Limited Time Avengers Vault & Legendary Store (12/8/17)

Comments

• evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    there should be at least 3 avengers legendary tokens in the vault and no 2*s
    even then its really odd
    and it should last at least a week not 3-4 days
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Look at it this way, the vault is there for folks to buff their avengers for the off season PVP Earths Mightiest.  if you get a Avengers Assemble token, its a chance at a likely buffed 5* for that event.  
  • Zobaken
    Zobaken Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    DJSquiggy said:
    Look at it this way, the vault is there for folks to buff their avengers for the off season PVP Earths Mightiest.  if you get a Avengers Assemble token, its a chance at a likely buffed 5* for that event.  
    Please don't defend this travesty. :|
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    What are the chances this is the next group of 5s to be updated as champ rewards?
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    maltyo9 said:
    What are the chances this is the next group of 5s to be updated as champ rewards?
    Probably not rumor has it daredevil is one of the next batch
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    This isn't part of a new character release like the Sakaar vault was so it's inoffensive in that regard. It's about the same as any vault, really, it was just released at this time because they're trying to get spenders to deplete their HP now so they purchase more around the holiday sales and stores / vaults. They did something like this last year too. It's just gentle coaxing / temptation without actually giving anything away.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm looking forward to the X-Men: United Vault that contains 1 Legendary X-Men for a 1:7 chance at 5* Gambit, OML and Phoenix
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    irwando said:
    Exactly what was being smoked when this decision was made?  I would like some.

Really? But you'll end of holding a garage sale of all your best mediocre things but end up not selling anything because you overpriced them...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very hard to understand the thought process behind this token/vault. Other than maybe a test of just how many levels of rng people will accept before they stop spending.

Thanks for the info brigby. But sorry demi/d3, you can and should do better.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    Sakaar: 1:533 for any 5.  1:1600 for thor
    avengers 1:560 for any 5 1:1680 for specific avenger

If you need hawkeye, im46, natasha, wait til they are featured in a release store again.  
    Odds are the same between the two. The store page saying ~1:7 should really be 3/20.

Those are still very long odds either way, of course.
    ~1:7 means about 1:7

3:20  ::  1:6.667

About ~1:7 seems pretty accurate to me. I’d rather have a percent like we had before, but what’s posted is accurate, just not as clear as it should be. 
  • broll
    I'm looking forward to the X-Men: United Vault that contains 1 Legendary X-Men for a 1:7 chance at 5* Gambit, OML and Phoenix
    You’re the second person to mention this. Source?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    They created a lot of good will with the announcement of the ability to disable animations so they had to counter it with this new "store." Can it really be considered a store if it doesn't let you actually buy anything? They could have done something interesting like the legendary token in the vault also acts like a special key and then you unlock the store which would have a 25% chance of drawing a 5*. So you get people to buy out their Avengers vault and then they turn around and spend their cp stash. Swing and a miss.
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    shardwick said:
    They created a lot of good will with the announcement of the ability to disable animations so they had to counter it with this new "store." Can it really be considered a store if it doesn't let you actually buy anything? They could have done something interesting like the legendary token in the vault also acts like a special key and then you unlock the store which would have a 25% chance of drawing a 5*. So you get people to buy out their Avengers vault and then they turn around and spend their cp stash. Swing and a miss.
    That's actually rather clever!  I interpreted your explanation to mean that the token is a one-time unlock and then CP is spent on the store from there on out.
  • ramoramo86
    ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    All you need to know is 1/80 to get the Avengers token then it's 1:7 to a get a 5 star. No thank, but thank you for continuing to disappoint us, D3
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    ZeiramMR said:

If you need hawkeye, im46, natasha, wait til they are featured in a release store again.  
    Odds are the same between the two. The store page saying ~1:7 should really be 3/20.

About ~1:7 seems pretty accurate to me. I’d rather have a percent like we had before, but what’s posted is accurate, just not as clear as it should be. 
    You misunderstood. Shartattack was saying that this is worse odds than the Sakaar because s/he was multiplying by exactly 7. I was noting that the 85/15 % split makes it the same odds.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    That's actually rather clever!  I interpreted your explanation to mean that the token is a one-time unlock and then CP is spent on the store from there on out.
    Think of it like the special tokens in Strange Sights where you unlock the vault with the token but in this case you'd unlock the store and have a legendary. And yeah once the store is unlocked then you would spend your cp on it.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    ZeiramMR said:

The annoying thing about the "~1:X" way of showing odds is that the accuracy is variable depending on the value of X: the lower the value of X, the lower the accuracy.

"~1:7" could represent odds from 1:7.5 to 1:6.5, or 13.4% to 15.3%, giving a range of about 2%.

In contrast, the "~1:4" odds shown for a 3* cover could cover 22.3% to 28.5%, giving a range of 6%.  That's a huge amount of uncertainty.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    What a pointless waste of man hours this vault is, one chance at a cover , I’d be really surprised if there are more than a handful of people who actually waste their time and money on this 

think i’ll save my points for the end of the month and see what Santa brings me 
  • broll
    ZeiramMR said:
    broll said:
    ZeiramMR said:

You misunderstood. Shartattack was saying that this is worse odds than the Sakaar because s/he was multiplying by exactly 7. I was noting that the 85/15 % split makes it the same odds.
    Ah that’s interesting. Really adds credence to the idea that they are testing out new odds for 6* characters. Which method of the same horrible odds isn’t perceived better.