Here we go again...

2»

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    D4Ni13 said:
    I enjoy sim, but there’s 100+ toons out there and we get to face about 15 of them even with 13 nodes.

That's because you enjoy agony.. I do not. Rogue, 5* Gambit and JG is one of the most challenging but unenjoyable nodes I've played in years. Her yellow passive is the most ridiculous power
    Rogue is so easy to counter. Gamora is one perfect fit for that. Either stun Rogue, or kill her allies first, or use attack tiles. Her yellow is very good, but not ridiculous. 
    Unless you get a bad board (ie no blue) and then Rogue siphons blue.  No more stun.  I failed to get my last clear of the 3* essential b/c of that.  5* Gambit hiding behind Rogue is, well, mean.  I eventually won but it took 10 minutes with all of Gambits animations. 

Sure would have been nice to turn those animations off!

Been using IM40, Patch and Peggy for Rogue nodes since then.  You have 2 methods of getting blue for Peggy.  
    I've been using Peggy, Gamora and Grocket. Easier to get the stun with Gamora, and there is a high chance of attack tile generation. Medusa, Carnage, C&D and any one who can make strong attack tiles are also good counters. 

Gambit & Rogue are pretty hard to deal with, but I guess that's why Simulator is for in the first place... harder challenges. I'm not saying it's fun to grind through those nodes, but once it's fun to play the challenge. 

Maybe here is not the place to talk about this, but I really think a new system with less grind si required. I don't see the point of completing the same node 4-6 times. Or at least if I have to grind them, change something other than raw difficulty. Perhaps having a 5 character pool and form a random team out of those 5 for each time you grind that node. Or give the option to play for a certain difficuly even from the start. For example, you want the CP or event cover, you can choose level 3 difficulty and try to beat that. You want the simple reward, play level 1 difficulty of the node. But this requirement to grind every node multiple times is no that great as a fun factor. It works in the current system, but could be made better. 
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I was struggling pretty hardcore on the hard node in sub 3 yesterday.  I got my first 3 wins pretty easy using 5* Hawkeye, Peggy and IM40 (fire off IM's yellow and thanks to Can't Miss you're able to fire off 2 Peggy Says and 2 - 3 of her red and then once all those blue countdowns finish you have enough for another Peggy Says and red). Gambit's Ragin cajun kept messing up my IM's yellow though and I kept losing.  I had 9 health packs and only had the 5* essential and this last clear of the hard node left, used them all and had to use HP to get more just to finish.  Switched up my strategy to Kingpin, Agent Venom and Peggy and just muscled my way through it and that worked way better!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the final clears I used Peggy / Gambat / Purple User (or 3* Widow in 3* node).

With Peggy boosted she essentially 1 punches all the enemies with her Red and Gambat ensures she gets that Red quickly even if Rogue is siphoning it because Rogue doesn't stop passive generation.

If you get a board with lots of Blue/Red it goes even faster.

KGB
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    CL8 is easy to beat with AgentVenom + C&D + whatever.

Hitting for 10k almost every turn with AV is nuts.