long as it was set to END on Christmas day, not begin. 
  • smkspy
    edited December 2017
    JHawkInc said:
    smkspy said:

Boss events take less engagement than any other PVE event (except maybe the Gauntlet). If you want to spend time with your family, Boss events are a good thing.
    And a good amount of people still complain about them every year, like clockwork. Their actual engagement isn't the issue [insert snark here].
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    As a virtually f2p plauer only i think the rewards are fine. Another rogue to get her to nigh on champ status and the hp i got from selling my 3* gambit netted me RHULK (RNGESUS was with me) so im happy :smile:
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    It's still technically possible there is more coming next week, we still are well over a week before Christmas and over 2 weeks before New Years.  I desperately need double ISO right now so I'm hoping it get's turned on after Apocalypse ends, but I'm also not counting on it.  
    I would love double iso, too, but I really, really don't see that happening when they are having their ***crickets*** "iso sale" down at the empty cavern that used to be the Sears store.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they would have moved boosted Rhulk to Christmas week then I wouldn't complain about any events they run
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kind of wish there was more to it. I don't care about the rewards. I like those. I just would've liked more to do. But oh well. At least the new PvP season started. 
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I'm still holding out hope for an HP sale and a Naughty or Nice vault.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Compared to 5 4 or 5 stars last year for using a 3 or 4 yes.

I do think this year dropped the ball a bit so far.

Also only ISO seems to be on sale for android adding even more "****" because yeah I'm totally here to buy ISO.

With the absurd number of 4's i'm shocked they haven't decided to get closer to the thanos clash level yet.

Also new event types, with 50+ 4's, 40+3's, 20+ 5's theres only so much plain old matching vs scaled dark avengers etc will actually excite people. 

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really hoping we have some more details today. I badly need double ISO with covers expiring. 
  • smkspy
    We all naughty this year, so we got coal in our stockings and one present under the tree. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just cant possibly believe that the 12 days of Marvel is all we are getting. We know they are tight, but they aren't that tight. All the Christmas's previous have had much more than just that. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    The holiday event might not be too exciting, but I'll take the 4*'s gladly. Great effort/reward ratio (could do with another 4* instead of Devil Dino though)
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    ditch any event, just give us a week double iso, thank you very much
  • Dogface
    I must be doing something wrong, bc I have no iso shortages. I usually play PVE to max progression and whenever I have enough CP i open the vault. Still I apparently earn enough iso to train my characters and have my iso stockpile grow.
  • Dogface
    I usually train characters first that are needed for events. That started when my ISO was still scarce. And i still keep to that rule, so I have enough trainable characters left. But even if i train them all, i'd have ISO left to spare.