My 24hr tap journey

Options

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Perhaps the dev chanced their mind and this is intended now. They are allowing animations to be off in the next update so tappers can be more effective. 
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Perhaps the dev chanced their mind and this is intended now. They are allowing animations to be off in the next update so tappers can be more effective. 
    Same thought went through my head. Animation toggle is still the right choice, though. A lot of people are going to mistime their end clears, do a little bit of tapping, and realize how many points they can quickly gain via tapping.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@robertbah

I was wondering what kind of device you are using.  My tablet barely copes with the final clears and first clears before warning me about the battery level.

• robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options

@robertbah

I was wondering what kind of device you are using.  My tablet barely copes with the final clears and first clears before warning me about the battery level.

I use iphone8. I kept my phone charged all the time. 
  • robertbah
    Options
    Daiches said:
    May your sacrifice not be in vain.
    Also.. I see you in my PVE bracket.. I'm watching...
    Well, you should watch the scoreboard for all potential tappers. Someone is slowly tapping already. We will see how many of them are going to tap and how much?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Somebody is already tapping 8 hours out on the first sub.  
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Robert,

Thanks for the work and detailed break down on points-per-hour.

Personally I don't see the big deal about tapping for a few reasons:
    1) The optimal tapping time is only about 1 hr tops from the end of the sub. Many players with lower rosters need 90 minutes or more to do their final clears so lots of players are putting in 90 minutes at the end anyway and there is nothing said about their quality of life when they need that just for progression.
    2) I've never read anything from the Dev's that says PvE is a race against time. It's always been a points race. If it is a race against time then everyone should have the same handicap (ie identical rosters/characters/levels) otherwise it's an unfair race. Extra work via tapping is not much different than real life where poorer people decide to put in extra work to get ahead in life vs people who are rich/born rich and don't need to put in that work. You want the rewards be prepared to put in the work.

KGB
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    robertbah said:
    Daiches said:
    Well, you should watch the scoreboard for all potential tappers. Someone is slowly tapping already. We will see how many of them are going to tap and how much?
    I took what was mine.
    Enjoy tapping the worst sub in mpq, guys. You'll need it.
  • robertbah
    Options
    Daiches said:
    robertbah said:
    Daiches said:
    I took what was mine.
    Lol, there has been two voices in this forum. Oh, the tappers work for it and deserve it. The second is that tapping is not what d3 wants and cry about it. The complaint won’t matter if the situation is not bad enough. Now, if the required tapping is at least 2hr or more for end grind to make t10, you will see the stronger reactions from the general public. Especially when the persons with BIG can hardly make top10, d3 is more likely to deal with it. If not, well, tapping will be the new norm for pve and just stop complaint and go tapping!!!
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    robertbah said:
    Daiches said:
    I took what was mine.

You can't possibly mean the first sub in HaT, "I Have a Plan". It's spongy-caky, creamfilled goodness! Esp. with the cringy cajun creep all buffed and broken :D
    The second sub, AES. Where every single match takes longer to start than to end.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    robertbah said:
    Daiches said:
    robertbah said:
    Daiches said:
    I took what was mine.
    Lol, there has been two voices in this forum. Oh, the tappers work for it and deserve it. The second is that tapping is not what d3 wants and cry about it. The complaint won’t matter if the situation is not bad enough. Now, if the required tapping is at least 2hr or more for end grind to make t10, you will see the stronger reactions from the general public. Especially when the persons with BIG can hardly make top10, d3 is more likely to deal with it. If not, well, tapping will be the new norm for pve and just stop complaint and go tapping!!!
    Why not both?  Tappers work for it and deserve it.  But D3 has definitively said that tapping isn't what they intended which is why the easy nodes go to zero.  Obviously they didn't expect people to tap the harder nodes, but (no) life finds a way.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Orion said:

Why not both?  Tappers work for it and deserve it.  But D3 has definitively said that tapping isn't what they intended which is why the easy nodes go to zero.  Obviously they didn't expect people to tap the harder nodes, but (no) life finds a way.
    I think the problem here is that new PvE does not have "harder" nodes. This really is just a measure of physical endurance because, save for the 5* essential node, everything is easily beatable using standard teams over and over and over. 

