Hardest 5* Essential Node

2»

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heart of Darkness Sub 3- 4* Medusa, 5* Black Bolt, 4* Lockjaw
    I didn't have as much trouble with the 4* IF/LC/MB (admittedly I was on SCL 8 for this run), but was bringing in my own Mockingbird. Opportunist powers don't trigger Cage's defense.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Deadpool vs MPQ Sub 1- 4* Iron Fist, 4* Luke Cage, 4* Mockingbird
    After I voted, I looked at the results and went, "Whoops.  Yup that Royal Family node was the worst".

The Cage/Fist/MB one wasn't too bad for me because I have a good Spidey.  Stun Cage and let Gambit blow him away.  Without Gambit, that one is pretty dumb too.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Orion said:
    After I voted, I looked at the results and went, "Whoops.  Yup that Royal Family node was the worst".

The Cage/Fist/MB one wasn't too bad for me because I have a good Spidey.  Stun Cage and let Gambit blow him away.  Without Gambit, that one is pretty dumb too.
    Umm, you are sort of underselling the lead there:

"This 5* essential node was easy because of the featured 5*.  I just use that awesome featured 5* to stun cage.  Then my champed 5* gambit curb stomps everything.  Featured 5* is my mvp!"
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Rogue, 4* Wolverine, 3* Colossus
    4* Medusa, 5* Black Bolt, 4* Lockjaw
    5* Thanos, 4* Vulture, 3* Daken

Those are the only 3 I couldn't beat 7 times with my "probably shouldn't be in SCL9" roster. So, I could probably pick any of those, but I'll go with the Royal family because they annihilated me to the point where I'm not even sure I could've done it with infinite health packs.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    The Inhumans was just nasty.  I’ll admit I wiped numerous times just trying to get 14 AP to use a whales TU.

The order after that one is debatable because it depends on strategy and boosted characters.  Whether you use Gambit, Coulson/Hawkeye, invisibility, stunners, brute force, or some other strategy makes a big difference. The Cage/Fist/MB node was tough with most strategies, but very susceptibile to invisibility.  
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Inhumane node is the only 5* E I wiped to many times. In fact had to factor in extra grind time for it.  Very challenging but hey, I want a challenge plus that means my bracket mates needs to play that node too.  
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Most difficult trio.. But can still be neutralized by 5HE-coulson combo!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I found the node in simulator with Rogue, Gambit and Jean Grey worse than all these 5* nodes. But i play in SCL 7, so it might be exponentially harder in SCL8 and 9
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Mockingbird/C4ge/D4nny is the first node to this day that I just could NOT do without throwing Whales for the last 2 clears. And I did CL8, can't imagine what the CL9 folks went through. Use any abilities that's not stunning C4ge, and you've got some pretty beefy protect tiles slowing the match down considerably. Any accidental match 4/5s, and Mockingbird charges up a nuke for any 1 of the 3. Let IF get any of his abilities off, and he's just giving himself free AP for the next attack. Not an issue when they're not boosted to ridiculous health pool levels, but at 40K a piece it just wasn't happening, even with the boost list I had. 

Medusa/BB/Lockjaw wasn't so bad for me. Bringing your own Medusa helped give your team AP or keep folks alive, and BB's charge tile generation always has the potential to work in your favor. Stuns and nukes can make light work of them, though you're definitely still gonna need health packs after the match. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    To me, Heart of Darkness with BB Medusa and Lockjaw just sucks.  Wiped too many times on that node. 
    That node is just rude.
  • spidersensei13
    spidersensei13 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I don't know how, but I cleared the inhuman nod first time! Didn't do it again though, so really can't say if it was a fluke!
    The Thanos-Vulture-Daken node, however, has crippled me. No matter what I do, I think I've only managed to complete that once.
    I think if I wasn't able to one punch man them with my champed Moon Knight, it would have been really bad. but yeah, the Royal Family one was tough as hell
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally would have voted for the Nova+2 feeder node, but it wasn't an option
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    voted for inhumans, they were really nasty! next hardest was mockingbird, if, cage