December Q&A Question Submission (12/4/17)

Options
2»

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Sorin81 said:
    Training Grounds was implemented as a replacement for Quick Battle, however is been argued that it is not a suitable replacement.
    What is your opinion on bringing Quick Battle back to the game?

Or do you have something completely new and better than either in mind? (Since both have problems)
  • Kinesia
    edited December 2017
    Options
    khurram said:
    There are no masterpieces in paper set of Ixalan. Are you going to promote some of the mythics from Ixalan to masterpiece status while translating to mtgpq? The rarity of some cards has previously been changed like this in past sets (rare in paper magic, but mythic in mtgpq)

Although, most of the players I have discussed this with, don't really want that. But it will be good to know your stance.

Have you considered making "Un"-set 3 cards into masterpieces instead of pulling them from Ixalan? Or making masterpieces from other card sources?
  • Kinesia
    Options
    Are there plans for a better implementation for free cards? (currently 1 every 2 hours)
    The current change looked ok on paper but causes lifestyle problems not everyone is aware of.
    eg. My kids were being allowed to login on their ipads after breakfast, just after school and just before bed and they could get a burst of excitement. They could _never_ login every 2 hours. 1 card is not exciting, for kids you are fighting other online games and this game is very slow to load.
    You want people to _play_ not just login.

Would you consider a system that would be kid and newbie friendly specifically?
    (Things like, "you have to play a game but don't need to win", a "daily limit" to the number of cards but more than one at once. Like... Max 3 packs of 3 cards with 4 hours between them would be less "theoretical" cards than now, but would fight dupe perception bias and force people to actually play [any game should count] and should theoretically meet but customer and company needs.)

I _want_ help from the company to get my kids playing regularly to turn them into longterm players, but what kind of help can you offer me with this?

I also tried getting my real life friends to play and failed, what kind of help can you offer with that?

Are all of the potential markets being looked at separately and improvements worked on for each little part?
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

Are you planning on making small changes to the rewards giving by the legacy events? Currently not a single event has a BFZ rare as a final progression reward. E.g OGW 1 and OGW 2 hand out KLD rares. KLD has nothing to do with the OGW events.

Right now BFZ rares are only attainable by purchasing boosters and even said boosters are rarely purchasable with crystals.

• MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would still like to get some feedback on the questions I brought up last month

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/744003#Comment_744003

It was mentioned that it is intended to expand story mode and look at PW balance, but what about other formats? (such as commander, Planechase, pauper or restricted types, sealed/draft).
    What about introducing different board sizes?
    More than 2 secondary objectives but only allow for scoring on a max of 2 would add options and variety to events.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are there any plans to change the current color mastery system? As was acknowledged with booster crafting plans, basing a player's skill level on how many cards of a color you've played is a poor gauge. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Concerns have been expressed on the forum that the way that booster crafting and elite packs will be handled from now on greatly devalues the jewels. Are there any plans on how to keep them relevant or would you consider folding them into another currency so that we do not have too many in game currencies to keep track of? (Personally I would have them turned into crystals at a conversion rate to keep the top of the game UI from getting too cluttered, but that is just me)
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Is there any thoughtprocess going on concerning "color-mastery"?
    What might be the future?  Right now "Platinum" appears to be too wide spread (players two good month into the game might reach platinum, players with over 1000 mastered cards still are in that tier).
  • timthes
    timthes Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Would it be possible to make an 'additional training grounds' where you can spar against your coalition members (including yourself). That would add such a depth to the game. If you could test your own decks or decks from your team-mates.

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any thoughts on Quick Battle? Do you think it will ever return?
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Could we get an event format in which we just battle other player decks of our tier for like 24-48 hours, no other restrictions, just win-win-win, the faster, the better, every win grants some mana runes (300 for example), in the end there are prizes for everyone, that could be crystals, boosters or a car. We could call it ... Quick Slaughter?
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is it possible to rotate the Fateful Showdown and Revolt against the Consulate events again? Right now only Fateful Showdown runs, while it was alternating with RatC before. And while you're at it, please at Trial of Zeal to that mix, so we have alternating events every 3 weeks.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please only post in this thread if you have a question you would like Oktagon to answer. Thank you!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Machine said:
    Is it possible to rotate the Fateful Showdown and Revolt against the Consulate events again? Right now only Fateful Showdown runs, while it was alternating with RatC before. And while you're at it, please at Trial of Zeal to that mix, so we have alternating events every 3 weeks.
    Also Avacyn's Madness!

The current game makes it very hard for new players to advance and stay engaged -- what are your plans to enhance the new player experience and allow them to be competitive in all aspects of the game?
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Those of us who regularly purchase Elite packs with our pink crystals are dismayed at the prospect of spending 400 crystals to end up with a duplicate Mythic.  

Q:  Plans to make Elite packs yield a non-duplicate?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Thanks for submitting all these questions! We will begin compiling them together to send to Oktagon for review and answering.
This discussion has been closed.