How many cards can you get from crafting?

Options
ElfNeedsFood
ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
I, like many, are pretty happy with the new booster crafting setup.  I did the math in a spreadsheet and found that I'll get about 20 standard set mythics from about 6 months of savings.  So much like Bolas, this is one of those where they've hit that "just right" balance to get us all excited while not making it easy for people to buy out all of the cards in the game...

If you'd like to do your own math, you can feel free to copy my sheet... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qF2OkUG9HSLP9Ug_pUYf6pFnCFl7aLR-UthQSDfyY0M/edit?usp=sharing

It's pretty basic, but answers just the questions I wanted to resolve. :)

Comments

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks! I was just about to do something similar :smile:
  • Drewster
    Drewster Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    6 mythics or 30 rares or 60 uncommons or 300 commons (newest set). Or, 9 mythics or 45 rares (other standard sets). Or, 14 mythics or 66 rares (legacy). That was kinda fun.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    Yes, in looking closer, I do think I will be getting quite a few rare boosters early on.  Scrapheap here I come!
  • majincob
    Options
    Some cosmetic changes plus calculate how many orbs you need to complete your collections (except for MP of course)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xlqWeW2fYih8vjL5rM5ME31lzjtHo03gJ0owrDucZQQ/edit?usp=sharing
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i had 107,300 potential orbs traded for 214,600 runes on 1st Jan 2017. :cry: luckily, i have been saving my dupes since. :)
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yesterday I counted my dupes..
    44M, 490 R, 2800 U, common probably 4000
    So around 150k Orbs. 

I don't know if I go for legacy (Oliv!) or for Standard. With cycling I'm already in good shape for Standard, so probably legacy. 

• ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    @majincob nice adds!  I’m going to add back later today. 
  • majincob
    Options
    @majincob nice adds!  I’m going to add back later today. 
    I'd like to add in the expected orb value of opening each pack based on assumed drop rates. I ran out of time and am stuck all day at work today with no PC access.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    majincob said:
    Some cosmetic changes plus calculate how many orbs you need to complete your collections (except for MP of course)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xlqWeW2fYih8vjL5rM5ME31lzjtHo03gJ0owrDucZQQ/edit?usp=sharing
    SOI Block?

edit: oh I see; BFZ block is merged with OGW but sheet labeled OGW is for SOI block
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    I've fixed my sheet.  It had some errors around blocks.  It now includes the names of sets that are blocked as well.  And I've added the cool "how much to complete my set?" calculator that @majincob added.

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    majincob said:
    I'd like to add in the expected orb value of opening each pack based on assumed drop rates. I ran out of time and am stuck all day at work today with no PC access.
    It works out to around 118 orbs per 5-card pack, assuming all dupes.  (I tried to add to the sheet but no permission.)
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It has to be more than 118 for a 5-pack given you get a guaranteed rare which breaks down to 100 runes by itself.

i have ~110k orbs, so 22 mythics.  I will likely buy a bunch of Origins and then think about what else makes sense.
  • deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @ElfNeedsFood @majincob

Nice work, thank you!

I apparently have a little more than 300k orbs coming, and need 230k to complete. Stoked!

• seifer1335
    seifer1335 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @ElfNeedsFood @majincob

Ditto on the nice work guys. I know we all appreciate the effort you took to do this and then share it
    with the rest of the players. Thank you so much.
  • blacklotus
    Options
  • blacklotus
    Options
    will give a minimum of (100 + 25 x10) = 350 mana orbs, that's the guaranteed rare + 25 commons, if one's luck is really bad, and if there are no changes to the price or constituents of a 300 crystal premium pack. 
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It has to be more than 118 for a 5-pack given you get a guaranteed rare which breaks down to 100 runes by itself.
    A 5-pack means a pack of 5 cards (i.e. a standard booster).  Expected value for an all-dupe premium pack is more like 700 orbs.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    I've made one last edit to color code areas where values can / should exist and some basic instructions on using the sheet based on questions I've gotten.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two minor things regarding your sheet (which is a great tool, thank you!)

Your SOI/EMN page has headers for OGW cards.

Also I'm not sure how you want to calculate in the three rare exlusives from KLD. It shows me missing 4, which is correct, but only three of those can be looted from packs as the fourth card is Core Prowler, and it's impossible to say if those three cards will be about to loot or craft in the future.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't have the patience to enter in all that info but thanks for sharing such a nice tool!