Where the devs might think that anyone who can beat the 4* essential 1000 times is a great player.....they may also think that the purple gems are pink, Gambit is a balanced character or that @Dayv is purposely spelling his name wrong. 

Perhaps the best way to go about it is to only allow point regen on the 5* essential node after 6 clear (having to clear the 7th time for no prizes is dumb), and add 50 levels to the enemy team every clear. If someone taps that 1000 times, I will absolutely say that they "deserve" rewards for going above and beyond the call of duty. 

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Gee whiz man. Thank god I've got all the 4s covered minus the newer guys, I just don't have it in to me to do something like this all day, everyday. I've gotten to a point where I can rely on the tokens, HP, and CP for pulls to get a character to full coverage, the 1-2 covers I may get from t10 placement are merely a speed bump in the process. The iso difference between t10 and t20 is also rarely more than 500-1K, so I'm fine with it if I've just got to be a t20 person from now on. Props for the dedication, I do not envy it lol. 

I'm legitimately curious how you guys do it though. I can't play this game and realistically watch a show or do something else with my hands/phone while I play MPQ. My eyes have to be glued to the screen to analyze everything at play: My AP, enemy AP, enemy CDs/powers, etc. So it absolutely blows my mind that people are tapping hard nodes like this. Even on hard goon nodes it's not usually as simple as just swiping away with Strange/Thanos, because you still need to pay attention to which folks are dropping what CDs and when. If it's a node with tile-movers, watching enemy AP/powers is even more important, because they can put some serious hurt on your characters that will require healing if you want to realistically keep them in the fray. Are there not outside influences that ask for your time? Wives/Husbands/Partners? Kids? Job? Sleep? Or is it just as simple as blocking off time that you have nothing better to do with and treating it like DDQ? 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeroKarma said:
    Where the devs might think that anyone who can beat the 4* essential 1000 times is a great player.....they may also think that the purple gems are pink, Gambit is a balanced character or that @Dayv is purposely spelling his name wrong. 
    They would only be right about one of those things.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BoyWonder1914 said:.. I'm legitimately curious how you guys do it though....
    I can't speak for anyone else, and I'm no pro/habitual tapper, but I have done a bit here and there.

5trangeBolt, and now 5trange Gambolt, are complete autopilot mode vs. goons. Literally near-zero attention paid, I've tapped a goon node for 90min while reading a book or watching movies, no heals needed. Just look over every couple secs to see if I need to move yet and make a random match, maybe fire a power.

If we could just cut the tinykitty and get going straight from clicking the fight button to awarding the points, please thanks. Put in a nominal delay to keep up appearances, I'd be OK with that ;)
    There's that too, I have no idea what 5-star play is like but I imagine certain people do make it essentially effortless. I understand Strange, Gambit, and Black Bolt's builds well enough that I get why the team works so well, I'm just surprised that you squeeze by without health loss even in CL9 where guys are scaled pretty high with health pools. But then again I don't know damage numbers scale for those 5-stars since I haven't put in any iso myself. 
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bravo on your dedication!
    I understand 24 hour tapping.. because before i do marvel puzzle quest, its the type of game i played before (TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS) if anyone knew that. Its literally no sleep for the last 24 hrs. You snooze you loose. The reward though is same for top 1-100. And no different slices to choose. Only one slice for all. Nothing like mpq were rewards are better at top 10 upwards. And you got to choose the slice and time convenient for you.  Glad that game is over.  So i find MPQ more relaxed and not pressured. Only when you are gunning for the top spot. And you deserve it.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If they reduced bracket sizes, it would ease pressure on tappers to extend their sessions, on average.  Not a grand solution, but it would work to stop the meta from getting too out of hand with tapping (i.e. competitive play would more often consist of *some* tapping, but not *unbounded* tapping).
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    More brackets means more rewards which is definitely not in the cards.
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dear Tappers,

Have you ever considered the negative consequences?

Have you ever considered that you are addicted?

Video game addiction is real.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_addiction

MPQ has various features designed to keep you coming back.

Think about it.