ISO-8 ONLY SALE! Huh?

2»

Comments

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    There is no sale on HP because people need HP to buy roster slots, and stuff out the vault. I expect Hp to go on sale after the AA vault ends
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    ZeroKarma said:

TO ALL NEW PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM AND IN THIS GAME, ONE WELL KNOWN FACT IS YOU NEVER BUY ISO-8. 

While you may think that selling a cover is the end of the world, it isn't. You can earn 78k ISO-8 by playing PVE daily and hitting DDQ and champing characters and Facebook friends and daily drops and SHIELD bonuses and the like. Whereas, it would take some real work and some saving to get 20k HP, ISO-8 bleeds from this game. 
    Sorry, but you're severely overstating the amount of ISO you can pile up daily - particularly if you're a new player OR have reasons not to be FB friends with a lot of people for a game.

I'm a 4* player, I get the SHIELD intercepts, play PVE and DDQ daily and my ISO gain is more in the 35k/day range. Yes, that's with champing characters and a 2-star farm, etc.

If I played up an SCL level I could pull in about 5k more in iso, but that's about it. The number of FB friends it would take for me to get another 40k plus to hit your numbers is more than I want to contemplate, particularly as someone who has a unique name and no intention whatsoever of adding 100s of people to my social media and making myself more publicly discoverable.

When I had a bit more time in my day I was also playing PVP and managing to scrape something in the 45k/day range.

Personally, I don't think the amount of ISO offered is a good value for the money, but that's not the same as "ISO is so easy to come by that you should never buy it". Which is simply not true and becomes less and less true the earlier a player you are in the game and the less ISO you get from your SCL level rewards.

My argument to your argument would be, if you can get $50 worth of ISO a day by playing, why would you pay for ISO? You can if there is an urgent need and you don't want to waste a cover, but that is really about it.

I'm not suggesting that I get 78,000  ISO a day but the influx is more than enough to champ characters when the need arises. This isn't everyone's situation and it is certainly different in the beginning, but considering you would need to spend $500 to champ a 4* at regular store prices, I don't know when it ever really makes sense. 

EDIT: Just realized Orion said exactly this more concisely. 
  • ZeroKarma
    1. Why are you assuming this is the only sale? This is just like anything else in the game. It's just there. It's existence requires no reaction on your part. Just because a phone rings, doesn't mean you have to answer.

Aes.

What if it's an emergency? Maybe there's a little girl in trouble or a cat stuck in a tree!

What if it won't stop ringing, and just keeps going and going and....

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Most of the people in this thread know what a whale is. So it blows my mind that you guys legitimately think no one buys Iso-8. I've seen it at all levels: people who spend thousands on this game, tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands. Is it really that inconceivable that some of these purchases are Iso-8? Some of these guys have 6 figure Hero Point levels......ever heard of the law of diminishing returns? You can only use HP for so much: if you don't need roster slots, have shielded in whatever PVP event, don't need health packs, and are done pulling from stores/vaults for the day, then your HP just sits there. If you've got 150K HP, then adding another 10K probably feels pretty trivial. 

Not the case for Iso. As long as there is unchamped/underleveled character on your roster, there will ALWAYS be a use for Iso-8. Yes the prices they offer for the amount you are given suck pretty bad, but that means nothing to a whale. So for those that already do spend on Iso-8, this deal is probably fantastic for them. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    ZeroKarma said:
    ZeroKarma said:

TO ALL NEW PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM AND IN THIS GAME, ONE WELL KNOWN FACT IS YOU NEVER BUY ISO-8. 

While you may think that selling a cover is the end of the world, it isn't. You can earn 78k ISO-8 by playing PVE daily and hitting DDQ and champing characters and Facebook friends and daily drops and SHIELD bonuses and the like. Whereas, it would take some real work and some saving to get 20k HP, ISO-8 bleeds from this game. 
    Sorry, but you're severely overstating the amount of ISO you can pile up daily - particularly if you're a new player OR have reasons not to be FB friends with a lot of people for a game.

I'm a 4* player, I get the SHIELD intercepts, play PVE and DDQ daily and my ISO gain is more in the 35k/day range. Yes, that's with champing characters and a 2-star farm, etc.

If I played up an SCL level I could pull in about 5k more in iso, but that's about it. The number of FB friends it would take for me to get another 40k plus to hit your numbers is more than I want to contemplate, particularly as someone who has a unique name and no intention whatsoever of adding 100s of people to my social media and making myself more publicly discoverable.

When I had a bit more time in my day I was also playing PVP and managing to scrape something in the 45k/day range.

Personally, I don't think the amount of ISO offered is a good value for the money, but that's not the same as "ISO is so easy to come by that you should never buy it". Which is simply not true and becomes less and less true the earlier a player you are in the game and the less ISO you get from your SCL level rewards.

My argument to your argument would be, if you can get $50 worth of ISO a day by playing, why would you pay for ISO? You can if there is an urgent need and you don't want to waste a cover, but that is really about it.

