Avengers Assemble Legendary Store

13»

Comments

• krusherkjc
    krusherkjc Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    No one is forcing you to buy the packs, I don't see why people have to make a big stink about something that they offer for you to buy.  Consumer goods means you don't have to buy it.
    I want them to offer things for me to buy, i just want them to offer things that i CAN buy.  I have almost 800 CP.  Would love to get some more 5* covers for some classics, but they wont let me.  If we dont put a voice to the reasons ehy we arent buying this particular thing, how else would they know?
    Totally understand that side of the coin.  I find that from just joining this forum I wanted to learn some more about the game and see how other are using characters and such.  Honestly the things I have seen in here are the posts come from a bunch of the same names and are negative and complaining.   I'm a business owner and If someone is unhappy about service or products that I offer they go do business else where.  MAYBE that's what some of these people should do. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Y'know, I go back and forth on stuff like this. On the one hand, it's a terrible deal clearly meant to sucker people into buying HP. On the other hand, if you're dumb enough to not do four seconds of analysis and realize how bad of a deal it is, I have a hard time sympathizing.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I think there’s a difference between having the choice to ignore the vault and offering feedback (negative or otherwise) to the devs that the deal is a **** one.  They’ll only follow the $$$ but it never hurts to be vocal in making it known if you think the deal stinks.  

A specialized 5* store with access only being offered via a vault that contains 1(ONE) token to said specialized store is not a good offer in any situation. 

Let your voice be heard, that’s beaury of the forums.

#AvengersVaultStinks
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one is forcing you to buy the packs, I don't see why people have to make a big stink about something that they offer for you to buy.  Consumer goods means you don't have to buy it.
    I want them to offer things for me to buy, i just want them to offer things that i CAN buy.  I have almost 800 CP.  Would love to get some more 5* covers for some classics, but they wont let me.  If we dont put a voice to the reasons ehy we arent buying this particular thing, how else would they know?
    Totally understand that side of the coin.  I find that from just joining this forum I wanted to learn some more about the game and see how other are using characters and such.  Honestly the things I have seen in here are the posts come from a bunch of the same names and are negative and complaining.   I'm a business owner and If someone is unhappy about service or products that I offer they go do business else where.  MAYBE that's what some of these people should do. 
    Or people that really do care about the game and have invested a lot of time, money and energy in the game want to bring this up so others can comment and let them know if we think something is not working.  If we don't do it here, where do we bring up our concerns? 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    They needed the cashgrab opportunities after their sales were down due to the cheating issue.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    madoctor said:
    They needed the cashgrab opportunities after their sales were down due to the cheating issue.

you mean still...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    aa25 said:
    I saw the pop up and the store this morning. The first thought that comes to my mind was "Huh, so after the good news about no animations, now it's time for an irritating news." I mean, seriously, can't we have a positive change that is not followed up by a bad one ?
    At least you saw the animations as a positive.  I saw that as an negative too...  I like the UI changes though.

#AvengersVaultStinks
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    This store is pretty hilarious, but it's definitely not a cash grab since you would have to be an insane clown to pull from this store.  I could see some mega whales going for it if it contained 3 new 5*'s, but they would be better off pulling classics for what is offered.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Fair point for the real world, but not quite the same here.  Unless you can point me to another game, utilizing marvel characters and the puzzle quest theme i've loved since the original version on xbox maybe 10 or so years ago.  Oh, there isn't?  Just this one, huh?

I know that comes off a little too snarky, but i don't mean offense.  Rocket brings up the issue of where would we voice our concerns, if not here on their boards, in the thread discussing that exact topic? 

I have also brought up the other side of this coin with other topics.  How often do people these days just go online to post they like something?  If it works for them, they think that is the way it should be and go on with their day, not realizing we need them to come online and balance out the negativity 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Funny how some people get just as, if not more, worked up over people complaining about consumer goods than the actual complaints. Do you guys IRL tell your friends and coworkers to keep their comments to themselves if talking negatively about other consumer products.

"I had the worst service at taco Bell the other day."

"Stop saying negative things!!! Now I'm gonna complain about your ability to complain!"

In case some of you don't know, feedback, yes even on an official forum for product, is a factor for companies. They listen to some degree, and good companies try to damage control whenever possible. Don't believe me, go post an angry rant about a recent experience at McDonald's on Facebook or Instagram with the @ link. 

