Forgot to redmark non-available characters in 12 Days Of Christmas.

Options
It says I need an Avenger for the first mission but no character in the roster looks blocked. However only Avengers are available to fill the middle-spot. Thing is I don't know who is an Avenger and not so it's a lot of guessing going on here. Medusa? NOT! Cloak & Dagger? NOT? Riri? Approved!
Not a big issue, not time consuming to click one after another, but maybe good with a heads-up so this can be fixed for the remaning 11 days?

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would like to see essential character options to all be moved to the front of the roster in team selection. Not just for this event, but for all possible nodes that contain a certain (type of) required character, similar to loaner nodes.
  • Smart80
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Btw, other characters are never locked out, if you can still use them beside team leader spot
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This to me seems like a perfect missed opportunity to introduce filters for the pick your fighter screen.  Have filters for each rarity level, filters for 'families', filters for champed vs non-champed, etc.  It's a feature often asked for.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Guys, I've just talked with the rest of our team, and it seems that the auto select should select the strongest character in your roster that meets the required character's criteria. To verify, this is not the case of what you experienced? If possible, could you show us a PNG or JPEG screenshot of what you see when first entering the event, and we'll see what might be happening here.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    Hey Guys, I've just talked with the rest of our team, and it seems that the auto select should select the strongest character in your roster that meets the required character's criteria. To verify, this is not the case of what you experienced? If possible, could you show us a PNG or JPEG screenshot of what you see when first entering the event, and we'll see what might be happening here.
    First time i opened it, it put spiderwoman in front, not my champed im5 or bp5.. didnt screenshot it, but thats how i found out she is Avenger... ;-)
  • broll
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    If that's the case it's not working (or not designed well).  I'm pretty sure mine offered up Steve Rogers (First Avenger) L255 1/2/1 (I'm positive it was some version of cap, it might have been 3* L266 also).  I would think my Black Panther L360 5/4/2 would be the strongest Avenger I have (especially since he's the 3rd highest leveled character on my roster and a 5*).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Tombstone said:
    First time i opened it, it put spiderwoman in front, not my champed im5 or bp5.. didnt screenshot it, but thats how i found out she is Avenger... ;-)
    For me, it selected my level 370 Ironheart.  She's a solid character, but I have 5* Black Panther and 5* Iron Man both at level 459.

Maybe it's choosing strongest by number of champ levels?  Or maybe just most recently used, because I used her in the Earth's Mightiest PvP this morning.
  • Smart80
    Options
    I think it has to be most recently used, or it had to have selected Carol or Riri for me.
    Was spiderwoman in dpd burrito not long ago?

either way, doesnt work as intended and a filter function would solve everything
  • broll
    Options
    It doesn't seem to be just 12 days either.  The required characters in the Apocalypse event seem to be auto-selecting lower level variants and not locking out the non-applicables.  For the storm node it auto-selected a 1* level 1 storm and I had page through about 11 pages to find the 2* or 3* (I missed the 3* in the glob of characters and just settled for 2* when i found her).
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know I don't have the biggest roster (177 rostered characters), but it is a pain to scroll around searching for a specific character, especially when they are ISO boosted and not where you normally expect them.

I shouldn't have to spend more taps on my character selection screen looking for various people than in the actual match playing against Apocalypse.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Only the middle, "leader" character needs to be part of the featured family. The other 2 characters can be unaffiliated or affiliated with any other family.

The way I see it, it's kind of like the "Dat Required Character" node in Deadpool's Daily Quest
  • Smart80
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Only the middle, "leader" character needs to be part of the featured family. The other 2 characters can be unaffiliated or affiliated with any other family.

The way I see it, it's kind of like the "Dat Required Character" node in Deadpool's Daily Quest
    But with the big difference, its not 1 particular character this time, but part of a group. And who are all part of that group isnt clear in the current way the team(leader) selection is now portrayed. Cant expect us to keep track of all affiliations with so many characters.. 

It would be very useful to have the possible leaders shown separate from the roster in some way. Possibly in front of the roster, kinda like in a loaner node, where you see dupes as well. Or with different color around it in the roster. Or maybe even better, with selection criteria like in roster, but not just with stars, but also boosted, fully covered, champed and affiliation selections, or whatever criteria might be applicable for the situation.

And we were imagining if it would have been more fun, if whole team would have had to meet criteria.. I think it would have..
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it pre-selected 2* Thor as my middle character .... which is definitely not my highest qualifying character (champed 4* Carol met the Avengers criteria, as it turned out)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:

And we were imagining if it would have been more fun, if whole team would have had to meet criteria.. I think it would have..
    That might have made it very difficult for players to complete all 12 Days, though.  Fielding three members of “Spider-Man Family” requires a fairly limited set of 4* characters to get a full three not named Peter Parker.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    Something like this:

• Smart80
    Options
    Dayv said:
    Smart80 said:

That might have made it very difficult for players to complete all 12 Days, though.  Fielding three members of “Spider-Man Family” requires a fairly limited set of 4* characters to get a full three not named Peter Parker.
    I didnt say it was a foolproof plan... :-) 

We off course leave it up to d3 to get balanced groups and implement it all, like all great planners do. Ghehe
  • broll
    Options
    Today the X-Men suggested L284 Prof X when I have a L287 Rogue:

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Guys, I'm not entirely sure how this selection process happens, but I want to make sure with everyone - are you getting at least someone placed into the middle of your selections screen when you open the team editor?

I'm currently under the assumption that the middle character was left empty when the original poster first opened the event, and they didn't know who to select for this empty slot. Can anyone confirm if they have seen an empty team slot on the event at all? If so, please provide us with the screenshot showing that the middle slot is empty so we can confirm, and please provide us with the steps taken so that we can attempt to reproduce the issue described.
  • broll
    Options
    No, it's not empty.  It's just a random from that team.  Since no characters are blocked out as red and the best team member for that team (or at least the one you want) could be 3-20 pages back it's hard to find them.  It should either block out unusables when middle slot is selected (like the old heroics but just on that one position) or have a way to filter by team from the character sub screen (which would be a great QOL improvement overall, having lots of filter options is good when there are hundreds of characters).
  • Smart80
    Options
    broll said:
    No, it's not empty.  It's just a random from that team.  Since no characters are blocked out as red and the best team member for that team (or at least the one you want) could be 3-20 pages back it's hard to find them.  It should either block out unusables when middle slot is selected (like the old heroics but just on that one position) or have a way to filter by team from the character sub screen (which would be a great QOL improvement overall, having lots of filter options is good when there are hundreds of characters).
    +1