The Hunt PVE: The Hunt for TAPPERS!!

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Since the last one I posted had Thanos, and then some how they changed 5* essential, lets try this again.  The Hunt will be 3-24 hours subs, not 24/48/24, and will have Daredevil as the 5* essential!!!  This is great cause you and Thanos him and he heals!!  WOOT WOOT!!  After talking to a friend, he gave me the best way to tap tap tap.

Sub 1:Alaska

Tapping Target:  Clever Girl

Characters:  Yelena, Venom, Goon

Point Total of Tapping:  3

Plan of Attack:  Yelena is low health and should be able to be taken out quickly

Your Team:  5* Thanos, 5* Boosted Dare Devil, Anybody else you can spare. 

Sub 2: Dreaded Florida and Jump Sets.  Blah

Tapping Target:  3* Essential

Characters:  Goon, Goon, Goon

Point Total of Tapping:  2

Plan of Attack:  Hit the Goons.  Very straight forward.

Your Team:  5* Boosted Dare Devil, 3* Essential Scarlet Witch, 5* Phoenix or a heavy Purple user.  This will take a bit longer unless you want to Thanos it all, but will be heavy Health Pack requirement. 

Sub 3: Savage Lands

Tapping Target:  5* Essential

Characters:  Goon, Goon, Goon

Point Total of Tapping:  4

Plan of Attack:  Hit the Goons.  Very straight forward.

Your Team:  5* Thanos, 5* Boosted Dare Devil, Anybody else you can spare. 

This event is very heavy Dark Avengers, so some nodes will take some time.  If you have any suggestions, please leave below. 

Comments

• Mercator
    Mercator Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    3* essential is worth 2 points :)

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you just looking at my roster and trying to pick events that it would tinykttty me off to do this one?   :*
  • The rockett
    Yea I fixed the cope and paste error. 
  • The rockett
    If I were playing and tapping, I'd be hitting all of those with Gambolt. Over and over and over again.

That is, unless 5trangeBolt proves faster now that animations are off. They're more autopilot, require fewer power firings. haven't done a time comparison. I should do that this event, to be ready. Ready to play and tap, like, if I was going to play. And tap.

P.S. — Your friend is a wise and well-informed man who makes expert choices.
    Why yes he is!!  
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I just champed DD a couple weeks ago and it has Vulture rewards. Count me in. But I may pick a different node to tap.
  • The rockett
    I just champed DD a couple weeks ago and it has Vulture rewards. Count me in. But I may pick a different node to tap.
    Which one? Please tell us. 
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    I usually do the 5* node in level 7 or 8 but in 9 I would probably go with your strategy.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    What is tapping?

I'm not hip with the lingo like you guys.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Good third for the Thanos DD pairing:
    1) OML (make sure you go 5+ matches)
    2) PHX (let her resurrect every so often)
    3) Surfer (spend extra time on blue to heal every so often)
    4) 3 R&Groot (match yellow every so often)
    5) Other 100+ unused toons in destroyed in order 
  • The rockett
    Excited that they didn't change this 5* E, Daredevil, this time. Can't wait to see everybody tapping 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    What is tapping?

I'm not hip with the lingo like you guys.
    Going beyond playing optimally. Hitting a node repeatedly to produce more points than other players.

Premeditated winning on purpose.

LOL,  Isn't that what every coach wants?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    You won't see everyone tapping. The kind of tapping you want everyone to do is probably not doable for 70% of the playerbase. Which would not make it as widespread of a problem as you try to make it.

Yes I am sure it's annoying to have your "optimal play" be out optimized by someone willing or able to put in silly amounts of time hitting one node over and over. They put more effort than you into a broken system so they should get the reward. 

The system does need changed somehow though. Similar to PvP the current system is bonkers and only benefits the tippy top percent willing to exploit the broken system.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017

The only time I'd even consider something like this is if my final clears take less time than expected so I have spare time, and it could make a difference in placement.  I already spend way too much time playing and reading / writing about this game.

:edit: This post brought to you by the number 4 and the word "time".

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    do you have non-5 star recommendations?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    do you have non-5 star recommendations?
    Two of the nodes are 3x goons, so SWitch, Teen Jean and Strange should cruise (subbing 5* Daredevil for Strange in the essemtial).  Honestly, that same team probably mops up Yelena, Venom and goon in Sub 1, too.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    aesthetocyst said:
    tiomono said:
    You won't see everyone tapping. The kind of tapping you want everyone to do is probably not doable for 70% of the playerbase. Which would not make it as widespread of a problem as you try to make it.
    You've made this kind of comment before, so I'll remind you again that ....

tiomono said:
    ...  only ... the tippy top percent willing to exploit the broken system.
    ... is all it takes.

The devs have tied themselves in knots overthinking this one. They need continued encouragement. It doesn't take much. Just enough to affect top placements.
    So instead of 5-10% tapping you guys are on some crusade to try and push that number way higher. What does that accomplish? Devs will see engagement numbers up and assume all is well.

Alternatively if they see around 10% consistently punching higher than the general crowd (by the numbers you guys put out it's significantly higher numbers that the tappers put out) then they will see it as a problem worth addressing. 

You just better hope that when they do address it it's not like the attempted versus fix that was the wins based fiasco.

Again I am not saying it's fine as is. It obviously needs changed. Just I feel it's ridiculous to try and get everyone to tap.
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Instead of tapping every sub for an hour, tap the first sub for 3 or 4 hours.  It will be the easiest sub to tap and you lose less points since refreshed points are way lower then final sub.  OML, DD at 1/2 health, Thanos will make quick work of 3 point node.  Devs will probably be overjoyed at the renewed interest in the game (increase of daily play time), but oh well.  I'm not participating, but I do hope for a big turnout. tappy tap, tappy tap, tappy tap
  • Eec411
    Eec411 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    You don’t want to tap with thanos. Gambattery phx dd is going to be fast and won’t require you to find new court death fodder. 
  • The rockett
    edited December 2017
    Nope.  All seem the same. For now. Don't worry I will PM you. LOL
  • DrStrangelov3
    DrStrangelov3 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    I'm very confused by this. I had an extra few hours today, so thought I would support the tap, tap, tapping and after I finished my 4th clear of everything went ahead and tapped on Clever Girl. That node went immediately to zero after clear 6, so I thought...maybe they meant Clever Girl 2, so tapped that node. It dropped to 1 point after the 6th clear.

Now I'm not too concerned, as I wasn't playing for placement this time around anyway, but your OP suggest that Clever Girl will be worth 3 points per tap, but I'm still showing zero after about 20 minutes for it to regen?  

PS, I'm still a new player in SCL4, so does that make a difference on the point value?