Stupid event rewards - Petition

Options
Marvaddin
Marvaddin Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
Guys, I really feel something is wrong about some events rewards. Of course, every reward is already a reward, and I like getting them, but hey, look at Nodes of Power! Every time I play it seriously, I should get 2 OGW rares, one for reaching 100 points and another one if I make it to top 50.

The problem is, the pool of OGW rares is 18 cards, which I already have 9 (and 5 dupes, 2 more from this last event). BFZ cards, at other hand, has a pool of 42 rares, which I have 3(!), 2 from premium packs I bought using gems. The event could / should perfetcly reward BFZ rares as well, why not?

So, I want politely ask for a small change in Nodes of Power rewards:

Option 1: make the rewards be a BFZ or OGW rare.
Option 2: alternate between BFZ and OGW rewards each event
Option 3: make the 100 points rare BFZ, the top 50 one a OGW (or vice-versa)

Ya know, getting dupes from a 18 pool is bad, even more when you have a 42 pool pretty unavaliable to its own event.

Comments

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby is this something you can maybe talk to the dev team about? It is a valid point and would only make sense to fix. Thanks.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Indeed. I've got 2-10 copies of each OGW rare and am still missing 7 BFZ rares.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm all for this. 
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes please. 
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    imo, not much point now changing old event prizes with booster crafting coming in around 18 dec 2017.

i too am missing lots of bfz rares but have plenty of dupe ogw ones. however, since bfz n ogw sets are legacy, they are cheaper to craft. 

i rather octagon focus on getting ixalan out the gate asap. and also completely replace old hibernum events with new octagon ones, rather than spend their limited programming time on fixing past hibernum's mistakes. 
  • majincob
    Options
    With the way booster crafting is going to work, I'd be happy if they made all rewards the most recent set for the month they give bonus orbs for dupes.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    majincob said:
    With the way booster crafting is going to work, I'd be happy if they made all rewards the most recent set for the month they give bonus orbs for dupes.

pulling new cards is way more fun, and it's cheaper :)

HH
  • Marvaddin
    Options
    Also, correcting this "mistake" is something that is probably really simple to do. And I'm not aware of any new events coming to substitute the old ones. If they are coming, this becomes irrelevant, I just don't see they coming.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Marvaddin said:
    Also, correcting this "mistake" is something that is probably really simple to do. And I'm not aware of any new events coming to substitute the old ones. If they are coming, this becomes irrelevant, I just don't see they coming.
    my guess is ixalan should be coming in a month or 2. usually with new sets come new pw and new events related to the set. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I absolutely want the older events to keep the old rewards. This last few months with almost everything giving HoU has been dumb. (There are many other words but dumb seems the best.)

To give the company reasons to follow this policy: People are more likely to pay for the new stuff, so changing the old events to give newer rewards (as has been happening a bunch recently) hurts your bottom line.

(I realise this isn't the exact problem mentioned at the start, I fully agree with fixing that too! This is just a related issue.)
  • majincob
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    majincob said:

pulling new cards is way more fun, and it's cheaper :)

HH
    I agree. When Ixalan rolls around I'll have all the previous cards ;) #0.1percenterproblems

Honestly, I'll be happy with whatever solution they come up with as long as it makes it more accessible for new players to catch up with me without dragging me down. The game is more fun with more people able to fully engage in it.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    *signs petition*

• Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd be completely on board. I have 17/18 ogw rares and 19/42 from bfz. I'd love to fix that without having to craft legacy cards. There are too many cards that I don't want in the pool of cards I don't have. My collection is funky, though. Bfz is the only set that I'm missing more than 6 rares from. 
  • Marvaddin
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Got my 3rd copy of Sylvan Advocate in the event. 3 is the number of ALL my rares from BFZ. I would like to reduce number of legacy cards I will need to craft, but getting just dupes isn't helping.

@Brigby, can you please inform if it's at least about to be mentioned to dev team?

Edit: the event just finished. Got my 4th Oath of Chandra. C'mon...
  • Marvaddin
    Options
    Bump!

Ok, this "problem" about Nodes of Power is still there, and I guess we shouldn't ask, because no one appeared even to tell if this is to be discussed with dev team.

But there is another one, look at that Trial of Ambition thing (is the name correct? I'm not English based, and couldn't find the event name during a quick look in the events area).

That thing is standard, so we need to redo our decks if we usually have them having legacy cards. 4 nodes, so several games, and getting to 120 points (not 100), I get 500 runes, 55 crystals and 1 (Amonkhet) booster. C'mon, where is my rare? Crystals are more valuable than runes, but 55 crystals is not even enough to buy a booster. Rares are better than boosters, and unobtainium is (or was a short time ago) more valuable than crystals.

Emrakul event, as a comparison, gives runes + booster + rare for 100 points, and top 100 players receive booster, rare and unobtainium as final reward (not the card) while ambition event gives crystals, and rares up to top 50.

These rewards are so poor that make this event completely uninteresting to me. When I decide to play, and usually I don't, I play a few games, just to enter the top 750 area.

How about increasing these prizes? I want rares, man, RARES.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The last Emrakul event still had juiced prizes from the holidays.
  • Marvaddin
    Options
    Yeah, true... Sorry.

Then, if I'm correct those generous prizes (rare + booster + Unobtainium) is for top 50, too. Doesn't change the main idea, however: The Ambition event doesn't give rares, and the crystal gain does not cover for it (beyond being standard, more nodes, etc.)
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With Ixalan, it will be very interesting to see if they improve the rewards over the recent lame precedent of ToA, ToZ, HoR, and RotGP. Basic booster anyone?
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can someone who has actually done the math on the rewards we get per week explain why they have an issue with the rewards? Or is this all based on personal feelings?
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I also feel it wouldn't be much of an effort to switch rares from OGW to BFZ in events and it would make them more interesting for new players too as they could get access to a wider pool of cards for legacy while keeping their orbs for standard cards