MPQ Fourth Year-End Poll (Unofficial) - POLL OPEN!

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Hello fellow matchmakers,

It is that time of year again. 2017 is coming to an end and this is my third time creating the year-end poll. Last year I ran the poll around the beginning of November last year, so I will start off from that point up to until last week. Therefore, this poll will not have any changes made this week, including Gambit’s recent nerf. Just like all my prior polls, they are conducted using SurveyMonkey. Unfortunately, this means I can only accept the first 100 responses. Therefore, if you would like to participate then please do this soon as my prior polls reached 100 responses in less than an hour. This poll is set it up the same as Last year’s poll. The choices of each question are in order of their appearance. Thus, the selections are ordered based on when they first appeared in the game. It is alot of work looking at each Forum announcement for changes/additions, therefore, if you see any mistakes or something missing then please let me know in the comments.

There are 10 questions in total on three pages. I recommend completing this on a computer instead of your mobile device. The average time to complete will be roughly 7-10 minutes.

Link to survey below:
SurveyMonkey:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9TZT78L

Thank you for Participating!

Categories Include:

Biggest Surprise in Year Four
Best New Additions in Year Four
Best Changes in Year Four
Best Character Rebalance in Year Four
Best New Character in Year Four
Favorite PVP in Year Four
Favorite PVE in Year Four

Wish List for Year Five

Previous Polls I created:

Character Ability Poll (April 2015): viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=28154
Character Ability Poll Part 1 (July 2015): viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=31552
Character Ability Poll Part 2 (July 2015): viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=31768
Second Year-End Poll (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34297&hilit=+poll
Anniversary III Poll (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53478
Third Year-End Poll (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54973
Anniversary IV Poll (2017): https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68230/anniversary-iv-unofficial-feedback-poll-results-are-in#latest

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Fun, I participated! So much detail...far more than I expected. Well done. Since its only available to 100 and I've taken my turn I'll leave future ones for other players.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Submitted, but I noticed a few glaring omissions:

- Remove placement awards (PVE/PVP)
    - I don't participate in (PVE/PVP)
    - Reduce/Remove SHIELD Simulator level restrictions
    - Fix Alliance chat when playing on multiple devices
    - Create some form of Alliance vs. Alliance battles.

• Punisher5784
    abmoraz said:
    Submitted, but I noticed a few glaring omissions:

- Remove placement awards (PVE/PVP)
    - I don't participate in (PVE/PVP)
    - Reduce/Remove SHIELD Simulator level restrictions
    - Fix Alliance chat when playing on multiple devices
    - Create some form of Alliance vs. Alliance battles.

Thanks for the feedback. It's tough thinking about everything. The wishlist could be limitless!
  • Punisher5784
    It saddens me to see only 54 players have completed the poll. The last 4 polls I created reached over the 100 max within less than an hour. I have not seen this much lack of participation since my first poll almost 3 years ago. Maybe the rest will do it today but it looks like this may be my last poll. It's a lot of work to gather all this information.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted, nice work as always.

The colossal awfulness of new forums and a lot of over moderation when they first came out really drove a lot of people away (and/or banned a lot of people...).  Add to that the existence of the Discord server it's amazing any of us are still here...

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,582 Chairperson of the Boards

I just did it.  There's a lot of stuff there, which may be deterring some people (it took me about 15 minutes, I think,) but regardless there are some very good questions and options here.

Thanks for putting the work into it.  I look forward to seeing the results.

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Survey completed :-) excellent survey. You forget how much has happened in the game this year. Crash of the Mad Titan and the boss events were my favourite. More of these please @Brigby!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    @brigby had nothing to do with this.
  • maguirenumber6
    broll said:
    @brigby had nothing to do with this.
    Be that as it may, I hope he's aware that it was an event that many enjoyed, and would like to see again.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @maguirenumber6
    Heh. As much as I wish I could take credit for a well-organized survey, this was all the hard work of @Punisher5784
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    I was shocked when I was able to get in and complete it last night. Thanks, Punisher.
  • maguirenumber6
    Brigby said:
    @maguirenumber6
    Heh. As much as I wish I could take credit for a well-organized survey, this was all the hard work of @Punisher5784
    Apologies if I wasn't completely clear. I was referring to the Thanos DDQ that I wanted to see more of. 

Taking nothing away from the excellent survey, @Punisher5784
  • Punisher5784
    edited December 2017
    I feel stupid for saying this but... I just need 3 more responses to reach the 100 participants
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I feel stupid for saying this but... I just need 3 more responses to reach the 100 participants
    Sorry to hear that. Don't take the lack of participation as reflective of the effort you obviously put in and the quality of the poll because that's not the case. You did a great job!
  • Punisher5784
    mexus said:
    I think the Thanos DDQ thing was last year was it not? I'm still choosing it as the best surprise of year 4 and I see this as a hint it will return next week.

Last year I did the poll around mid-November so I started the poll from that point
  • maguirenumber6
    Have you got all your responses now?
  • J0nnythejig
    J0nnythejig Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Just completed this - excellent suggestions on the wish list might I add....everything I never knew I wanted
  • Punisher5784
    Have you got all your responses now?
    Yes. I am actually working on a few things such as posting the next chapter of the D3/Demieurge Meeting and the results from this poll. Stay tuned!