It's like you if you don't read constant brown nosing in every thread, the "fanbase" is spoiled or they dont enjoy the product at all. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    Funny how some people get just as, if not more, worked up over people complaining about consumer goods than the actual complaints. Do you guys IRL tell your friends and coworkers to keep their comments to themselves if talking negatively about other consumer products.

"Stop saying negative things!!! Now I'm gonna complain about your ability to complain!"

In case some of you don't know, feedback, yes even on an official forum for product, is a factor for companies. They listen to some degree, and good companies try to damage control whenever possible. Don't believe me, go post an angry rant about a recent experience at McDonald's on Facebook or Instagram with the @ link. 

It's like you if you don't read constant brown nosing in every thread, the "fanbase" is spoiled or they dont enjoy the product at all. 
    To make your analogy work

"The new tacos at taco bell are so expensive and are basically like the regular tacos. Just another blatant cash grab by corporate. How dare they try to take our hard earned money by throwing this garbage in our faces. I'm just disappointed even tho I know better to buy them"

"Just don't eat the new tacos"

Like the Shield Training new release gating, ultimately its an extra thing that doesn't negatively impact you. The main problem is that they are going against their own precedent that they set by not letting you buy it with cp, but its not exactly the same. This isn't a new release or an special event gift. I don't know what it is. But I'll take another daily 100hp vault to keep my 2* and 3* champ rewards rolling.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    At first glance I thought this would be like the Cosmic token (where I finished Surfer), which would bring new life to barely obtainable classics with customer services swaps.  Then I saw what we got.  #AvengerTokenTurd
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I do frequently feel that people respond to some things offered as "But this isn't working in the glorious ultra-beneficial way that *I* want it to work for me." rather than thinking about what they devs are trying to help players achieve with it on a more modest "we're not trying to give the game away but we want to offset this hurdle we recognize is regularly a problem/we put in your way by doing X". Resource management is a key strategy factor here and the goal of the devs is often for you to be able to use some but not a lot as an "open season" to make large gains.

So they get easily irritated because once again, they're not being offered a great thing, they're being offered a modest thing that only makes sense if you're in a specific set of circumstances.

That said, as I just said in another thread, I don't get who the target audience for this vault/store is. Not even when I look at it through my product development lenses. I can't see who would be in a situation that would make the risk/reward of this setup beneficial to them as a good way to spend their resources to try for ... well ... almost anything, out of either the vault or the store pack
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:

"The new tacos at taco bell are so expensive and are basically like the regular tacos. Just another blatant cash grab by corporate. How dare they try to take our hard earned money by throwing this garbage in our faces. I'm just disappointed even tho I know better to buy them"

Like the Shield Training new release gating, ultimately its an extra thing that doesn't negatively impact you. The main problem is that they are going against their own precedent that they set by not letting you buy it with cp, but its not exactly the same. This isn't a new release or an special event gift. I don't know what it is. But I'll take another daily 100hp vault to keep my 2* and 3* champ rewards rolling.
    Still boils down to how dare you complain about something with a company you do business with.

And at what point do all these "extra" things stop being extra things? New PVE story caters only to whales, "don't worry about it, it's an extra thing."

Not everything has to benefit everyone, but this just, to put it blunt, is stupid. These seems like an idea that some boss's idiot brother created and he couldn't say no because of the relationship.

Doesn't affect me though, I'm too busy trying to build the current latest.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know how to deal with this store. It's such a poorly designed system that we should all go for it to prove how bad it is..... 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:

Tell that to everyone that complained about the following:
    - KFC Double Down
    - KFC Famous Bowl
    - McDonalds McRib (either not liking or not liking that it’s not all the time)
    - Complaining about McDonalds breakfast hours

i could go on and on and on and on
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I wonder, if someone does manage to pull the token and then a 5* cover in the Avengers store, will this forum collapse in on itself into a vortex like the house at the end of Poltergeist?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder, if someone does manage to pull the token and then a 5* cover in the Avengers store, will this forum collapse in on itself into a vortex like the house at the end of Poltergeist?
    Someone already did, a Hawkeye from the daily deal. He's banned here I'm told, so we're safe! 
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone already did, a Hawkeye from the daily deal. He's banned here I'm told, so we're safe! 
    does it open up the store to purchase using CP?