Deadpool Vs. MPQ PVE-The tapping PVE event

2»

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    robertbah said:
    Oops, i see. This is a sarcastic post. Never mind then.
    Not sarcastic.  Time to go all in.  As your other post, I have 213 rostered chars.  I except all of them dead or close to it.  
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari said:
    If running Thanos I'd suggest OML, Thanos, and x23. But with Thanos buffed, his friendly fire will likely quickly overwhelm those heals.
    Thanos OML X23 means X23 tanks 0 colors and will never heal.
    And OML heals slower than DD.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Rhycar said:
    astrp3 said:
    Rhycar said:
    I know I'd much rather spend hours tapping while my brain works on something else ...
    Umm, isn't that pretty much what PvE is? At least that's my typical PvE experience - and I don't engage in the "tapping" described by Rockett (though my mindless play style is usually good enough for top ten, which may  say something about PvE).
    If this is your typical PvE, then you could be playing a lot better. Optimal (non-tapping) play requires planning, concentration and the maximum efficiency you can muster. And I'm not making any of this up.
    Maybe it's different in SCL 8 and 9 or in a different slice, but in SCL 7, my style has been good enough for top 10 in 7 of the last 8 PvEs (I don't think my roster's strong enough for top 3). I do play optimally (though I could play a bit more optimally) and it does require some degree of attention, but not enough that MPQ requires my full attention - I am able to watch TV while playing (usually Marvel shows, but I'm running out of those). If I wasn't able to watch TV or do something else while playing, I don't think I could handle the repetitive grind.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Daiches said:
    Akari said:
    If running Thanos I'd suggest OML, Thanos, and x23. But with Thanos buffed, his friendly fire will likely quickly overwhelm those heals.
    Thanos OML X23 means X23 tanks 0 colors and will never heal.
    And OML heals slower than DD.
    Not in fast matches, at least. I tried using DD unboosted (mine is only 450) and he got torn up. This is CL8 though, stuff dies relatively quickly with boosted 5* damage.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    robertbah said:
    the self damage from thanos will be more than 8k. There is no way that you can keep tapping using thanos. On the other hand, are you planning to kill the first guy by using match damage purely? That will be slow. Dd is great but I doubt that dd will be able to heal fast enough. 
    Just bring 1*s & 2*s. They’ll die in a second but come back from being downed very quickly. You don’t need them to be fully healed, 1 hp is enough. 
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    broll said:
    robertbah said:
    the self damage from thanos will be more than 8k. There is no way that you can keep tapping using thanos. On the other hand, are you planning to kill the first guy by using match damage purely? That will be slow. Dd is great but I doubt that dd will be able to heal fast enough. 
    Just bring 1*s & 2*s. They’ll die in a second but come back from being downed very quickly. You don’t need them to be fully healed, 1 hp is enough. 
    Yes, not 2* though. I merely pointed out that the healing won’t work.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Seems like you ought to be able to get a bunch of random 1*s out of standard tokens and roster them one cover at a time, rather than waiting for them to heal at all.  1-cover 1*s are the real key to performance in this game at the competitive level, I bet.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Seems like you ought to be able to get a bunch of random 1*s out of standard tokens and roster them one cover at a time, rather than waiting for them to heal at all.  1-cover 1*s are the real key to performance in this game at the competitive level, I bet.
    LOL @ the level of reductio ad absurdum here. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    LOL @ the level of reductio ad absurdum here. 
    Got to love the creativity combined with zing :D
     This must be the real reason behind the pages long character selection menu with no way to filter. Because the main impediment to this game strategy is going to be having to scroll ALLLLLLLLLLLL the way down to the 1*s.
  • Jaguar
    Jaguar Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Delete your 5*s, 4*s, 3*s, 2*s for maximum tapping efficiency
  • M3rGuEZ
    M3rGuEZ Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I dont understand what  Tapping is :(
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    You guys have fun with that. I love that this event falls on a weekend when I'm doing a road trip back home to see my parents and siblings, so the 48 hour subs will be a blessing. The iso drought will suck, but I suppose that's our punishment for getting an event where we get an iso bonus for every sub. 
  • Daiches
    It appears the plan has hit a snag in the form of a last minute change from Thanos as 5E to BSSM.
    A total mystery as to what could have prompted this..

Please discuss how maximum tapping can still be achieved. Will Blue deal enough at 550 to knock out PX in one move? 
  • The rockett
    Man....this is crazy!!!  Hahhaa. I will have to look at this now. Might need to pause this tap fest. 
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I guess tapping does take some skill. Finding the node that the boosted team can take down best while saving health for extended lengths of time. Key value to optimize is points won per minute. Main constraint is loss of health. My supercomputer has analyzed the optimal 3 toon pairing and provided Gambolt BSSM.  Blue stun on PX early to build up red and destroy.
  • The rockett
    @Kevmcg. Great.  Thanks for the feedback.  Won't be as good with Thanos but will still work. 
  • The rockett
    So I just did my clear on this and this node is so very very tappable without Thanos.  

Team 1:
    Gambit Black Bolt BSSM
    Team 2:
    Gambit Black Bolt Thor (at half health) 

Does anybody else have ideas on teams? 
  • The rockett
    Wow. Tappers delight now with no animations. 
  • Daiches
    Tapping is back on! 5 second matches!