Anniversary IV (Unofficial) Feedback Poll - RESULTS ARE IN!!

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Hello fellow tile-matchers!

Marvel Puzzle Quest (MPQ) celebrated their fourth Anniversary! Some players are new, some have been around for over a year and some have even been here since the beginning! Nonetheless Anniversary is the time all players look forward to each year regardless of how great (Anniversary I), bad (Anniversary II), or neutral (Anniversary III) the event is. 

Last year I created the Anniversary III poll to very good results! Please participate as you have done so in past. I will post the results when I receive 100 responses.

This poll has ten (10) questions and will be on SurveyMonkey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QFL6G75

Update: We received the 100+ responses and I will have the results with commentary soon! Thank you everyone that participated!

Prior Polls I created:

Character Ability Poll (April 2015): viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=28154
Character Ability Poll Part 1 (July 2015): viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=31552
Character Ability Poll Part 2 (July 2015): viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=31768
Second Year-End Poll (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34297&hilit=+poll
Anniversary III Poll (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53478
Third Year-End Poll (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54973

[Moderator note: edited title to reflect that this is not an official feedback poll from D3 or Demiurge. -Dayv]

Comments

• Punisher5784
    edited October 2017

RESULTS!

Thank you for participating in another one of my (unofficial) polls. I enjoy creating these and sharing the results with everyone. Hopefully the devs review these polls to understand what the playerbase enjoys, dislikes, and wants to see improved. Ironically, everytime I post a poll, an earthshattering major change is released. We found out that PVP will be Win-Based. This affects a lot of the top vets and alliances. However, I will keep this post strictly about Anniversary instead of the recent events. Without further ado here are the results!

1. What was your first MPQ Anniversary Event?

45%: Anniversary I

33%: Anniversary II

17%: Anniversary III

5%:   Anniversary IV is my first Anniversary Event

The percentages are roughly the same as last year for Anniversary 1-3, but surprisingly there are not as many new players for IV. It is still nice to see so many forum users that have been around since the very first Anniversary, such as myself.

2. How would you rate each Anniversary Event?

4.54: Anniversary I

3.53: Anniversary III

3.27: Anniversary II

4.05: Anniversary IV

No surprise here. Anniversary I will likely always be known as the best. Anniversary II will always be the bad sequel... worse token odds than Heroic tokens and an unstoppable Galactus that resulted in the very quotable “You’re supposed to lose.” This quote was used the following year for Anniversary III with the ridiculous Boss Rush, but that year was an improvement over II. The devs definitely made up for it with Apocalypse. He was challenging but not fully invincible. It also helped we had a very good boost list of X-Men to defeat him. Anniversary IV was good overall, but not great. Personally to me, it just did not feel like Anniversary. I don’t know if it will ever feel like Anniversary I.

3. What did you enjoy during Anniversary IV?

Top 5

4.96: Double Iso

4.62: X-Men v Apocalypse (Boss PVE)

4.56: The return of the X-Men

4.46: Anniversary Short Season Progression/Placement

4.36: SHIELD Simulator Short-Season Progression

Bottom 5

3.42: RRRRAAAWWWR! (PVP)

3.33: Danger Room (PVP)

3.32: Anniversary Sales on HP/Iso

3.08: Remy Lebeau Limited Vault

2.91: Fan Favorite Legendary Store

Of course Double Iso is at the top. Personally for me, it felt like less Iso than previous years. We had a 48 hour sub in Honor Among Thieves PVE and it was not turned on for Lightning Rounds but overall I champed two 4*’s (X-23 and Carnage, finally!) and I’m sure many others did too. Seeing the X-Men return is great! We haven’t had a new X-Men character since OML/Phoenix. Now give us Sentinel goons (and Dazzler)! Speaking of X-Men, I was really help with Apocalypse, I felt his design and powers felt like him with the Horseman tiles, healing every turn, and the ability to one shot your characters, but they did it in a way that was not “you’re supposed to lose.” I look forward to the next run. Short Season is always positive, I would rather two short seasons per month instead of the current monthly Season.

The negatives were not as bad this year because we had a great boss event this year and the PVP were not as lousy as Best Friends Forever. Starting at the bottom of Anniversary is the Fan Favorite Legendary Store. We recently experienced a glitch with the LL that had 25% for 5*’s and only had Latest 4*’s. We had hoped that was a sample of the Fan Favorite but instead it included all 4*’s.. that defeats the purpose of Fan Favorites. Out of my 3 tokens, none were a fan favorite. I did not buy from this store. The Remy store that contained 3* Gambit was nothing special. It would had been better if it gave Anniversary tokens instead of Heroic. The Anniversary Sale was on the bottom 5 again this year.. I don’t understand why the sale is not extended throughout Anniversary. Both years I decided to save my money and wait to the Christmas sale. I don’t want to buy HP then my Anniversary vault has nothing I need (like this year!). The PVP’s round up the bottom 5 (Let’s be Frank had 3.45). RRRAAAWWR is nice to use Devil Dino but he was outshined by the fan favorites and clearly needs to better rebalance than last years. Danger Room sounded awesome until I noticed that there were no X-Men boosted.. very odd. I thought it was replacing Children of the Atom. It was also annoying with the “hazards” which were simply CDs that made Fan Fav 4* Carol stronger than she already is. The hazards may work in PVE but not PVP. They either need to make Hazards a special tile or give CDs to both sides to make it fair. I was beaten a few times simply because the CD was buffing Carol’s tiles. I’m sure this was an oversight, which leads us to constantly asking why simple things like this are not tested.. maybe it was intended.

