How many cards can you get from crafting?

Options

Comments

• Amadeus
    Amadeus Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
      Leg stand new set
    Mythic 29.85 19.70 13.14
    Rare 144.88 98.52 65.68
    UC 656.80 197.04 131.36
    Com 1642.00 985.20 656.80
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Okay, am I missing something? Is everyone just going through and counting their duplicates? That seems....like a lot of work.
  • sjechua
    sjechua Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ermm, yep, counting through totals in pages, 10 cards per page ... around 150 pages
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    naphomci said:
    Okay, am I missing something? Is everyone just going through and counting their duplicates? That seems....like a lot of work.
    That is why I gave up on it after 30 pages, decided that it would be better to just find out at conversion.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep. I entered 1137 data points (one per unique card)
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Some of us have as much or more fun analyzing the game as playing it! ;)
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    My obsession was extremely minor compared to others I’ve seen. ;)
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Some of us have as much or more fun analyzing the game as playing it! ;)
    I have my fair share of obsessive analysis (I keep a running file of every card on MTGO, its color, CMC, type, which also means I have a running list of the cards not on MTGO). It just seems like a lot of work for something we will find out in 11 days.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I get get 30+ mythics in standard. Will also be getting some legacy to fill holes though, so will probably be closer to 40 new mythics... I’m laughing straight to the bank!
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    180k+ Orbs + 15% holiday discount ... 41 standard mythic ... 62 legacy mythic ... missing 42 rare + some mythic ...
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    My sheet has been updated with the newly announced reduced prices for legacy and Origins. If you already have a copy, you can just copy the conversion rate table on the summary page. 
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Not bothering to count it all, but with just 15 mythics and 203 rare dupes, that gives 27800 orbs, meaning 5 mythics from standard or 9 from origins. 

Considering I haven't counted commons and uncommons, that is decent enough, and certainly enough to complete origins if I want :)
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    Thuran said:
    Not bothering to count it all, but with just 15 mythics and 203 rare dupes, that gives 27800 orbs, meaning 5 mythics from standard or 9 from origins. 

Considering I haven't counted commons and uncommons, that is decent enough, and certainly enough to complete origins if I want :)
    I found that rares plus mythics made for approximately one third of my booster crafting currencies, uncommons another third, and commons the remaining third. I was surprised at how much value was bottled up in the lower commonality at first but others have stated similar rates. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If have 22k through mystic, 50k through rares, around 60k through uncommon and around 50k through common. So normal  split. But I hoarding dupes since February. 

• ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    So I "updated" my personal sheet with the count of cards I've added since this thread first started and increased my potential loot by 2% and cost by 2% as well.  Probably not worth the effort I put into the update.  I did verify the "Show All" skipping works and the sheet is laid out in that way now, but again, this should be a one-and-done sheet.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've got 8 mythic dupes, 260 rare dupes and total ~60k orbs.
    that would currently allow me to complete origins (17 mthics,
    9 rares missing, 1 uncommon(there's always one straggler)).

HH
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    naphomci said:
    Yes.... not fun and won't do it again. Lol
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    naphomci said:
    Yes.... not fun and won't do it again. Lol

Yeah, I did it a second time and found no real improvement in the numbers...  I'm either really excited about this or a glutton for punishment!
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m a glutton for punishment, I recalculate every 2 or 3 days.   27,880 orbs at the moment ;)
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has there been any speculation as to whether HOU cards will be converted to orbs at the "newest set" rate? I sure hope so