I'm not suggesting that I get 78,000  ISO a day but the influx is more than enough to champ characters when the need arises. This isn't everyone's situation and it is certainly different in the beginning, but considering you would need to spend $500 to champ a 4* at regular store prices, I don't know when it ever really makes sense. 

EDIT: Just realized Orion said exactly this more concisely. 
    My apologies, I misread. I agree that it's easily attainable even at lower levels over the course of a few days through regular play.
  • ZeroKarma
    Most of the people in this thread know what a whale is. So it blows my mind that you guys legitimately think no one buys Iso-8. I've seen it at all levels: people who spend thousands on this game, tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands. Is it really that inconceivable that some of these purchases are Iso-8? Some of these guys have 6 figure Hero Point levels......ever heard of the law of diminishing returns? You can only use HP for so much: if you don't need roster slots, have shielded in whatever PVP event, don't need health packs, and are done pulling from stores/vaults for the day, then your HP just sits there. If you've got 150K HP, then adding another 10K probably feels pretty trivial. 

Not the case for Iso. As long as there is unchamped/underleveled character on your roster, there will ALWAYS be a use for Iso-8. Yes the prices they offer for the amount you are given suck pretty bad, but that means nothing to a whale. So for those that already do spend on Iso-8, this deal is probably fantastic for them. 
    I have absolutely seen people buying ISO-8, including whales. That doesn't mean that this is a particularly wise way to spend your money. Buying HP lets you buy packs and vaults as you mentioned. Sure, you may need to use ISO to champ some characters that you pulled, but you are also getting a bonus from champing everything as well.

So, while there are purchasers, I want you to consider that a whale spending tens of thousands of dollars is getting ISO from these additional resources. I'm a small to medium-sized whale by my estimation and I have every character champed that I can (with many duplicates), and all of the others leveled as far as they can be.....and I have 2.3 million ISO in the bank. Even if I magically were to get Thor covered and 13 Angel covers and some for Nico and MEH tomorrow, I could do so and have plenty to spare. 

There will come a point when ISO is never a limiting factor on your progress. Even now, it is only a temporary roadblock. One that can be earned directly in a significant amount, and has no other use in the game, whereas HP can buy tokens, can be used for shield and health packs. 

• Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    The sale is probably aimed at new players for a reason. If they believe they are getting value for the $ then they are. While many of us veterans with expansive rosters understand this sale is not a sale to us at all, because we can amass about 40K - 60Kiso in a days play, just depends on how your playing and what your selling. Just giving the heads up though even if you amass 20k a day $100 for 100k isn't really worth it in aspect, even with the multitude of scenarios. New players do what you will, but just play what you can and you can amass that amount quicker than what you think.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Eh, cover expiration drives iso sales. I'm pretty sure even a brand new player realizes they will eventually earn any amount for free. It's about players who happen to be forked, have to decide whether to lose a cover or spend to save it now now now. 

Of course those covers come back around, but new players might not have acquired that long view yet.

And some crazy souls just believe in paying for heir entertainment.
    That's why I said even with the multitude of possible scenarios, which I consider cover expiration as one, the sale still isn't worth it. I would rather sell a champed 2* or 3* if I had a five that was dependent on that cover expiring, but I won't be in that situation for a while. 
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    No one buys ISO...no one.....Period.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    DaBeast, that’s not true! I’ve bought plenty! Oh, wait you said ISO, I thought you said drugs... I wouldn’t waste money on ISO. 
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    The value of Iso has dropped dramatically over time yet it still costs the same. If you want it to be even with HP in value then each Iso option needs to be boosted 10 times at the least. I will always think that Mother Load should be 1m Iso.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I have spent money on HP over the years but I have never, ever spent money on ISO-8 and never will.  Just waiting for the HP sale.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    This has got to be the worst excuse of a sale ever.

Reduce the amount by 20% from 97,500 to 78,000.
    Increase the price by 11% from 89.99 EUR to 99.99 EUR.
    Give a bonus of 30% from 78,000 to 101,400.

So for this sale I get 101,400 for 99.99 EUR (or 1,014 Iso-8/EUR)
    in stead of 97,500 for 89.99  EUR (or 1,083 Iso-8/EUR).
    A whopping bonus of 3,900 for 10 EUR (an effective loss of 6,935 Iso-8).

I'd best get right on that...
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    This has got to be the worst excuse of a sale ever.

Reduce the amount by 20% from 97,500 to 78,000.
    Increase the price by 11% from 89.99 EUR to 99.99 EUR.
    Give a bonus of 30% from 78,000 to 101,400.

So for this sale I get 101,400 for 99.99 EUR (or 1,014 Iso-8/EUR)
    in stead of 97,500 for 89.99  EUR (or 1,083 Iso-8/EUR).
    A whopping bonus of 3,900 for 10 EUR (an effective loss of 6,935 Iso-8).

I'd best get right on that...
    Same thing happened to me. A/B testing FTW!