game not loading in steam after update

Options
spatenfloot
spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
After installing the latest update on steam, the game will not load.  Multiple people have reported this on the steam page.

Comments

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Have you tried uninstalling it entirely and then reinstalling?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 978 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What OS are you using? What does the error report say? 
  • spatenfloot
    Options
    Windows PC. There is no error report. It just does nothing.
  • Dogface
    Options
    Do you use Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7,8 or 10?
    Because support for XP has stopped, and for Vista too perhaps
  • spatenfloot
    Options
    Windows 7
  • Dogface
    Options
    Then I don't know. I too have issues with the game not starting, but I'm still on Vista. According to the error report it should have something to do with the Microsoft Visual C++, but reinstalling that didnt help. I've installed Steam on a laptop, though it's terribly slow but at least it runs (under W10).
    Getting it back to work on my PC would be much more appreciated.
  • 4windz
    4windz Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    yeah its already 7 days since this error. 
    re installing 5 times and still dont work for me
    maybe they would like to close MPQ on steam.
  • Dogface
    Options
    Why would they close down MPQ on Steam? As long as it brings in money, they will keep it on there
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Try installing the Redistributable in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Marvel Puzzle Quest\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2017 I've had to do this before when the game fails to launch.

• 4windz
    edited December 2017
    Options
    meekersX said:
    Try installing the Redistributable in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Marvel Puzzle Quest\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2017 I've had to do this before when the game fails to launch.
    its not work for me

[Mod edit- fixed quote formatting -Dayv]
  • Dogface
    Options
    Sadly, R142 hasn't helped fix this issue. From what I gather from different sources, it looks like the problem is connected to the OS you're using. Me on Vista ( I know, old but it worked perfectly until and including R140) and others on Windows 7. 
    I can still play on a laptop with W10, but it's excruciatingly slow. A good question might be why that is, after all we're talking about a match-3 game, not the newest Call of Duty
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi @spatenfloot The minimum OS required to run the game is Windows 7, so you should be able to play the game still. Would you mind providing either the text or a screenshot of the exact error you're encountering?
  • Dogface
    Options
    @Brigby since when is W7 the minimum OS, bc as said before, i played through R140 without problem on Vista
  • spatenfloot
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi @spatenfloot The minimum OS required to run the game is Windows 7, so you should be able to play the game still. Would you mind providing either the text or a screenshot of the exact error you're encountering?
    @Brigby I would, but there is nothing to take a screenshot of. When launching the game in steam, the window pops up saying the game is loading and then disappears. Nothing else happens and it does not load. If you read the steam page comments, many other people have posted the same thing.
    Also, take a look at the Windows PC edition thread in this forum.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Brigby since when is W7 the minimum OS, bc as said before, i played through R140 without problem on Vista
    Apologies for the confusion. We now realize that when we raised the minimum to Windows 7 in R140, we only brought to attention Windows XP issues with the discontinuation, but we did not highlight Windows Vista alongside it.
    @spatenflootsaid:
    I would, but there is nothing to take a screenshot of. When launching the game in steam, the window pops up saying the game is loading and then disappears. Nothing else happens and it does not load. If you read the steam page comments, many other people have posted the same thing.
    Also, take a look at the Windows PC edition thread in this forum.
    Hmm peculiar. Well I've brought this issue up to the attention of the developers, so they are certainly aware of and investigating it.
  • 4windz
    Options
    yeah brigby please brought up this issue to dev. its already 3 weeks we can't play MPQ
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone. We have updated a setting on Steam that may have had something to do with this issue. If players could please update the game, or try loading in if you have auto-update enabled, and see if that allows you to load the game.

Thanks!
  • spatenfloot
    Options
    Sorry, the game still doesn't load.
  • 4windz
    Options
    yeah still not work for me
  • Brigby
    Options
    @spatenfloot @4windz  Did any of you see a prompt to install the Microsoft 2015 C++ redistributable file?