Is 5* Gambit Making a Mockery of XMen vs Apoc?

KGB
KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Just asking as he becomes more difficult for 4* teams in round 5 and beyond and I don't have any of his 5* covers.

His Purple removes those attack tiles to down one horseman.
If Red/Purple is your strongest color his AP gen removes another one.
His Red/Purple damage help vs the other horseman.
Then finally his Purple removes the horseman CD's.

In short he seems like a perfect Apoc killer letting you easily beat him in any round.

KGB

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's no different than last run. Alot of players chased 5* Gambit during his release for this reason.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

I'm still using Gwenpool for now. I might swap over in the later rounds since she's not boosted this time.

• KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    There's a reason Apocalypse made Gambit one of his Horsemen, Death.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    I mean, Cyclops and xforce Wolverine together make Apocalypse super easy.  This was before the Gambit hate was even really a thing. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been running my 3/5/4 255 Gambit and he's destroying Apoc's horsemen tiles still in round 5.... Sure I have other options, as others pointed out- 4Cyke, XFW, Phoenix, Black Bolt, and then some but nobody is as fast as Gambit even at base level. Not so much trying to pile on the hate, but come on if that doesn't scream OP I don't know what does.....
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm using Teen Grey, X-23 and Scarlet Witch.

Apocalypse doesn't stand a damn chance.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,795 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m making a mockery out of it the same as every boss event. With winfinite. Didn’t lose a round last time and won’t this time.

but hey let’s have yet another gambit thread. Boss events are easy now, just about any good 4 star rosters rip them apart, if anything make more top rewards past progression or make them harder!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Classic Cyclops and Jean Grey are my Apocalypse counters of choice. Cyclops' yellow gives Another way to generate your strongest color and counter Famine, his other Powers deal enough damage to stop War. Jean's Purple can wipe out Pestilence in one go. Only color missing is black, so OML makes a nice third though he's mostly a meat shield for Cyclops. And if a Death countdown gets out of hand he can step up and take the fall for the team.

If I had a workable 5* Gambit I imagine things would be even faster though.

• metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Early rounds i just threw in groot and gamora to match him to death by cascades. Now that I can't do that I'm using XFW, Teen Jean and IM40. Battery man to provide strongest colour green to down first one, either purple or green skills from Teen Jean to down 2nd one by damage, purple skill from Teen Jean to remove special tiles to down the third, and it's a wrap from there. Almost failed once when I accidentally got Jean killed thanks to a lack of purple, but got through when I managed to fire XFW's black which immediately killed him with 2 horsemen remaining.

It's a puzzle, but not unbeatable
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Why not start a new complaining post/thread to get his purple nerfed again.
    #justsaying
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    i say bring back boss rush.  apocalypse pretty easy before n now.  even easier now with boosted cyc.  although i use im46 + surfer + riri.  riri blue + in46 red = Gg
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any particular reason why nearly all of the X-Men are buffed, but Prof X is not?
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Teen Jean, Scarlet Witch and Vulture. Gambit isn't needed
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any particular reason why nearly all of the X-Men are buffed, but Prof X is not?
    Iceman not either, not that he is a go to character for this event.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've used a variety - Teen Jean, 4clops, SW, Rogue, GSBW, Gwenpool even Medusa. 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    XFW, 4* Cyclops and C&D (to generate black for XFW) has served me well so far, but I will definitely try Teen Jean, X-23 and Wanda.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I've used DD to tank with XFW and Cyclops.  fun and easy.  giving Gambit a break.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogue is fun too, particularly if you can set it up so your strongest color is Black just like Apocalypse. She can down Apoc in one blow, at least in round 6. Not sure how much Life he has in round 7...