One area I wanted to point out is Anniversary Tokens/Vault slightly decreased from last Anniversary from 68% loving it down to 55%. I noticed the tokens were not rewarded as much this year. For instance, PVP rewarded 5 tokens last year but this year it was only 3. I am sure it was reduced for PVE too because it used to replace standard tokens. Maybe it was because we did not have SCL levels for Anniversary last year but I certainly received more. Hopefully we can expect more or at least the same amount of tokens next year.

• Punisher5784
    edited October 2017
    4. What would you have liked to have seen during Anniversary IV? (Choose up to 5)

Top 5

61%: More Iso (Triple Iso) or more ways to earn Double Iso

52%: Double CP or more ways to earn CP

48%: Special Deadpool Daily Quest

43%: Kept the 25% odds for Mes Amis Legendary Store

41%: Swap 5* Covers from Fan Favorite Legendary Store

Last year, More Iso only garnered 38% of the votes compared to 61% this year. It felt like I earned much less iso this year, plus now with 5* essentials in PVE and the nonstop new releases, iso is not coming along as fast as we’d like. Triple Iso may not be the answer, but giving us more ways to earn more iso would certainly help. Same is said for CP, we have this Fan Favorite store side-by-side with the Mes Amis store, we don’t have enough CP to take advantage of both these stores. Maybe Gambits release should had been switched with Rouge’s so we wouldn’t have two stores and SHIELD Training would have been double Iso. Regardless, players chose the Mes Amis because it started with the fun-filled glitch of 25% odds for 5*.. Gambit is very good and I am sad I missed out on the opportunity to cash out. A Special DDQ received nearly half the player votes. We love DDQ, you know what we loved more, the side-by-side Crash of the Mad Titan DDQ.. I hope they bring this back for the Holidays this year. Lastly, 5* cover swaps.. another reason why no one wanted the Fan Fav store. We are tired of the 6th unusable cover for our 5*’s. I still don’t understand why there is not a real solution to this. Instead they are wasting Customer Services resources by exchanging covers. I hope a solution is implemented soon.

5. How many Anniversary Tokens did you earn (not buy)?

43%: 50+

28%: 30-40

18%: 20-30

7%: 11-20

3%: 6-10

1% 1-5

I did not ask this question last year so I cannot compare but it is great to see nearly half the players received over 50 tokens (half the vault) without buying. While it felt like less tokens were rewarded, personally I still amassed over 50 tokens and cleared everything I wanted (all Fan tokens, all 4*s, 2900 HP, 10K Iso). It was a good year.

6. Did you champion 4* Devil Dinosaur?

34%: I previously had Devil Dino champed

20%: Yes, I love her

17%: No, she is limited and there is no reason

15%: No, not enough covers/iso

9%: Yes, but I wish I did not or will regret it

5%: No, but I plan to next Anniversary

Last year we had the opportunity to champion Devil Dino. 34% did last year with another 29% this year. Despite earning 10 extra covers, I did not champ her because I need the Iso for the other 4*’s. Devil Dino just is not strong for a limited character that is only boosted for her PVP event. It would be nice if she was boosted the entire Anniversary event. Maybe next year they will greatly rebalance her and I will be jealous of others that did.

On a Sidenote, many players stated they do not “love her” but simply champ everyone. Next year I will make that a choice.

• Punisher5784
    edited October 2017
    7. Did you make any purchases during Anniversary IV? (Choose all that apply)

62%: Anniversary Daily Token (100 HP)

49%: Anniversary 10Pk Tokens (2800 HP)

38%: HP Sales (30% More)

14%: More than 40 Anniversary Tokens

15%: Anniversary 40pks Tokens (9800 HP)

12%: Remy Lebaru Limited Vault

18%: No

1%: Heroes For Hire: Devil Dinosaur

1%: Iso Sale (30% More)

Anniversary is the time of the year we celebrate and make most of our purchases. Last year I forgot to add 40pks. Nearly 30% purchased 40 or more tokens. Same as last year, one sole player bought Iso. The same person also voted they regreted champing Dino, so maybe they used the iso to champ Dino! Iso purchases has always been viewed as the biggest waste of money because you can’t even champ a 2* for $100. I still do not understand why they haven’t increased the Iso so you can at least champ a 3*, 4* would make more sense. I do want to point out that last over 50% purchased HP compared to 38% this year.

