4* DDQ: Yondu vs G4mora

Options
Very easy for my 5/3/5 lv 275 Mary freaking Poppins.  Made moves to set me up with blue and prevent her from gaining blue so she couldn't stun me.  Once I was able to fire off Centaurian Archery, she was on life support and I only needed one further whistle to down her.

LT got me yellow Rogue bringing her to 2/3/4

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was probably the easiest one yet.  5/3/5 L282.  Prioritize blue, then black, then red for deny.  Firing blue took off 80-90% of her health and she was dead two turns later.

+1 to the hoard.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5 at 132, it was all about getting blue. Unfortunately the first 4 attempts are very light on blue, so they didn't go well. 5th time I add +100% match damage all and chased blue, which took a big chunk off, and two turns later it was all over.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Level 152 2/1/4 Yondu here. It was tough at first, eventually I started boosting blue/Purple AP just to help me start the Yaka Assault. Eventually I managed to wear her down. Good Thing you only need to win this once, right?

Very happy I set Yondu as my bonus hero now, because the fourth blue came as a bonus yesterday.

Now I guess my next bonus hero needs to be Sandman...

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah, my Yondu is two covers. Five day rest from the clash for me :disappointed:
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is my first one in some time without a champion. Level 144, 4/2/4 build. Gave it a test run with no boosts but got super lucky on the board and won on that attempt (how else do you call hitting 20 blue over the course of the match without her getting 6). I only ate a Deadly Strike from her and managed to get the second Blue Arrow off for the win with less than 500 health left.

LT gave me a Daredevil Green putting him at 3/0/4. Hope I pull a Purple soon, or enough of the others for a swap, since he is next up to leave the Latest.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have Yondu champed at 281 and lost the first two times.  Certainly not my day with those boards.  Most of the moves I made on the first one would set up blue matches, and the second one was mostly red.  Ended up winning the third one with barely a scratch.  Cloak and Dagger champ level for my unexpected troubles.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah, my Yondu is two covers. Five day rest from the clash for me :disappointed:
    Yup, same here - not happening for my 1/0/1 Yondu. Maybe next time Merle.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Yondu is champed too, but I was taken to the edge first fight.  Won with about 1200 health left.  Denying blue didn't work because it always fell into her lap.  She hit me twice with her blue and if I wasn't able to match away her strikes I would have lost.  Finally got my blue and it finished her off.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Flailed about with a 130-something 2/2/2 Poppins, and then RNGeebus smiled upon me when I cashed in CP for two LL tokens with a blue Poppins, so it took my 147 2/2/3 a few tries to get a lucky board and a win. Token got me a champ level for the ever useful son of coul. 
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It feels like you need 3 blue minimum in this one.

My 131 5/3/2 Yondu has died 7 times now. I can deny blue or black or red, or even two of them, but not all 3 all the time.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Tough battle for my Lv 110 2/4/4 Yondu. +1 blue and black AP. Died 3 times, killed her with Yaka Assault and lucked out with Yaka Parachute. Deny blue and black at all cost. She got one Deadly Strike off but matched the countdown tile away herself the same turn.

Black was actually her most dangerous skill and killed me in the previous battles by sheer damage and cancelling Yaka Assault. Victory never felt so sweet, this one was a tough cookie!

Token to the hoard.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yondu is one of my slow movers, just at 4/2/5. Leveled him to 100. Applied all color boost, blue boost, and match damage. Got her my second try.

Champ level hulkbuster.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5/3/5 lv.272

Pretty much same as first few posts. Just focused on blue to keep from being stunned and to charge up my attack. Once I fired Archery she was dead 2 turns later without having fired any abilities.

Token to the hoard.
  • djperry1973
    djperry1973 Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    4/4/2 lvl 150: +2 B/P, +2 All, +100% match damage

Lost the 1st attempt with G4mora at ~400 HP. Won on the 4th attempt, ended up with a Nick Fury champ level.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This was the toughest for a while - I think it took 3 or 4 attempts. No matter what I did, all the blue and black matches seemed to fall for the AI. I didn't feel like using boosts, so just kept trying and eventually managed to gather enough blue to take her out.

LT gave Kate Bishop a champ level.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    147 1/4/3. 10 tries later and I'm still getting wrecked. Closest I got her to was 900 Health. Regardless of how hard I try to deny, her colors seem to fall right into her lap. I haven't struggled this hard with a crash in a while.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3/4/4/ 115 Yondu.  9 times the charm UGH  I hate that most of the times I played, blue was non-existent on the boards.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    1/1/4 Yondu lvl 130.  Took about 8 tries.  At my low level it's all about denying Gamora the chance to fire off anything or I am instantly dead.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    147 1/4/3. 10 tries later and I'm still getting wrecked. Closest I got her to was 900 Health. Regardless of how hard I try to deny, her colors seem to fall right into her lap. I haven't struggled this hard with a crash in a while.
    Yay for persistence! Just got her. I guess the board felt sorry for me because I got a massive cascade on the starting board and launched his Blue and Black the second turn! From then on I denied her colors and collected Blue while my trusty arrow did it's thing. Eventually she fired Red, but i fired Black and Blue again next turn. 2 matches later and she was dead. FINALLY.

My LT gave me a Yellow Kingpin cover. He's already 5/3/5 and I have many more characters in need of iso. Bye Fisk.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Took me about half a dozen tries, but I got her with my 5/3/5 Level 90 Yondu. I needed +2 B/P, +2 B/G, and +2 All AP boosts to make it happen. Firing Centaurian Archery to get Yaka Assault early was crucial. Then it was all about denying red, blue, and black. I also got to fire Ravager's Ruse, which destroyed 4 of her black AP, which helped a ton. 

Finished with 2220 health left, just as she'd gathered enough to fire Incapacitate. Token to the hoard and ISO to champing Teen Jean instead of leveling up Yondu. Some other time, Mary Poppins.

EDIT: I just realized Yondu is my new record for lowest-leveled Crash win (albeit with boosts, although no damage boosts). Elektra still holds the record for least-covered win though, at 3/1/1.