Hardest 5* Essential Node

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
With some of the current talk about which 5* E node is the hardest, it got me wondering which one really is the hardest.  Now I do understand that the required 5* is very important in this topic, because having 1/2 covers changes this drastically, but even without that some of these nodes are just ugly. 
With looking at this, I am only looking at tile movers (non goons). Reason is the forums only lets me do 10 questions for a poll. So I am only looking at 3 characters that move tiles even though I know some of the non tile movers can be hard if they get going.
This will only be for the PVE events they have ran with this.  Here is the list of PVEs we have has so far.
Venom Bomb
Unstable ISO-8
Heart of Darkness
Webbed Wonder
Honor Among Thieves
Simulator
Deadpool vs MPQ
The Hunt
Thick as Thieves
Meet Rockett & Groot
Enemy of the State 
Strange Sights

Hardest 5* Essential Node 121 votes

Venom Bomb Sub 3- 4* Venom, 3* Doc Ock, 4* Sandman
0%
Lord_Mephisto 1 vote
Heart of Darkness Sub 3- 4* Medusa, 5* Black Bolt, 4* Lockjaw
66%
DayvWobbyZeiramMRPorkBellyfreakygeekKolenceYasuruelvy75ScottieJoJorixmithBowgentleBearVengerkillercoolxKOBALTxrbdragonatomzedbuddy2034Punter1notamutantSnowcaTT 81 votes
Simulator Sub 1- 4* Rogue, 4* Wolverine, 3* Colossus
3%
OldManWolvsLifeofAgonyLandalePenniesForEveryone 4 votes
Simulator Sub 2- 3* Colossus, 5* Jean Grey, 5* Wolverine
0%
Simulator Sub 3- 3* Cyclops, 3* Magneto, 4* Professor X
0%
Deadpool vs MPQ Sub 1- 4* Iron Fist, 4* Luke Cage, 4* Mockingbird
22%
SpoitsinnerjflEbolamonkey84GrimSkaldwymtimeNajboljiNabistayTiggidasteakleatherPunisher5784LukoilPiro_plockcyineedsnOrionsmkspyCdubb1975The Viceroy Returnsevade420FelessaInfectiousYawn 27 votes
Deadpool vs MPQ Sub 2- 5* Thanos, 4* Vulture, 3* Daken
6%
Keirain1982PessiJ0nnythejigMoosePrimetm8Mjolnirmight2Dax317MrKotlet 8 votes
The Hunt Sub 1- 3* Daken, 5* Green Goblin, 2* Ares
0%

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    To me, Heart of Darkness with BB Medusa and Lockjaw just sucks.  Wiped too many times on that node. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy choice 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bolt Medusa Lockjaw.

Although Mockingbird Fist Cage is also off the charts.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Would be surprised if the poll isn’t 100% the B.B. Medusa Lockjaw node 

Sub 1 DP vs MPQ is tough but there are all active powers - venom bomb is passive death before you even fire a power 
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    BB, Medusa, lockjaw. This node is the one I would retreat after first couple turns especially when your strongest color has some charged tiles... 
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    The inhumans royalty is the toughest. their synergy is really very good. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's only one node I've had to DROP ALL THE WHALES each and every time I've faced it - Medusa, BB and Lockjaw.  Makes me want to get all of these characters up to a decent level so I can try it myself in Sim.
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Deadpool vs MPQ Sub 2- 5* Thanos, 4* Vulture, 3* Daken
    I don't know how, but I cleared the inhuman nod first time! Didn't do it again though, so really can't say if it was a fluke!
    The Thanos-Vulture-Daken node, however, has crippled me. No matter what I do, I think I've only managed to complete that once.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I can't remember which 5* was featured for those (and which of those I have Championed), so I went with the worst one based on power synergy and overall "sneakiness"
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    Bolt Medusa Lockjaw.

Although Mockingbird Fist Cage is also off the charts.
    In terms of toughest to beat these two hands down.  But I voted for the Rogue one because it took FOREVER and caused me to screw up the timing of my final grind and really killed my placement.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Voting like most everyone else.

I know the goon nodes are usually easier, but I will say the Mindless One nodes from HAT were pretty tough on me without Gambattery/Jean.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easy vote, where is the inhumans option? Click, check.

The DP vs MPQ are also difficult, but nothing rivals the Heart of Darkness one, it really needs  a fix.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpool vs MPQ Sub 1- 4* Iron Fist, 4* Luke Cage, 4* Mockingbird

It was a bit of a toss up for me between this one and the one that most people voted for - the reason I went with this one is that I default to CoulHawk to clear the 5* nodes, particularly if my 5* is low.  Luke makes CoulHawk so, so very much more difficult.

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I just chose based on emotional memory, but it was gratifying to see everyone else picking the Royals as well.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely Bolt/Medusa/Lockjaw. 

It's wild how a champed Gambit makes everything trivial, though. Now the 5* nodes are just as easy as everything else, they just take a bit longer.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    The hardest over-scaled nodes are always the ones with passive damage and good-but-squishy support characrers with way more health than they should have.

Hood, strange, bb, 3fist, vulture, and medusa arw the type of characters that become extea challenging when they start tanking as well as doing all their other good stuff.  

Add in some good characrer synergy (like the inhuman royals, or that old gauntlet node of 3fist + switch + 3cage) and it's pretty easy to predict which nodes/characters give us the most trouble at 500+.

Inhuman royals or gambit + rogue + jg are about as nasty a combo as exists in the game now.  Strong, unavoidable passive damage, defensive passives that make the player less efficient, and self-accel to drop an active power hammer if the player takes to long.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I believe I used 4-5 whales in that 5e for HoD sub 3.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    May I nominate, Thick as Thives: Scotland yard - Jugg+Muscle+Moonstone.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely this one from HoD, but a very close 2nd place goes to Sim sub 1- IF4, LC4, MB.

I didn't have the essential 5 champed for the last run of either, but I still managed to eek out 5 clears in Sim, HoD..... 3, maybe.....
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Part of this is tough to answer because it really depends on the 5* ess we’re getting to use.  On their own, Rogue drives me crazy.  Especially at Lvl 515.