Side Note, I added the Remy Lebaru option towards the end of the polling as many players expressed they purchased it, so it may have been more.

8. Do you think you will continue playing MPQ until Anniversary V?

67%: Yes, I will play the same or similar amount

17%: Not sure yet

13%: Yes, but I am cutting on my play time

1%: No, I am done playing MPQ

Last year 31% of employees voted they would cut down on their play time. This was a result to Boss Rush. This year it has been more positive.. at least until we were recently hit yesterday with PVP Win-based and SHIELD Training that a majority of the players cannot complete. These numbers may have changed if I released this poll today.

9. Do you have high expectations for Anniversary V?

39%: Unsure, I will wait and see

35%: Yes, I have enjoyed Anniversary events overall

19%: Yes, I feel the develops will make the next event better

7%: No, it will fail

Last year the players voted 53% for Unsure, while only 13% stating they enjoyed Anniversary overall. This year Unsure deceased to 39% while Enjoy increased to 35%! All it takes is a good Boss Event to make us happy! The complaints for Anniversary IV were very minimal. This year all the backlash has happened after Anniversary.

10. What do you expect the next Major Change to be? (Choose up to 5)

Top 10

49%: Win-based Progression in PVP

47%: Shield Rank above Level 125

45%: Clearance Level 9 for PVP

37%: Rebalance/Buff to weaker characters (e.g. Nick Fury, Psylocke)

28%: Solution for the 6th cover (e.g. colorless covers)

25%: Increased 4/5* percentage in tokens

21%: Shield Training event for New 4* Character Releases (Rogue)

20%: More ways to earn CP/LT

19%: More Iso rewarded

19%: More Crash of Titans (4* DDQ)

A majority of the voters stated the question seemed more like a Wish List. Admittedly, that is because I took most of the choices from my Third Year-End poll from last year. 49% were correct as PVP Win-Based was announced later the same day I released this poll, along with the 37% for rebalances. I strangely picked the correct Fury and Psylocke as examples. I am still confused why they have not raised the SHIELD Rank cap yet. I just hit 100, so I am in no rush to 125 because I enjoy earning Exp and I would hate to see it go to waste. I would really love to a solution for the 6th cover problem.. this issue has been lingering on since the incarnation of this game. Let’s hope this is a 2018 initiative. SHIELD Training is here and we hate it.. read the surrounding posts about it. Clearance Level 9 should be around the corner, I just hope it’s a bigger difference from SCL8 because right now there is no reason to choose 8 over 7.

Well that is the end of Anniversary. Once again, thank you everyone for participating in this year’s poll. Now go win some Nightcrawlers!! That purple!!

Until next poll, Tom aka Punisher5784

Full Poll Results: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-QQ9R527D8/

• MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Thanks for doing these!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    On question 6 on if you champed Devil Dino the only 2 yes options were:
    • Yes, I love him
    • Yes, but I wish I did not or will regret it.
    I vote for the top one but i certainly don't love him...  Would have been nice to have a just yes or yes because I champion everyone option.  I had to make sure I'm not on the permanent record of loving Devil Dino... lol

Good poll overall, interested to see the results.
  • Punisher5784
    broll said:
    On question 6 on if you champed Devil Dino the only 2 yes options were:
    • Yes, I love him
    • Yes, but I wish I did not or will regret it.
    I vote for the top one but i certainly don't love him...  Would have been nice to have a just yes or yes because I champion everyone option.  I had to make sure I'm not on the permanent record of loving Devil Dino... lol

Good poll overall, interested to see the results.

If you spent the Iso to champ Dino you either love him or regret it lol, but you're right I should have included the "I champ everyone option"

Thanks for the feedback

• Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for the poll. It was a decent anniversary with some fun new content. But those 2-day events in pve were pretty unforgiving, didn't feel nice to see double-iso go to waste.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Found #10 really hard to answer. It forces 5 choices, but I feel one of the main reasons I enjoy this game, and have for a long time, is keeping my expectations low.

For example, the thing that's made me happiest so far this year in MPQ is probably the alt power preview feature.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Good poll, you put a lot of work into that 

I’m holding out hope of enough iso to champ Dino but I have 2 others before him who are priority 

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    For #10, there are only a couple that I'd say I actually expect to become a thing. The rest of my votes on that one were hopes, not expectations.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for doing this.
  • Punisher5784
    We received the 100+ responses and I will have the results with commentary soon! Thank you everyone that participated!
  • Punisher5784
    I posted the results below. I apologize if it is difficult to read. This is my first poll under the new Forum format. Anyways, enjoy and thanks again! :D