PVP Shields = great revenue?

2»

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    @aesthetocyst nailed it (again, as usual). A good healthy game with a virtual currency system always needs to keep the in-game economy in balanced.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Broll, you just don't get it. People DO NOT want to play all/most of a PvP event! That's insane.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Aces is a late climbing leech with a 1200+ day roster with multiple champed 5s.

If everybody would play like him, there would be no 1200+ on one or zero shields, so he'd have to spend more HP.
    Who flagged Bow's post, lol. He is 99% correct! I'm at 1400+. 

The front runners have to burn *way* more shields and PvP is truly a trickle down economy. Without the wonderful front runners all slices would be like S2.

I got into the PvP leech play style learning from my OG alliance (shout-out to Bee, Nogard & S.H.I.E.L.D) and just can't break the habit. I do help a little by hitting snipers from down low. :)

But...you too can be a leech and hit 900 everytime with little shield usage. Or truly have fun and frontrun and help the MPQ community! 

Actually, if MPQ would do away with PvP time slices I'd try and frontrun more. :wink:
    And that's the funny thing.  Win based encouraged if not forced people to play all/most of the event allowing for more point distribution...  On top of that there's a lot more scrubs like me standing around unsheilded being cupcakes for you guys that care about placement.  
    Broll, you just don't get it. People DO NOT want to play all/most of a PvP event! That's insane.

Oh no I 100% get that.  However, does people playing only tiny portions of the event and getting the best rewards sound correct to you?  You tell me I need to play right, I'm saying you need to play right and the game should have penaltys if you don't.  This is my point the veteran player base IMO has warped the game to suit their playstyle via gaming / making work a poorly implemented system and the devs let it happen for so long that the establishment base of players isn't willing to let go.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    broll said:
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Aces is a late climbing leech with a 1200+ day roster with multiple champed 5s.

If everybody would play like him, there would be no 1200+ on one or zero shields, so he'd have to spend more HP.
    Who flagged Bow's post, lol. He is 99% correct! I'm at 1400+. 

The front runners have to burn *way* more shields and PvP is truly a trickle down economy. Without the wonderful front runners all slices would be like S2.

I got into the PvP leech play style learning from my OG alliance (shout-out to Bee, Nogard & S.H.I.E.L.D) and just can't break the habit. I do help a little by hitting snipers from down low. :)

But...you too can be a leech and hit 900 everytime with little shield usage. Or truly have fun and frontrun and help the MPQ community! 

Actually, if MPQ would do away with PvP time slices I'd try and frontrun more. :wink:
    And that's the funny thing.  Win based encouraged if not forced people to play all/most of the event allowing for more point distribution...  On top of that there's a lot more scrubs like me standing around unsheilded being cupcakes for you guys that care about placement.  

Oh no I 100% get that.  However, does people playing only tiny portions of the event and getting the best rewards sound correct to you?  You tell me I need to play right, I'm saying you need to play right and the game should have penaltys if you don't.  This is my point the veteran player base IMO has warped the game to suit their playstyle via gaming / making work a poorly implemented system and the devs let it happen for so long that the establishment base of players isn't willing to let go.
    Dude, this has nothing to do with playing "right". It has everything to do with flexibility, and playing in a way that fits your schedule. Do you not recall all the complaints when win-based was active of the people who felt like they were forced to play one or the other? Being an optimal PVE player AND also giving the full 2 days to a PVP event is a LOT. One generally has to give in some kind of way or the other, and it's usually the one that doesn't require you to play at specific times if you want to place well. Just because we have a rosters that are capable of scoring 900 points in a 1-2 sitdowns and an hour so doesn't mean we've "warped" the game. Where are your complaints then about the people in the wins-based system that intentionally tanked matches and points so that they could stay at lower point levels and specifically fight easier qs? Was that not "gaming" the system? 

EDIT: This was NOT supposed to be yet another points-based/wins-based argument. Apologies to the OP.