Here we go again...

n25philly
n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
Looks like the X-men simulator is going to suck as much as last time.  Go into the battle to unlock it and get hit with Xavier's Master Plan 5 times on their first turn.  Does the AI really have to be so damn cheap in this event?

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    It was certainly an unpleasant surprise to see Rogue again on 3 nodes, 2 of them being essential, 1 of those 2 being paired with 5-Gambit. And just for kicks they throw Teen Jean in the mix so you can't even use your GSBW in the way that makes her the most dangerous. 

Annoying as it is, I do have to say I enjoy the challenge. That's what I've always liked about Simulator despite the difficulty, I see some teams that I really get excited to try on my own. I'm still blanking on how best to use my own Rogue, and I'm sure we'll see Nightcrawler on a node before the event is over. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    I enjoy sim, but there’s 100+ toons out there and we get to face about 15 of them even with 13 nodes.

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    I will admit it is harder than the usual Goon, Ninja, or Hammer enemies, but I got it done. The only problem I have with the Simulator is Rogue. I don't know if it is a bug. Anytime Rogue is on the enemies team any 5* character event buffs, match damage boosts, or even damage from firing powers is reduced to the minimum. So all buffs don't work for match damage or powers fired. As soon as she is downed or stunned it all works as intended. So I kill her first or stun her for a couple of turns with 3* Strange and get it done. It also happened on the last Simulator as well.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    I enjoy sim, but there’s 100+ toons out there and we get to face about 15 of them even with 13 nodes.

That's because you enjoy agony.. I do not. Rogue, 5* Gambit and JG is one of the most challenging but unenjoyable nodes I've played in years. Her yellow passive is the most ridiculous power
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    That 3* essential node killed me twice before I realized I needed to change my approach and actually think about my team (ie not just try to hammer through everything quickly with Gamora/R&G).  Little slow on the uptake.

Still managed a T5 spot after initial clears so apparently I wasn't alone in my struggles.  I was using very unflattering terms to describe the devs on that node, won't lie!   :#

Hope they're having a good chuckle, malicious little...

Sorry
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad I downshifted to CL7.  Rogue nodes are time consuming and I have a tendency to drift off during animations near the end of the evening.
  • JuanAV2141
    JuanAV2141 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Round 2 last node has 5* Gambit...
    Yay...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gambit is beyond annoying. His purple makes a mess of you very quickly and with Rogue jumping to the front all the time, its a real nightmare. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gambit is beyond annoying. His purple makes a mess of you very quickly and with Rogue jumping to the front all the time, its a real nightmare. 
    Almost like Gambit is broken?  Imagine if it were the old PvE rules and your own Gambit was locked out.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in scl9 and sorry to say that i'm thoroughly enjoying the challenge (and no i dont have gambit champed)
    i do wish that r141 was ready for this so we could turn off animations though, thats the most annoying part for me
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Still developing a usable 3* roster, and I just want to chime in that it is unutterably obnoxious to be squared against OP pre-built comps that include 5*s with insane powers, because it doesn't MATTER that I outlevel them by 40 or 50, if I fail to play perfectly with my mostly 2* roster, I get stunned and destroyed by accidental cascaded 5-matches and my carefully cultivated tiles get eaten by Gambit while I twiddle my thumbs watching the AI continue to screw me.

This event blows. No story, all named (matching) enemies in the nodes that matter, insane pre-built comps with characters *way* out of my current reach. Boring *and* frustrating.
  • evade420
    for 3* roster your best bet on the hard nodes would be cap, kamala, im40.
    the key would be timing to fire im40 yellow once you get the stuns rolling it should be a breeze
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Presumably having 4* Sam, 3* Doc Ock, and Sentry as a significant fraction of the boosted list isn't helping either.
  • evade420
    boosted list is not great for sure , but sentry bomb with hawkeye can be crazy , add in coulson and its a winner
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Shintok17 said:
    I will admit it is harder than the usual Goon, Ninja, or Hammer enemies, but I got it done. The only problem I have with the Simulator is Rogue. I don't know if it is a bug. Anytime Rogue is on the enemies team any 5* character event buffs, match damage boosts, or even damage from firing powers is reduced to the minimum. So all buffs don't work for match damage or powers fired. As soon as she is downed or stunned it all works as intended. So I kill her first or stun her for a couple of turns with 3* Strange and get it done. It also happened on the last Simulator as well.
    Her yellow is a passive on 5 covers reduces dmg dealt for each team member still in the fight. Either kill her or her team mates otherwise rwd yellow and green will do nigh on nothing and be careful you dont fire a power at her either. Shes a beast and once she gets power siphon be ver worried
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jwallyr said:
    Still developing a usable 3* roster, and I just want to chime in that it is unutterably obnoxious to be squared against OP pre-built comps that include 5*s with insane powers, because it doesn't MATTER that I outlevel them by 40 or 50, if I fail to play perfectly with my mostly 2* roster, I get stunned and destroyed by accidental cascaded 5-matches and my carefully cultivated tiles get eaten by Gambit while I twiddle my thumbs watching the AI continue to screw me.

This event blows. No story, all named (matching) enemies in the nodes that matter, insane pre-built comps with characters *way* out of my current reach. Boring *and* frustrating.
    It is ridiculous that enemies have the same number of covers at lower SCL's.  The last simulator run I accidentally did in SCL 1 and the final node could knock a fair bit of hit points off teams 200+ levels over them.  Between the progression point totals and the coverage of the enemy characters, the lower SCL's could really use some more thought.  The current system was put into place more for ease of programming than balance of play experience for new players...
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    Her yellow is a passive on 5 covers reduces dmg dealt for each team member still in the fight. Either kill her or her team mates otherwise rwd yellow and green will do nigh on nothing and be careful you dont fire a power at her either. Shes a beast and once she gets power siphon be ver worried
    Totally forgot about that. Thanks for the clarification.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    This event might be bearable if the AI would actually let me have a turn every once an a while.  I realize a game where you let the player actually play would be crazy but it would certainly be fun...
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor

That's because you enjoy agony.. I do not. Rogue, 5* Gambit and JG is one of the most challenging but unenjoyable nodes I've played in years. Her yellow passive is the most ridiculous power
    Rogue is so easy to counter. Gamora is one perfect fit for that. Either stun Rogue, or kill her allies first, or use attack tiles. Her yellow is very good, but not ridiculous. 
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    D4Ni13 said:

Rogue is so easy to counter. Gamora is one perfect fit for that. Either stun Rogue, or kill her allies first, or use attack tiles. Her yellow is very good, but not ridiculous. 
    Unless you get a bad board (ie no blue) and then Rogue siphons blue.  No more stun.  I failed to get my last clear of the 3* essential b/c of that.  5* Gambit hiding behind Rogue is, well, mean.  I eventually won but it took 10 minutes with all of Gambits animations. 

Sure would have been nice to turn those animations off!

Been using IM40, Patch and Peggy for Rogue nodes since then.  You have 2 methods of getting blue for Peggy.