4* DDQ: Yondu vs G4mora

Options
2»

Comments

• shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Took two tries with 2/3/4 145 Yondu. First attempt was the board of Red. I finished with 24 Red and was killed by the second firing of Deadly Strike with Gamora having under 200 hp remaining.

Second attempt went much better and won easily.

Token to the hoard
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My attempts with 5/3/3 160 Yondu have been, best-to-worst, this way: sad, pathetic, hopeless.

Sigh. I'll try. Again.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As others have said, it is all about the blue while keeping her Red away from her.

1/2/4: Many losses until the cascades were nice enough to not fall into giving her enough red to near instantly kill me.

Nova Black.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/1/3. After getting slaughtered at lower levels due to blue not doing enough damage I bumped him up to L145. I finally got a board that gave the blue cascades to me and seemed to give her nothing but purple and yellow matches. She was never able to do enough damage to make by blue passive stop and, after getting enough black to cast it twice, I eventually bled her to death.

As fun as it has been doing these crashes with undercovered 4s I am very much looking forward to the last of this newbie run with mockingbird. I have her at 1/3/3 and a red cover is up in HfH that I think I may need to grab to have a realistic chance at winning the next one. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did it in one try with a 3/4/5 Lv250 Yondu.  She got a red off, but I luckily matched the tile the next turn.  Otherwise, it was blue for the win for me.

LT was a black 4* Fist, letting my champ him finally.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/3/1 = Don't bother...
  • Yepyep
    Options
    ZootSax said:

LT was a black 4* Fist, letting my champ him finally.
    He's GREAT. Not always useful, but when appropriate he'll save your bacon. Over and over. One of my favorites for that awesome, niche utility.
  • Yepyep
    Options
    Oops, sorry Zoot! I was thinking of C4ge... I also just champed 4* Fist so I can't comment knowledgeably yet.    :|